• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uses for Crocks Available in Outlet

In summary, the crocks are an odd shape and can be used for baking bread, storing utensils, or for holding plants. Some people use them on their kitchen counters, while others take them with them when they go to shows.
SusanBP0129
It seems like many of you LOVE the discontinued crocks. I feel silly asking this, but what do you use them for? They seem an odd shape to me....
:D

You can bake breads in them - a lot of people use them on their kitchen counters to store utensils (personally I prefer my TTA)

I have one on each side of my stove- one for knives and one for nylon tools. It is so convienent!

I have two yellow ones that I love to bake breads in (and use to house tools too!) I'd LOVE to have a cranberry one!

gilliandanielle said:
I have one on each side of my stove- one for knives and one for nylon tools. It is so convienent!

GREAT IDEA!!;) ;) ;)

Thanks! I wish I could have 10 lined up, but I would look crazy!! I would have one for bamboo tools, one for knives, one for scissors, one for nylon tools, one for scrapers....I just HATE digging in my GIANT utensil drawer try to find something!!

Has anyone baked bread in them? Does it come out well?

I love to bake banana bread in mine!
I had a customer awhile back that ordered one to make baked beans in.

lacychef said:
I love to bake banana bread in mine!
I had a customer awhile back that ordered one to make baked beans in.
Has anyone made anything in it in the microwave?:D

I have one on my window sill with a plant in it. If I wanted to I could pull the plastic liner out and bake something in it but haven't yet - lol.

I imagine you could make anything that you can in the other bakers in the oven or microwave. You might have to adjust the bake times a bit, but I am sure that it would work.

BethCooks4U said:
I have one on my window sill with a plant in it. If I wanted to I could pull the plastic liner out and bake something in it but haven't yet - lol.

LOL...and then just put the plant back in it!!:D

BethCooks4U said:

That is a great idea! I'm going to compare prices at the store. I bet it's comparable to the clay pots there!

gilliandanielle said:
I imagine you could make anything that you can in the other bakers in the oven or microwave. You might have to adjust the bake times a bit, but I am sure that it would work.
Hmmm, how about 1/3? of a cake mix in the micro? I got 2 at NC in my surprise box but I haven't used them yet and I wanted them SO bad, but I have been way too busy to bake.

I have the none glazed one, I like to bake our Beer Bread at work it makes the whole building smell sooo good! I've done cakes and banana bread in it also, comes out wonderful. I would like to have a glazed one though to store my favorite spoons and spatulas in on the stove.

Stacy- have you ever done anything in the microwave with these? It seems like an odd shape for bread, how do you cut it?

gilliandanielle said:

I have one on each side too!!! One for nylon tools and one for bamboo. Although with all the nylon tools I have - some have spilled over to party with the bamboo kids!

I have three of them.

I use the yellow one for plastic ware that I use when I have parties, get-togethers and cooking shows at my home.

The light blue one I have utensils in.

The third one I have is light green, and I took my pens wrapped them like flowers, stuck them in the pot and that is what I take with me to shows. It looks nice and I always get my pens back.

I have never baked in them, seems silly to me. I have my loaf pans for bread; if and when I ever decide to bake it. But, that's just me, I know that other people love them to bake in.

I also gave two of them to my mom and she uses them for her kitchen tools as well.

While I have uses for them, it's not a product that I love..... but I know that there are some that use them and love them.

Jaye

My director had pens with "flags" with booking and recruiting sayings on them like "What could you do with $400" and "My average host gets $120 free!". She always gets her pens back, and they hellp remind guests of the little things we might forget!

Oooh, that's a good idea... I like that! Maybe I will do that the next time I make them.... thanks for the idea!

I have a 14 year old bread crock!!!
LOVE IT!
I bake bread in it, in fact I used to bake pumpkin bread for my hosts in them. Maybe I could do that again since they're available to purchase!
When not in use mine holds utensils.
Also you can do ice cream in them for ice cream socials. Pack ice around the outide of it, put the ice cream in and it won't melt as fast.

I love the bread crock.

Kris

I love my crock. I bake bread in it as well as right now it has pens in it for shows. The people just love it. When I tell them they are discontinued they are totally bummed...I am glad that can get them again.

gilliandanielle said:
Stacy- have you ever done anything in the microwave with these? It seems like an odd shape for bread, how do you cut it?

Did you mean Lacy?:p lol....I've never baked in the micro with the crock. I just make circular shaped slices! Makes a fun different shape.
Beth-I like the idea of putting flowers in them; I thought of that once but never did it. I've got four of them just sitting in my kitchen; maybe I'll do this!

dannyzmom said:
You can bake breads in them - a lot of people use them on their kitchen counters to store utensils (personally I prefer my TTA)

I prefer my TTA for utensils too (I've got TOO many utensils to put in a crock....5 or 6 maybe :) ) I use my crock (navy blue) next to the sink for my scrub brushes (veggie brush, easy clean brush). You could use one for twixit clips. Put a row of them on your desk...paper clips, pencils, rubber bands. Now that they are available on the outlet, I just might take one to shows for my pens.

gilliandanielle said:

I haven't tried them in the microwave but I'm sure you could make a micro cake in them. The bread comes out in a round shape like the crock and the top is kind of mushroom shaped, we just slice it like a loaf (it just makes round slices instead of square). I think I will try a cake tonight in the micro...I'll let you know how it turns out.:rolleyes:

ihavethetools said:
I have a 14 year old bread crock!!!
LOVE IT!
I bake bread in it, in fact I used to bake pumpkin bread for my hosts in them. Maybe I could do that again since they're available to purchase!
When not in use mine holds utensils.
Also you can do ice cream in them for ice cream socials. Pack ice around the outide of it, put the ice cream in and it won't melt as fast.

I love the bread crock.

Kris

What a great idea with the ice cream...Love It!!!! I will have to try the pumpkin bread also. Thanks for sharing!!!

Let us know how the micro cake turned out!

Sorry I'm a dork earlier, I didn't see there was a Stacy that posted:eek:

I love ya anyway Lacy!!

I have two in my kitchen as well, one on either side of my stove, one with Nylon utensils and one with my other most used utensils. I also just ordered two more from the outlet to put into my scrapbooking room to hold craft scissors and pens. Now that i've heard that awesome idea about the pens for shows with flowers and flags on them, I think I may need to buy more if there are any left in the outlet! Those are awesome ideas!!

Good idea about using them for scrapbooking pens & scissors!! I may just have to get one now! :)

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks! I wish I could have 10 lined up, but I would look crazy!! I would have one for bamboo tools, one for knives, one for scissors, one for nylon tools, one for scrapers....I just HATE digging in my GIANT utensil drawer try to find something!!
Its not the crocks that would make you look crazy. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-024.gif

I use the cranberry one to hold all of my pens for my shows, it keeps them together and it allows the guests to see the cranberry glaze and what a new stone looks like before you bake on it. I don't know if it helped, but I sold 69 stones in Sept.

Way smart idea for the cranberry... I always have vanilla glazed, so that is a great way to get double duty in my load of stuff! Thanks!

AJPratt said:
Its not the crocks that would make you look crazy. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-024.gif
Look who's talkin' lady!!

GourmetGirl said:
Way smart idea for the cranberry... I always have vanilla glazed, so that is a great way to get double duty in my load of stuff! Thanks!

hey! we haven't seen you here in awhile:)

gilliandanielle said:
Look who's talkin' lady!!
Takes one to know one!!!

I've used mine as vases for cut flowers and to hold raw veggies. When I do a buffet meal I put a wad of plastic wrap in the bottom (to bring the contents up a bit), then I add my long celery sticks and carrot sticks. I've also used them for cherry or grape tomatoes. It's different. It adds height to the buffet. It also lets me tuck a few things in and around other dishes.

OK, I didn't look at the description but it sounds like they're much smaller than I thought. How big are they?

britishchef said:
OK, I didn't look at the description but it sounds like they're much smaller than I thought. How big are they?

I got out my tape measure! They are about 6 inches tall, and about 5 1/2 inches wide (the opening is about 4 inches)

I use the crock with the insert on my kitchen counter to throw trash into when I am cooking it works great and just empty it when Im done.

lkspeir said:
I have two yellow ones that I love to bake breads in (and use to house tools too!) I'd LOVE to have a cranberry one!

How do you cook breads in it??? Is there a recipe some where? Thanks!

gilliandanielle said:
My director had pens with "flags" with booking and recruiting sayings on them like "What could you do with $400" and "My average host gets $120 free!". She always gets her pens back, and they hellp remind guests of the little things we might forget!

Does she make them or buy them?

I think she bought them, but they could be made very easily with some sticky paper and clip art!

its_me_susan said:
Does she make them or buy them?
She probably bought the flags through The Booster. They have those and a ton of great stickers and other things.

www.thebooster.com

Thanks Beth!

Another use that went around in our cluster is as a wine holder. If you take out the insert and put the crock in the freezer for a couple hours, it'll get really cold. Then put the plastic insert back in and use it to hold a bottle of wine at dinner. It will keep the wine cool.

You can also use them to hold utensils for a picnic or potluck. In fact, with 3 different colors, you can color-code knives, forks and spoons. :)

chefann said:
Another use that went around in our cluster is as a wine holder. If you take out the insert and put the crock in the freezer for a couple hours, it'll get really cold. Then put the plastic insert back in and use it to hold a bottle of wine at dinner. It will keep the wine cool.

You can also use them to hold utensils for a picnic or potluck. In fact, with 3 different colors, you can color-code knives, forks and spoons. :)

Great ideas Ann. I like to have wine sometimes with my dinner and it always gets warm so fast, this sure would fix that problem.

I have used mine for cubed cheese and trail bologna when we have friends over to play cards. I place the crocks in the refrig to chill and then I don't have to worry about the cheeses getting to soft by the end of the night. That way whoever likes Swiss can sit the crock by them and those who like Pepper Jack can have their own crock also.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• samcmills
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
plannerose