• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Prayer for Mechanic: Get My Car Running for Tomorrow's Show!

In summary, Trish's husband has been working to put a new water pump in, but the car is torn apart and isn't driveable; he's given up on it and started drinking; Trish is trying to find a mechanic to come complete the work; and she's praying for a solution. Trish's husband apologized for asking her to move out of the house, and has admitted that he has a problem with alcohol. She's currently waiting for her nephew to come and fix the car, and is also waiting for her husband to go to Alcoholics Anonymous.
Trish in Texas
Gold Member
My husband's been working to put a new water pump in. The car is torn apart so isn't driveable. Anyway, he can't get to all the parts so he's given up on it (and started drinking on top of that -- erg). Anyway, I'm trying to find a mechanic to come complete the work. Pray that I get it up and running tonight...I have a show tomorrow.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I'm sorry... I pray that everything gets fixed!

I'll be praying...maybe check with local churches to see if they have a mechanic who attends there who is loooking for work? Just a thought!

Still not fixed...my husband, who is diabetic, tried to walk the 18 miles to work today...getting up at 1 am but turning around 3 miles later due to rain and lightning. We had a huge fight (due to the drinking) and now he wants me to move out of the house. Lord, sure could use help here. My host called last night and turned her show into a catty one (people at work weren't going to show up). I think I boost it into a Pamper A Business by bringing them a "goodie."

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Oh, sweetie. I'm praying!

Thanks, guys! Still trying to get it fixed but have put out lots of feelers to see if I can find someone to help us.

I've prayed for you and your husband, Trish.

Thank you so much for all the care you have sent my way. My nephew, who is great with cars, is supposed to come this morning to see if he can fix it. He'll bring a trailer in case he needs to tow it back to his place to work on it (an hour away). In the interim, my husband apoliogized for asking me to move out of the house. Has anyone heard of Celebrate Recovery? A friend suggested we attend for his alcoholism (which he denies he has). But, nobody sane drinks and hides it or lies about it like he does.

Trish in Texas said:
Thank you so much for all the care you have sent my way. My nephew, who is great with cars, is supposed to come this morning to see if he can fix it. He'll bring a trailer in case he needs to tow it back to his place to work on it (an hour away). In the interim, my husband apoliogized for asking me to move out of the house. Has anyone heard of Celebrate Recovery? A friend suggested we attend for his alcoholism (which he denies he has). But, nobody sane drinks and hides it or lies about it like he does.

I hate to tell you, until he admits to a problem no program will help. You can go to programs that support loved ones of alcoholics. At least them YOU can get support.

If you have family or good friends nearby you may want to talk to them and let them know the situation. Next time he kicks you out (or threatens to) GO! He needs to hit bottom to acknowledge his problem. As long as things are the status quo he has no need to change. You need to kick him in the behind..

Please know we are all here for you.

I hope everything works out. I agree with Darlene. Then again, maybe if your husband sees a group he might realize that he does have a problem.

Praise God! The car is fixed. Took my nephew and husband 12 hours yesterday to do it...busted the crank shaft in the process and had to replace it. Changed belts too. Drives great now!! Plus my husband said he'd go back to AA...and I'll do Al-Anon at the same time. Thanks for all your prayers. They worked!!!

Praying for a good, reliable, affordable used car...after putting on new water pump and belts, the car is still overheating. Have to stop every 15 minutes to put in water. Takes forever to take my husband to and from the 18 miles to work! He begged me to take him to AA last night and had a good meeting. His buds there tell him how lucky he is that I still stick with him. He's being extra appreciative of me...good for the ego!

praying. get support around you! Can your recruiter help you get to shows?

Thanks for your advice. No, she can't. She has family obligations and another job commitment. Last night, my husband figured out it was the upper radiator hose that was leaking. Picking up a new one today. I hope that will fix it until we can get a new car. It's been too hot to go without aiir in Texas!! And stopping every 15minutes to put water in. My nephew is keeping his eye out for a new used car for us. He scored a great BMW for his daughter for $2,000 because the owner thought the engine was frozen. Instead, he replaced a part and it works great. Thank goodness he's such a great mechanic.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Related to Urgent Prayer for Mechanic: Get My Car Running for Tomorrow's Show!

1. Can you give us an example of a "Prayer for a Mechanic"?

Sure, here is a sample prayer: "Dear God, please guide the hands of the mechanic who will be working on my car today. Give them wisdom and skill to diagnose and fix any issues, and keep them safe while they do so. Thank you for providing us with the means to maintain our vehicles, and for keeping us safe on the road. Amen."

2. Is it appropriate to pray for my mechanic?

Absolutely! Prayer is a powerful tool and can be used in any situation, including for those who work on our cars. Praying for your mechanic shows that you care about their well-being and the success of their work.

3. Should I tell my mechanic that I am praying for them?

That is completely up to you. Some people may feel more comfortable keeping their prayers private, while others may want to let their mechanic know that they are being thought of and prayed for. Ultimately, it is a personal decision.

4. Can I pray for my mechanic even if I don't know their name?

Yes, you can still pray for your mechanic even if you don't know their name. God knows who they are, and your sincere prayers for their work and safety will still be heard.

5. Can I pray for my mechanic's business or coworkers as well?

Definitely! Praying for the success of your mechanic's business and the well-being of their coworkers can also be a great way to support and uplift them. Your prayers can make a positive impact on the overall atmosphere of their workplace.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Trish in Texas
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • pamperedpals