• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Urgent Help Needed for Bb Recipe

A
akaskydebil
Posted on the other site but hoping for insight here too!

Ok I'm a huge dorkface. :yuck: I procrastinated (shocking!) and just got 10 batter bowls in to make the batter bowl recipe gifts that people ordered. The issue is I have to take 6 of them tomorrow with me to Happy Valley (GO PENN STATE) for a friend who ordered them filled with the Brownie & Celebration Cookie recipes.

My dilemma that's causing chest pains... *deep breath* :sick:

I did not realize that Mars North America stopped selling M&Ms mini baking chips which is what the brownie recipe calls for (1 cup worth!) I searched every store I could find only to come home tonite to Google it to find they no longer sell them. EEEK! During my cardiac arrest at the last grocery store (of too many to list) I bought the mini Hershey Kisses.

Any ideas if these will work? They won't give any color but I don'tknow what else to do. I even asked the stores about the mini Reeses Pieces they used to sell for baking and they said they were clearanced out.

Please give any and all suggestions!!!! I have the Celebration Cookie ones done but NOOOOOOO clue what to do for the brownie ones.

Sidenote: I told all my customers that I would put holiday fabric over the lid and tie with ribbon...little did I realize that the new lids are POS's (IMO) compared to the old ones (like I had used as a demo) and the lids don't stay on the darn bowls. The old ones you couldn't get off without a pry bar...now you could flick these off with a feather. Grrrr...This is the big guys punishment for me procrasting.... :grumpy:

Can anyone bail me out before I stroke in the middle of the kitchen floor? :bugeye:
(Oh yes I realize it is 9pm the night before...thats why I love 24hr stores) LOL

Take a breath. It will all work out. Do you have any Christmas candy decorations - like sprinkles? Or how about a candy cane? Just sprinkle some around the edges at the layer you're doing the candy to add color. It will all work out and they will love it.

I've never done them, but I think Beth's idea is great! I just helped a friend do cupcakes for her son's class. Son had picked out a holiday cake mix with red & green in the batter. It turned out to just be sprinkles like you would put on top. :)Maybe white chocolate morsels to add color to the brownie mix & crushed nuts? ;)

I know this isn't going to help you now, but my sister made one to give at her holiday party and she just used mini M&M's. She was none so happy with the lids though. She called me to tell me that she had a defective lid and we figured out that it wasn't defective, it was just the new lid. There has to be a happy medium between the two...right? Hope it all worked out!

Well I am going to take the empty bowls with me today to her house and I brought everything to assemble them and she can decide what she wants for me to put in. I think I'll go with the reg M&M suggestion or ask if her she'd like something like Candy Cane pieces. They took me not long to assemble so while she's playing basketball mom tomorrow, I'll play PC Consultant. :D

Jennifer- They seem defective even though they are not. There is no way that lid will stay on and not let contents pill. Saran Wrap would hold better and I HATE the cling wrap as it sticks to everything BUT what I want it to. ;) They really need to fix these lids b/c I'd rather go back to the 'on like glue' ones than these flimsy pieces of plastic.

when did they change the lids?

pamperedlinda said:
when did they change the lids?

Last Spring....it was announced at last years Spring Launch.

Chefbeckyd said:
Last Spring....it was announced at last years Spring Launch.

I remember a bunch of hoopla on CS about people not getting new lids as samples, but I don't remember PC announcing the change.

pamperedlinda said:
I remember a bunch of hoopla on CS about people not getting new lids as samples, but I don't remember PC announcing the change.

Yep - they told us at Spring Launch they would be available on a certain date, and then they weren't - or something like that. IDK, the details are fuzzy, but I do remember that that was when it was announced.

So, how did it go? Sorry about the panic and stress....but I'm sure you did a fab job!

We decided on using regular M&Ms. My customers are very disappointed with the lids and that they don't stay on well. These new lids are not good for the batter bowl recipes b/c you have to be careful as to not tip them over and packaging them as a gift is what I'll say is a nightmare. My old method was so pretty looking - now they have to go back in the box b/c they are for school teachers and such and the bus ride and child transport surely will lead to disaster with loose lids.

If they don't change the lids I prob won't do them again next year bc it lost its 'look'.
Sad because I sold quite a few.

Chefbeckyd said:
Yep - they told us at Spring Launch they would be available on a certain date, and then they weren't - or something like that. IDK, the details are fuzzy, but I do remember that that was when it was announced.

Yeah, the thing was they accidently posted a CN that said we had received them at Spring Launch and that CN was posted on CS. When they didn't get them in time the final copy of the CN just had a chef hat in where they had said we got them and acted like they hadn't intended to give them out. No biggie but several were upset.

1. What is the issue with the batter bowl recipe gifts?

The issue is that the recipe calls for M&Ms mini baking chips, but they are no longer being sold by Mars North America.

2. Can other types of chocolate chips be used instead of M&Ms?

Yes, other types of chocolate chips can be used as a substitute. The author mentions using mini Hershey Kisses as a replacement.

3. Will the mini Hershey Kisses give the same color as the M&Ms?

No, the mini Hershey Kisses will not provide the same color as the M&Ms. However, they will still add a chocolate flavor to the brownies.

4. What other options are there for adding color to the brownie recipe?

The author mentions trying to use mini Reeses Pieces, but they were not available. Other options could include using food coloring or sprinkles on top of the batter before baking.

5. Can the author substitute the new lids for the old ones?

It seems that the new lids do not stay on the batter bowls as well as the old ones. The author may need to find a different way to secure the lids, such as using plastic wrap or tying the fabric and ribbon around the entire bowl.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heather223
  • twinkie10
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies