• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upset Over Wal Mart's Almost Identical Pumpkin Dishes

In summary, the conversation is about a person who went to Wal Mart and found pumpkin dishes similar to ones they have for a lower price. They are worried about people comparing the dishes and possibly choosing the cheaper option. Others in the conversation mention that stores like Wal Mart always have similar items and it's something they have to deal with. They also mention that the quality of the pumpkin dish from the company is much higher and microwave-safe, unlike the one from Wal Mart. They also discuss different occasions where the pumpkin dish could be used as a gift or for decoration. Some people express their love for the pumpkin dish and wanting more, but not wanting to spend a lot of money.
PamperedCaniac
I went to Wal Mart yesterday for laundry supplies and I walk by the kitchen section to find pumpkin dishes just like ours for $4.00!! They look almost identical, and I was a little upset because ours are small when you see them in person compared to what you think they are, plus Wal Mart had the at a low price. I am just afraid a few people will compare these when I bring mine to a show. (Wal Mart had a huge section row so hard to miss these) :(

Stores like Wal-Mart/Target/etc always have things similar to our stuff. It's just something we need to deal with.

people are always saying they'll just buy a stone at WM for $10 or something. You just tell them the benefits of our stuff and let it go.

Ours is free with a $60 purchase.

The other thing is that it may look similar, but what I have noticed when comparing any SA with similar pieces is that when side-by-side, the SA is of a completely different (much higher) quality.

Ours goes in the microwave...doubt theirs does!

janetupnorth said:
Ours goes in the microwave...doubt theirs does!

Good point. You usually can't put a stone from a store in the micro either.

I saw those too, but when I picked it up...no difference. Looks similar, but nowhere near as 'solid'.

if you don't feel comfortable showing the dish, then don't show it.

Is their's chip resistant?

susanr613 said:
if you don't feel comfortable showing the dish, then don't show it.

I feel comfortable showing the product and will do so... Just giving this out more as an observation. I know ours is nicer quality for sure because I picked up the 2, however I just hated they have something that looks so close. Again... not knocking it but I was surprised how similar it was in the appearance to people outside the PC world. Also I agree about ours being FREE :) although you always run into the people that could care less and are just rude when you tell them it is free with a $60 purchase because they refuse to spend $60. LOL However I will take my dish because I earned it and I want people to see the size to be honest. I do not want them to get it and think it is small and not be happy, but I want them to see it at a show as "cute" and great for dips and so on.

I ran into this with the heart dish... aside from dips, candy, and a candle, what are some creative ways to use the pumpkin? It doesn't seem like you could do a micro. cake in them. They don't seem big enough. I'm just looking for some fun ideas to share.

Well, Sweetest Day is in October. They could give it to someone with candies in it.The 4th Sunday in October is Mother-in-Law's Day - shock her by recognizing that! Then she can use it to decorate for Halloween and Thanksgiving.November 4th is National Candy Day

I think my mother in law would be suprised!

janetupnorth said:
Well, Sweetest Day is in October. They could give it to someone with candies in it.

The 4th Sunday in October is Mother-in-Law's Day - shock her by recognizing that! Then she can use it to decorate for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

November 4th is National Candy Day

Ha ha! Thank you for that tip! MIL day!

I think it makes a nice teacher treat...

I wish there was a way to get a set of 6 or 8. I think they would be so cute as dessert plates for pumpkin trifle, or a pumpkin dip.

ChefBeckyD said:
I wish there was a way to get a set of 6 or 8. I think they would be so cute as dessert plates for pumpkin trifle, or a pumpkin dip.

Well, you could spend $60 6-8 times (do your gift shopping). :eek:

ChefBeckyD said:

That is a nice idea, Becky!

BethCooks4U said:
Well, you could spend $60 6-8 times (do your gift shopping). :eek:

I don't have that much gift shopping to do(I've already done alot of that by hosting shows.)....and DH would be really ticked off!

I'm hoping that one day, they may show up in the outlet. I like the pumpkin dish so much more than the heart dish.

I love my heart dish! It sits at the back of my kitchen sink and holds my scrubbies/scraper/etc!

I feel the same way Becky!! I want more, MORE , MORE!!! but I am not about to spend that much to get them!!

ChefBeckyD said:

I liked that you could buy as manyheart dishes as you wanted better than getting 1 for free with $60.. I had people ordering 3 and 4 of the hearts :(

redsoxgirl said:
I liked that you could buy as manyheart dishes as you wanted better than getting 1 for free with $60.. I had people ordering 3 and 4 of the hearts :(

I agree with this! I had forgotten that was how it was done with the hearts - no wonder I have more than one of those.:rolleyes:

It just now hit me that we won't be able to buy these...darn :(
I bought a few of the hearts for gifts, including my daycare providers and filled them with hershey's hugs and kisses and they LOVED them!! I was going to do the same with the pumpkin dishes and it just now hit me I won't be able to buy them. Bummer!!

We can't buy them? I thought consultants can purchase the guest specials one month prior?

I believe the pumpkin dish was an earn only thing...
I could be wrong, but I think that's what it was..even if you could order it, you can only order one

babywings76 said:
We can't buy them? I thought consultants can purchase the guest specials one month prior?

You can but you have to order $60 (after your discount) to get it just like guests do.

Hope HO is reading this--I'd like to buy several myself, and bet my customers would too.

Yes I agree. I hope they decide to let customers buy just the pumpkin without having to spend 60 bucks.

I wonder if we're on a holiday trend - hmm. Turkeys or leaves plates for Thanksgiving, Tree plate or Ornament plate or non-descript "giftbox plate" for Holaday (BS- call it Christmas!!), Shamrock for St. Patrick's Day, Floral Boquet for Mother's Day, Bunny or Egg for Easter, Flag for Independence Day.

pampcheflisa said:
It just now hit me that we won't be able to buy these...darn :(
I bought a few of the hearts for gifts, including my daycare providers and filled them with hershey's hugs and kisses and they LOVED them!! I was going to do the same with the pumpkin dishes and it just now hit me I won't be able to buy them. Bummer!!

Maybe you can offer a substitution gift and keep the Pumpkin Dish for yourself. Not everyone is crazy about these. I think they're cute, I'm usuing it for my keys right now. Very chip resistant!

Never mind getting it FREE for $60, here in Canada the guests have to purchase for $80 to get it FREE! Yet they get the same gift of equal value.

1. Why are the pumpkin dishes at Wal Mart almost identical to ours?

As a direct sales company, we do not manufacture our own products. Our products are sourced from various suppliers and manufacturers, which is why you may find similar items at other retail stores.

2. How come the pumpkin dishes at Wal Mart are much cheaper than ours?

Our prices are set based on the cost of production, materials used, and other factors. Other retailers may have different pricing strategies and may be able to offer lower prices.

3. I am disappointed that our pumpkin dishes are smaller compared to the ones at Wal Mart. Can you explain why?

The size of our products is determined by the design and functionality of the item. We strive to provide high-quality products that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing, which may result in different sizes compared to other retailers.

4. Will people notice the similarities between our pumpkin dishes and the ones at Wal Mart?

It is possible that some people may notice the similarities, but it is also important to remember that our products are unique and come with the Pampered Chef guarantee of quality. Our customers appreciate the value and quality of our products, and we stand behind them.

5. How can I address this issue when presenting our pumpkin dishes at a show?

You can confidently showcase our pumpkin dishes by highlighting their unique design, quality, and versatility. Remind your customers that they are purchasing from a trusted brand and that our products come with a satisfaction guarantee. Additionally, you can also mention that supporting direct sales companies like Pampered Chef helps to support small businesses and entrepreneurs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchris
  • patty42240
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
patty42240
Replies
Views
kdangel518