• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlocking the Secrets of a Mystery Host Show for Half-Price Conference Earnings

if someone won the mystery host show but their name was on the receipt as the mystery host and they got the product, they would probably get mad and want their money back.No worries! If somebody's name is on the receipt as the mystery host and they get the product, they get a full refund, no questions asked.
jbachen
OK, so I am trying out one of the $1000 mystery host shows to help earn conference for 1/2 price. And some of my hostesses who are participating want to be set up on the website. So I want to make sure, if I do this, that orders will still come through me so that I can combine them with the other hostess's orders to make the $1000 show. Will it work that way?

Thanks!

If you do a separate show for each host online, you can still pull them into one show on P3. No problem!

Cool. Thanks Ann, I knew that; I just wanted to be sure. Now cross your fingers for me!! This is my first time trying this!

Ok I am still new to all this. Can someone please explain the "mystery host" flyer and how a "mystery host" show works. Looks like a great idea for May. I saw the flyer in another thread but wasn't sure how it worked.

You get 10 hostesses to each submit $100 in orders. They can do a mini-catalog show to collect them, or place a $100 order themselves. Then you put what all 10 of them submit together as one $1000 show, so you know what the rewards will be. Then you put the 10 hostesses names into a drawing for the hostess rewards. One of them gets the $215 free product (or you can split it between two of them), four of them get an item at 50% off, and one of them gets the hostess special for 60% off. There is a great flyer on here somewhere that breaks it all down - I used it for my show! Good luck!

Are you doing a cooking show or catalog show? If it is a catalog show, the FPV for $1000 is $200.

Other than that: NICE JOB!
Thank you!

OK, I am little slow, sorry. :confused:

How am I putting this into PPP???? I understand you put the $1000 in Show sales by name.

How am I dividing the $215 FREE, 4 1/2 Price Items and 30% off everything else??? Do I pick the winning name and use that???

What if there is a problem and they need to call HO and it is under another name???

lizdpamperedchef said:
OK, I am little slow, sorry. :confused:

How am I putting this into PPP???? I understand you put the $1000 in Show sales by name.

How am I dividing the $215 FREE, 4 1/2 Price Items and 30% off everything else??? Do I pick the winning name and use that???

What if there is a problem and they need to call HO and it is under another name???

Wondering the same things...how to put a mystery host show into pp3?

Hm, I was hoping someone more experienced might answer this one, since when my show closes I may be experimenting with this... But my plan was to pick one of the hostesses as the mystery host winner, and put all of the hostesses orders together under the main hostess name. I will then divide payment appropriately among the hostesses. All the orders they collect go in as guest orders. It does say in the flyer that if they are part of the $100 in orders they collect, then it cannot count toward their hostess benefits. So think of it this way... the ten hostesses have each collected $100 in orders, hopefully mostly from other folks. All those folks together are the guests of the show. Then I enter one name as the hostess, and place all of the hostesses orders under that one name, dividing the payment due (if any) so that each hostess pays her own way. The only thing I am unsure of is how to handle receipts. It was just discussed in another thread that combining orders to save shipping costs buggers up the receipts, but I was just thinking of printing out one copy of the receipt for each hostess. The names will be off, but I figured with the show information they could get replacements if they need to - it would be as if they received the product as a gift. Oh, and I plan to have the show ship to me, so that I can then divide the orders by hostess and deliver them. Am I making any sense at all? Can anyone who has done this explain it better than I can??

it sounds okay. one of my concerns would be if any of the hosts had a booking off of this b/c that needs to be listed under her name as the host. If you only have one person book no problem you put that person as the host but if multiple people book from different 'hosts' it could cause a problem with the hostess booking benefits.

Well, either I could give them the hostess gifts myself in the months they booked, or put the purchase of the hostess gift for the booked month in under the chosen hostesses name, but get payment from the hostess who booked, and have the item ship to me. Does that make sense?

How did I just stumble across this? This is such a great idea! Now, the hard part is finding 10 hostesses that won't take the hostess packet (which costs $4.60 each to send), leave it in their car and tell me they couldn't get any orders! :(

They need to commit to getting $100 in orders. Tell them it's important for it to work. If possible, drop the packets off or have them come pick them up. OR have them do an online show. No catalogs!! Or just send one.

That might work. The online thing seems like such a no-brainer to me, but I have never had anybody ever use it. I'm beginning to think it's just ME!

Ok, I sent it out...wish me luck!

Last edited:

What is a Mystery Host Show?

A Mystery Host Show is a special type of party where the host's identity is kept secret until the end. Instead of earning host rewards, all guests have the chance to earn half-price items based on the total party sales.

How do I participate in a Mystery Host Show?

To participate in a Mystery Host Show, simply attend the party and make a purchase. Every purchase made at the party will count towards the total sales, increasing the chances for half-price items for all guests.

How are the half-price items determined?

The half-price items are determined by the total sales of the party. For every $200 in sales, one half-price item will be unlocked for all guests to choose from. For example, if the party reaches $600 in sales, three half-price items will be available for purchase.

Can I still earn host rewards at a Mystery Host Show?

No, the host does not earn any host rewards at a Mystery Host Show. Instead, all guests have the opportunity to earn half-price items based on the party's total sales.

When will the host's identity be revealed?

The host's identity will be revealed at the end of the party, once all purchases have been made. The host will then receive the host rewards for their party, which can be used to purchase products at a discounted price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies