• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding the US Stimulus Package: Impact on Next Year's Taxes Explained

In summary, the stimulus payment will not reduce your refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.
pampchefrhondab
Hey anyone know about this package yet? I know we will be getting a refund, but...... does this go against what we get back next year?

Example if you get $2,100 from the package and you only got $1,000 back this year, will you owe $1,100 next year? Is this just and advance like they did the last time? Of course I'm comparing this to the same income/expense.

my understanding is yes

if you get back $2100 and next year you would only get $1000 you DO NOT owe the $1100 but if you get back $2100 and would get $3000 you will only get $900.

From what I understand, it will only take away from refunds, not add to what you owe.

IRS Info Page on Stimulus PackageHere is the official IRS website that may help:

http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=177937,00.html

I thought this time around it was NOT an advance on your refund for the following year.

"What is it? It's an economic stimulus payment that more than 130 million households will receive starting in May.It's not taxable, and it won't reduce your 2007 or 2008 refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return."

From the IRS website under Basic Information on the Stimulus Payments

Will the payment I receive in 2008 reduce my 2008 refund or increase the amount I owe for 2008?

A. No, the stimulus payment will not reduce your refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.

The above was quoted out of the Q&A in the above link.

Thank you! I just figured if it reduces my refund next year I'll have to just put it in the bank. I had one child turn 17 this year so I don't get the child tax credit anymore for her. I don't need anything else increasing my taxes.:)!

BethCooks4U said:
The above was quoted out of the Q&A in the above link.

awesome-This must be an update because everything else i have ready said that yes it was against next year.

Related to Understanding the US Stimulus Package: Impact on Next Year's Taxes Explained

1. What is the USA Stimulus Package?

The USA Stimulus Package is a set of economic measures implemented by the United States government to provide financial relief to individuals, businesses, and the economy as a whole during times of economic downturn or crisis.

2. Who is eligible for the USA Stimulus Package?

The eligibility for the USA Stimulus Package varies depending on the specific measures and programs included. Generally, individuals and businesses who have been negatively impacted by the economic downturn or crisis are eligible for some form of assistance.

3. How do I apply for the USA Stimulus Package?

The application process for the USA Stimulus Package also varies depending on the specific measures and programs. Some may require individuals and businesses to fill out an application form, while others may automatically provide assistance based on certain criteria.

4. What types of assistance are included in the USA Stimulus Package?

The USA Stimulus Package may include a variety of measures such as direct payments to individuals and families, loans and grants for small businesses, tax breaks, and funding for essential services and industries.

5. When will the USA Stimulus Package be in effect?

The USA Stimulus Package goes into effect once it is approved by Congress and signed into law by the President. The timing of the implementation may vary depending on the specific measures and programs included.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Gilles
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jesusluvsu2005