• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Mexican Citizens: A Plea for Forgiveness

In summary, Nancy said that she is Hispanic and her whole family is, and she is bothered by people who come to the US and live without ever learning the language or paying taxes while receiving free public assistance. She also mentioned that there are many people of all races who take advantage of the system, and that the US is a great land of opportunities but that people are not using them.
Nanisu
Gold Member
Please understand that I was in NO WAY trying to say anything about Mexican citizens that was unkind. I was just trying to share that here in California we have SO MANY drains on our economy from "undocumented aliens" that this woman's 14 kids wouldn't even begin to make a dent. And I am so tired of seeing them get free health care, free breakfast AND lunches at public schools, welfare, etc.....while our state just is strangling from lack of money.... and my husband and I work hard to pay our bills and raise our children to take care of themselves....that when the argument came up about this women's 14 kids draining the system I just felt like I had to respond. But please understand that I am NOT in any way criticizing the Mexican people....

Time will tell if this woman's 14 kids need public assistance or not...but we certainly have tons of kids here now that need public assistance from parents who aren't even trying to pay their own way.

Please forgive me if I came across negatively about Mexican Citizens. I have many friends that are hispanic, and I do NOT have a negative feeling about that nationality.

Nancy...having grown up in Southern California and being a tax paying California resident, I agree. It is infuriating to watch anyone take advantage of a system designed to assist people in bettering their life. I have strong words for public assistance and those who live off it without even trying to better themselves.

"It is infuriating to watch anyone take advantage of a system designed to assist people in bettering their life. I have strong words for public assistance and those who live off it without even trying to better themselves."

That applies to anyone, regardless of race or nationality. I have 2 friends and former co-workers from different races who used public assistance to better their lives. They each have master's degrees, work full-time, and one is also a Pampered Chef consultant.

I hate to start a huge debate on immigration and illegal aliens, BUT I have to input my 2 cents.

I am Hispanic as is my whole family - we were all born here and are citizens. My step father is from Mexico, but got his citizenship. I am EXTREMELY bothered by people (no matter from where!) who come here and live without ever learning the langugage and ever paying taxes while receiving free public assistance.

I work in Farmers Branch which just went through a huge debate/controversey over a new law they have passed. They have declared that the city's official language is English. They were also trying to pass that you had to be a citizen in order to rent an apartment, but I don't think that ever went through. The city was in an rage!! The people were so mad saying that the city was discriminating. WTH!!! Where else can you go and live without EVER learning the language!! No where.

I'm done.

I am in So Cal too Nancy... I did not see your original post, but I "get it". This state is in dire straits. My husband owns part of a business and we pay SO much money in taxes only to be told... well the DMV is closed, you have to wait at the emergency room etc. There are so many people (regardless of color, race, creed or anything else) that take out of the system more than they put in. I have personal friends (well no longer friends) who have basically bilked the food banks and Medi Cal system because they keep choosing to have children even though they can not feed, clothe or house them properly. If more people were personally responsible in this country as a whole, we might not be in this whole economic situation.

I normally just lounge around this board and don't post much... however, i felt like I had to respond to this one. As an immigrant myself, I don't take offense to your post. My DH and I work and have 3 kids and do the best we can with what we have. There are definitely people of all race taking advantage of the system. The rest of us who work hard, if we have a difficult financial month (mortage, elec., gas, etc), the system would not be able to help you. Don't get me wrong either, I LOVE the USA. I believe that God travels the world during the day, but he always sleeps in the USA :). It's a great land of opportunities, which is not being used by a lot of people. The only thing that I feel is not great about US is that it's all or nothing. If you give up everything they will help you out...if you are a "normal" family just struggling here on there you are on your own. Just my 2 cents.

This is an issue here in MN as well. Minneapolis is one of 5 places in the US that people can come in Legally but there are Many here illegally as well. I am all for legal immigration. It is what made our country great but if my great grandparents had to learn new ways and a new language ASAP then why shouldn't those comming in now have to do the same?

Ok off my soapbox. I myst be PMS'ing cause everything seems to be hitting a nerve this week! LOL!

my3angels said:
I normally just lounge around this board and don't post much... however, i felt like I had to respond to this one. As an immigrant myself, I don't take offense to your post. My DH and I work and have 3 kids and do the best we can with what we have. There are definitely people of all race taking advantage of the system. The rest of us who work hard, if we have a difficult financial month (mortage, elec., gas, etc), the system would not be able to help you. Don't get me wrong either, I LOVE the USA. I believe that God travels the world during the day, but he always sleeps in the USA :). It's a great land of opportunities, which is not being used by a lot of people. The only thing that I feel is not great about US is that it's all or nothing. If you give up everything they will help you out...if you are a "normal" family just struggling here on there you are on your own. Just my 2 cents.

I think this is a problem that really needs to be fixed. Instead of paying people who use the system by having babies or just not trying to pull themselves up ("I'm entitled") I wish they would say that you have to prove that you are actively trying to find a job before you get help and the biggest change we need is that if you are a productive member of society and have a bad stretch, you should be able to get help without losing everything first. As we, and they, know though, we aren't going to let their babies starve...

The problem is that there are always people working the system and that there aren't jobs out there right now. The whole system needs to be reworked. I know WI had a welfare to work program when Tommy Thompson was govenor and it got a lot of people off the roles.

I totally agree--the hard working tax payers in CA now get IOU's instead of their state income tax returns because the state is out of money! Hmmm, I wonder why....I don't care what race you are (White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, etc.), if you come to live in the United States, come here LEGALLY, just like the first immigrants did. This infuriates me! IOU's, can you believe that? Maybe I should just tell my boss I can't work and give him an IOU!

Maybe everyone needs to start the change in our system.. talk to officials and the next round to be voted in. We do have a choice here.. we just need to be more vocal and let them know we aren't going to have it this way anymore. Did you vote to have it this way?? No.. so let's work on having it changed.. it is not fair.. it is not right.. and it does not help them (anyone on assistance) be anything else but dependent. The whole system MUST be revamped!!!!

I just want to say that if you come to the USA from anywhere else you need to learn to speak ENGLISH. My ancestor's (I'm not a Native American) had to learn to speak english when they came here in the 1800's and I don't think this should change.

Other than that I'm not getting involved.;)

susanr613 said:
"It is infuriating to watch anyone take advantage of a system designed to assist people in bettering their life. I have strong words for public assistance and those who live off it without even trying to better themselves."

That applies to anyone, regardless of race or nationality. I have 2 friends and former co-workers from different races who used public assistance to better their lives. They each have master's degrees, work full-time, and one is also a Pampered Chef consultant.

Oh I absolutely agree Susan.....anyone who takes advantage ir targeted in what I said. My SIL is one of the worst but that is a WHOLE other story. :)

totally agree with crystal. i am all for people keeping thier language of origin for home and ethnic community use, and learning English as quickly as possible to communicate in society.

my grandfather did it a century ago, and so can people today

BethCooks4U said:
I think this is a problem that really needs to be fixed. Instead of paying people who use the system by having babies or just not trying to pull themselves up ("I'm entitled") I wish they would say that you have to prove that you are actively trying to find a job before you get help and the biggest change we need is that if you are a productive member of society and have a bad stretch, you should be able to get help without losing everything first. As we, and they, know though, we aren't going to let their babies starve...

The problem is that there are always people working the system and that there aren't jobs out there right now. The whole system needs to be reworked. I know WI had a welfare to work program when Tommy Thompson was govenor and it got a lot of people off the roles.

I couldn't agree more with what you said! It is a slap in the face to those of us who work and make decent money and still have trouble making ends meet. When I left my childrens father I was on assistance becuase I was on maternity leave and was to be layed off.... long story short the controller at the company needed to have medical leave so I got called back part time and they revoked all my assistance. I didn't make enough money to put food on the table, pay rent, utilities, and the other BASIC necessities and got no help. I ended up working nights at a retail store to help make up for it until I was able to go full time again (Thank god that happened!) and it made me so angry all that came in the store with Coach purses, their nails done, name brand expensive clothes and then would pay for their purchases with food stamps or WIC. To me it is almost like they promote "quit your job and have nothing and get all the assistance you need!" Makes me so ANGRY! :mad:

"Maybe everyone needs to start the change in our system.. talk to officials and the next round to be voted in. We do have a choice here.. we just need to be more vocal and let them know we aren't going to have it this way anymore. Did you vote to have it this way?? No.. so let's work on having it changed.. it is not fair.. it is not right.. and it does not help them (anyone on assistance) be anything else but dependent. The whole system MUST be revamped!!!!"

Great answer...but having lived in California all my life (I'm 55), and as idealistic as this sounds, it's pretty much a "not fixable" situation here in California. We are, quite frankly, pretty much outnumbered and the people in power here in CA (and in my opinion, Washington DC) are much more concerned with vote getting and power that comes with that than what the state or country --it's pathetically hilarious to see how the ILLEGAL immigrants "boycott" work and stage protests to get their "rights" and if you have the gall to disagree with them you are a racist.... We had like 20,000 of them stage a demonstration here in LA about a year ago--I kept thinking--um....where was the INS during the demo? Why aren't we enforcing our laws? I don't get it.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify that I do NOT feel negatively about the hispanic culture--Ido a lot of hispanic shows, I have a lot of hispanic customers and a lot of hispanic friends (that are here legally and have worked hard to build a life here legally and feel the same way I do). It's just sad to see that our state is literally getting sucked dry and the government won't do anything about it.

There was a thing on the news the other night that if Mexico collapses economically it will be the fault of the United States because we didn't give them enough help--yet Mexico will be the first country to tell you it's # 1 import is $$$ that these people send home from working here. It's just stagerring to see what's happened here in California.

Immigration is a very emotional issue globally. I have a Dutch friend who complains about the Turkish and former Soviet bloc illegal immigrants. Thailand is investigating reports of the military and police turning away refugees from Myammar (Burma). This month's National Geographic has an article about North Korean immigrants and their very long, expensive, and dangerous journeys to democratic countries.

No matter how many walls and fences you build, desperate people will find a way to enter. Desperation can be religious, political, and economic.

I might be flamed for this, but maybe if we made it easier for people to have their citizenship processed, we could start taxing them sooner. Of course, that would totally mess up low-skill industries like agriculture....hmmmm....is there a connection???

ChefJWarren said:
I hate to start a huge debate on immigration and illegal aliens, BUT I have to input my 2 cents.

I am Hispanic as is my whole family - we were all born here and are citizens. My step father is from Mexico, but got his citizenship. I am EXTREMELY bothered by people (no matter from where!) who come here and live without ever learning the langugage and ever paying taxes while receiving free public assistance.

I work in Farmers Branch which just went through a huge debate/controversey over a new law they have passed. They have declared that the city's official language is English. They were also trying to pass that you had to be a citizen in order to rent an apartment, but I don't think that ever went through. The city was in an rage!! The people were so mad saying that the city was discriminating. WTH!!! Where else can you go and live without EVER learning the language!! No where.

I'm done.

totally off topic, but I lived in Valley Ranch, then to Flower Mound.My company had business in Farmer's Branch, that is wild about that law.

1. What is the purpose of "Understanding Mexican Citizens: A Plea for Forgiveness"?

The purpose of "Understanding Mexican Citizens: A Plea for Forgiveness" is to shed light on the struggles and injustices faced by Mexican citizens and to call for empathy and forgiveness towards them.

2. Who is the intended audience for this plea?

The intended audience for this plea is anyone who is willing to listen and understand the perspective of Mexican citizens, as well as those who have the power to make a positive change for their well-being.

3. How does this plea address the issue of immigration?

This plea addresses the issue of immigration by highlighting the reasons why many Mexicans feel the need to leave their country and seek better opportunities elsewhere. It also appeals for compassion towards those who risk their lives to cross borders in search of a better life.

4. Does this plea offer any solutions to the problems faced by Mexican citizens?

While this plea does not offer specific solutions, it serves as a call to action for individuals and governments to work towards creating a more equitable and just society for Mexican citizens.

5. How can I support this plea and show my understanding and forgiveness towards Mexican citizens?

You can support this plea by educating yourself on the issues faced by Mexican citizens, advocating for their rights, and treating them with empathy and respect. You can also support organizations and initiatives that work towards improving the lives of Mexican citizens.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hannahkatsmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Careyann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Mattheous
Replies