• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Umbrella Incentive: New Apron and Umbrella Unboxing Experience

In summary, Ann received her new apron and umbrella, but the umbrella does not latch in the up position and the logo on the apron is sewn on crooked.
baychef
Silver Member
Just received my BEAUTIFUL new apron and can not wait to wear it tomorrow! I also received my umbrella and wanted to ask a question before I called HO.

When I extend it up it will not stay up. There seems like there is nothing to latch the umbrella when it is in the up position. Hoping that it is just operator error...can anyone :help:?

Thanks

Umbrellas aren't that hard to work, Ann -- I am sure it's missing a piece! How many times have you tried it? I would have been doing it over and over and over -- what is the definition of insanity????? ;-)

baychef said:
Just received my BEAUTIFUL new apron and can not wait to wear it tomorrow! I also received my umbrella and wanted to ask a question before I called HO.

When I extend it up it will not stay up. There seems like there is nothing to latch the umbrella when it is in the up position. Hoping that it is just operator error...can anyone :help:?

Thanks

I didn't have any problem with mine, so maybe its yours.... ;)

Umbrellas are a simple thing, I understand, but just wondering if someone else had one so they could tell me yes...mine does not have the little lock thing or no. I have not had an umbrella for several years and sometimes they change the design a bit.

I'm still waiting on mine. Did you guys have to sign for yours? I missed a delivery from Pampered Chef yesterday so now I have to wait until Monday! (working a booth today & couldn't to go the post office)Janice, I just had to explain why I was laughing so hard to another vendor! LOL Thanks for the laugh girl!!!

jwpamp said:
How many times have you tried it? I would have been doing it over and over and over -- what is the definition of insanity????? ;-)

I think I stop just a hair short of insanity...because I thought is was stupidity on my part!!! I think I tried it 3 times...maybe because it was indoors and that is supposed to be bad luck!

Sheila, I did not have to sign for mine. I think it was delivered Fed Ex but not sure. My BF set it indoors when I was asleep.

It came smart post, so USPS. I haven't opened mine yet because we just now got home and I won't open it indoors. lol It is raining out though so I could give it a real trial. ...naw, I'll just wait until tomorrow.Ann, I think you need to call on Monday and get a replacement.

Did the umbrella come with the apron?

Yes. In the same box.

baychef said:
I think I stop just a hair short of insanity...because I thought is was stupidity on my part!!! I think I tried it 3 times...maybe because it was indoors and that is supposed to be bad luck!

Oh Ann, that's neither insanity OR stupidity -- I would have tried it AT LEAST 12 times before I figured out something may not be right.... ;)

jwpamp said:
Oh Ann, that's neither insanity OR stupidity -- I would have tried it AT LEAST 12 times before I figured out something may not be right.... ;)

I tried it again this morning:blushing:just to make sure it wasn't a blonde or a senior moment!!;)

Mine arrived today. Doesn't work:( So glad I'd read these posts prior or I would have been spending the entire afternoon trying to figure the darn thing out! Guess I'll be calling to have it replaced.

The mailman didn't leave my box on Fri, so I had to go to the post office to pick it up & just did that today. The umbrella doesn't latch at the top, it's spring loaded, so when you push the button on the hanle, it pops up into the open position. You have to pull it closed & click it into the locked position when you are done. The logo on the apron is sewed on crooked. THAT will drive me bonkers! I'm such a perfectionist on things like that.

Sheila said:
The umbrella doesn't latch at the top, it's spring loaded, so when you push the button on the hanle, it pops up into the open position. You have to pull it closed & click it into the locked position when you are done.
The logo on the apron is sewed on crooked. THAT will drive me bonkers! I'm such a perfectionist on things like that.

I put the umbrella on my desk so I would remember to call HO. Before I read this I was looking at it and saw the button on the handle...as soon as I saw it I felt this wave of stupidity wash over me!!! Sure enough, I picked it up, pushed the button and viola! I was just coming on here to share my big "discovery" LOL!!!
well-duh-smiley.gif

Luckily, the Pampered Chef logo is ok on my apron but would not have noticed unless you had said something Sheila. That looks like it is sewn on with tiny stitches. Are you thinking of returning it?

So my only "explanation" about the umbrella is I am used the the old fashion way of putting up an umbrella. Not the modern and much nicer way that they make them.

Glad you figured it out girl! (And just realized I mis-spelled "handle" ~ LOL)No, I'll just deal with it. I'm picky, but not much into complaining about small stuff like that. I'll just suck it up & walk it off. ;)

My umbrella came with a slip of paper with directions on how to open and shut it. Maybe that wasn't so for everyone? It was a pinkish/salmonish colored slip.

If there's an instruction sheet in my box, I didn't even notice it in there with the packing paper.

I didn't notice one but then again...I couldn't figure out the basics of an umbrella!! LOL!

You're funny Ann! :D

The box was still sitting on my counter, so I checked ... no instruction sheet for the umbrella. Just the blue slip congratulating me on earning the incentive.

LOL funny you should mention this...I happened to see my blue sheet today and saw no directions and don't recall a pink sheet.

Mine came today...with instructions! lol

pamperedlinda said:
Mine came today...with instructions! lol

Instructions may not have helped me anyway, Linda! LOL!! Enjoy!! I love the new apron. And if I do have to use the umbrella, I am confident that I now could actually open it!!!

baychef said:
Instructions may not have helped me anyway, Linda! LOL!! Enjoy!! I love the new apron. And if I do have to use the umbrella, I am confident that I now could actually open it!!!

LOL! I figured out how to open it but didn't realize until I read the instructions that I was also supposed to click it to close ... sigh... .my DH's penchant for not reading directions seems to have rubbed off on me.

Luckily I had other umbrellas with that kind of mechanism. I didn't get instructions either. It's all what we know...

quiverfull7 said:
LOL! I figured out how to open it but didn't realize until I read the instructions that I was also supposed to click it to close ... sigh... .my DH's penchant for not reading directions seems to have rubbed off on me.

OOOOOHHHHH -- it's a DOUBLE CLICKER??? How nice!

baychef said:
LOL funny you should mention this...I happened to see my blue sheet today and saw no directions and don't recall a pink sheet.

my instructions were printed on white paper

1. What is the Umbrella Incentive?

The Umbrella Incentive is a promotional program offered by Pampered Chef to reward consultants for meeting certain sales goals.

2. How do I qualify for the Umbrella Incentive?

To qualify for the Umbrella Incentive, you must be a current Pampered Chef consultant and meet the designated sales requirements within a specific time period.

3. What are the benefits of participating in the Umbrella Incentive?

By participating in the Umbrella Incentive, you can earn exclusive Pampered Chef merchandise, gift cards, and even a trip to our annual conference. It's a great way to be rewarded for your hard work and dedication.

4. Can I track my progress towards the Umbrella Incentive?

Yes, you can track your progress towards the Umbrella Incentive through your consultant dashboard on our website. It will show you how close you are to meeting the sales requirements and what rewards you have earned.

5. How often is the Umbrella Incentive offered?

The Umbrella Incentive is offered multiple times throughout the year, typically coinciding with our busiest sales seasons. Keep an eye out for announcements and details on how to participate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • its_me_susan