• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ultimate Mandoline - Not My Friend

In summary, the new mandolin is difficult for the expert summarizer to use. She recommends practicing and reading the instructions.
pamperedtiffani
I am feeling very inadequate around the new mandolin. I have yet to accomplish one successful slice. It really shouldn't be that hard! Am I really that challenged or is anyone else having this difficulty. Please help - I have no idea how I am going to demo this!

:eek:

I just tried mine and I love it. Way better than the old one. Just keep practicing. What have you tried in it?

I agree Tiffani! I used the crinkle cutter blade with a cucumber and it just did not work that well with it. I will try it again because practice makes perfect!;)

Be sure to read the U&C! I didn't at first and had a tough time. I'm much better now after reading through it.

I had trouble with it the first time too. Then I read the instructions and found out that I had the food holder threaded wrong.....works like a champ once you do it right! I like this one much better than the US&G.

I'm so glad to hear that you all love it in the end. I did read the U&C but I am still not being successful. How do you thread the food holder correctly? I can't seem to get the blade to open at all. And to answer Cheryl - I have tried Onions, potatoes and apple.
Again - help! :confused:

So is it not slicing at all? It seems that you can only put the food holder on one way. So maybe your is defective. Did you watch the DVD that was sent with the change over kit? There is a demo of it on there. When you slide the food holder on it will make a clicking sound of the attachment blade going up and down when you slide it. Does that make sence? Watch the DVD it helps.

Maybe mine is defective because I am not getting that clicking at all and the blade never opens. I will watch the dvd and then contact the home office if I have been doing it right. Thank you so much - I was starting to feel really dumb :(

Thanks again!

Let us know how it goes.

The DVD doesn't come in the CO kit, does it? I thought it came with our first supply order?!!? If it came in the CO kit, I didn't get it...:( I got the audio CD, but that doesn't do me any good on how to operate the mandolin.

I was just going through my stuff and noticed that I only have an audio CD. Hopefully a DVD comes with the fall paperwork.

OH we get it in Canada with the CO kit. That sucks, they should send it with your CO kit too.

There are TWO different ways to thread the holder on for the mandoline. One is the way to "hook" it on for storage, and it's higher up and will not make the blades pop up. The lower one slides into a groove on the holder... look at the underside, you'll see it. If you're sliding it just on top, it won't go in the grooves. You have to make sure it slides into the grooves and doesn't just lift off.

pamperedtiffani said:
Hopefully a DVD comes with the fall paperwork.

If not, let me know. I have 3! I did a late S/S supply order, my supply booster, and my F/W supply order, and I got one with each box! I really don't need 3 copies, so I'm very willing to share.

the dvd WILL come in your very first supply order for the fall season!

Well, it should! In the spring they didn't send mine in my first paperwork order. I called for an adjustment and they sent out the wrong one - a duplicate of one that I ordered (and paid for) that also had spring in the title. Finally I convinced them that I didn't have one and they sent it out!

jenwallace said:
If not, let me know. I have 3! I did a late S/S supply order, my supply booster, and my F/W supply order, and I got one with each box! I really don't need 3 copies, so I'm very willing to share.
I'd love to have one what would you like in trade or otherwise?

Thanks for considering;

Liz

Related to Ultimate Mandoline - Not My Friend

1. How do I use the Ultimate Mandoline?

The Ultimate Mandoline is designed for easy use. Simply adjust the thickness setting to your desired thickness, secure the food holder, and slide the food back and forth over the blade to create evenly sliced or julienned fruits and vegetables.

2. Is the Ultimate Mandoline safe to use?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline is equipped with a safety food holder and non-slip feet to ensure safe and stable operation. However, it is important to always use caution and follow the instructions in the user manual to prevent accidents.

3. Can the Ultimate Mandoline be used for all types of produce?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline can be used for a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, including but not limited to cucumbers, bell peppers, potatoes, and apples. However, it is not recommended for use with soft or delicate produce such as tomatoes or kiwis.

4. How do I clean the Ultimate Mandoline?

The Ultimate Mandoline is top-rack dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. Be sure to use caution when handling the sharp blades and always dry thoroughly before storing.

5. Is the Ultimate Mandoline durable?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline is made with high-quality materials to ensure long-lasting durability. However, it is important to handle the product with care and avoid dropping or mishandling to prevent damage to the blades or other parts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • cwinter474
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76