• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uk Kc Needs Chicken Primavera Risotto Recipe

In summary, this recipe is for a Chicken, Broccoli and Basil Pasta Pie. You will need: -Uncooked spaghetti -Butter -Eggs -Garlic -Chicken -Basil -Mozzarella cheese -Parmesan cheese -Lemon -Pasta sauce -Broccoli florets -Carrots -Zucchini -Tomatoes -Parmesan cheese, for topping
Belinda Wood
Gold Member
Hello. I'm Belinda, a KC from England and would so appreciate having the Chicken Primavera Risotto recipe which I believe is part of your US Italian theme show at the moment? In England we have a similar theme but our main course is something called Chicken, Broccoli and Basil Pasta Pie, which is nice, but I like the sound of your risotto more! Thank you so very much in advance!

Quick Chicken Primavera RisottoHere you go... :)

The Pampered Chef ®
Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto
Recipe

2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
Salt and ground black pepper
Pantry Basil Oil or olive oil
1 lemon, cut in half crosswise
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, pressed
2 packages (8.8 ounces each) buttery or roasted chicken flavor pre-cooked rice
1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
1 medium zucchini
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
2-2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Asiago cheese
1/4 cup snipped fresh basil leaves
2 ounces mascarpone cheese or cream cheese (optional)
Asiago Crisps (optional)

Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness using flat side of Meat Tenderizer. Season both sides with salt and black pepper. Heat (12-in.) Skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes; lightly spray with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Arrange chicken and lemon halves, cut sides down, in skillet; cook 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning chicken once (do not turn lemon halves). Remove chicken and lemon from skillet. Cool slightly; slice chicken into 1/2-inch pieces using Chef's Knife and set aside.

Chop onion using Food Chopper. Lightly spray same skillet with oil. Cook onion and garlic pressed with Garlic Press over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until onion is tender.

Add rice and juice from caramelized lemon halves using Citrus Press. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until lemon juice is completely absorbed into rice. Cut carrot into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Slice zucchini using Crinkle Cutter. Seed tomatoes; dice using Utility Knife. Add vegetables and 2 cups of the broth to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 4-5 minutes or until broth thickens slightly. Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.

Remove risotto from heat. Add Asiago cheese and basil; stir until cheese melts and sauce thickens (adjust sauce consistency with additional broth, if necessary). Stir in mascarpone cheese, if desired. Serve with Asiago Crisps, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Light: Calories 260, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 19 g, Sodium 790 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 3 cups hot cooked converted rice prepared in the Rice Cooker Plus can be substituted for the pre-cooked rice. For best flavor, prepare rice with chicken broth instead of water.

Mascarpone cheese is a rich Italian-style cream cheese that has a slightly sweet flavor. It can be found in ethnic grocery stores and large grocery stores.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Thank you Jessica!Thank you so very much Jessica! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for all your trouble. ****Belinda**** :)

No ProblemYou are welcome! :D

Delicious!Italian is one of my favorite cuisines, so I was very happy when I found out what the theme was this season! I've made the Risotto, and it's awesome! There's a bit of prep work to do before the show, but the results are worth it. Good luck!

Chicken Broccoli and basil Pasta pieBelinda,
I would like to try that recipe, Do you think you can post it for us?

"In England we have a similar theme but our main course is something called Chicken, Broccoli and Basil Pasta Pie"

Chicken, Broccoli & Basil Pasta Pie
chefmerry said:
Belinda,
I would like to try that recipe, Do you think you can post it for us?

No problem. Here goes...

Chicken, Broccoli and Basil Pasta Pie
c/o The Pampered Chef

55 g (2 oz) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
225 g (8 oz) uncooked spaghetti
40 g (1½ oz) butter or margarine
3 eggs, lightly beaten
115 g (4 oz) small broccoli florets
140 g (5 oz) cooked skinless boneless chicken, chopped
15 g (½ oz) fresh basil,thinly sliced
175 g (6 oz) grated mozzarella cheese
1 packet (80 g) Boursin cheese
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 lemon
1 jar (350 g) pasta sauce, divided
Additional grated fresh Parmesan cheese, for topping

1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Spray Deep Dish Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer; set aside. Grate Parmesan cheese using Microplane® Adjustable Grater. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Place spaghetti in (6 litre) Stainless Mixing Bowl; add butter. Toss pasta using Chef’s Tongs to coat. Add beaten eggs and then cheese to mixing bowl; toss to coat. Spread pasta mixture evenly in baker; forming a 2.5 cm (1”) rim around edge. Bake 10-12 minutes.

2. Place broccoli florets and 4 tablespoons water in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave,covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes. Drain using lid; set aside. Chop cooked chicken using Food Chopper. Thinly slice basil using Chef’s Knife. In (4 litre) Stainless Mixing Bowl, place chicken, basil, grated mozzarella, Boursin cheese and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Finely grate zest from half of lemon into bowl using adjustable grater. Cut lemon in half; press one half directly into bowl using Citrus Press. Add broccoli florets; mix well using Small Mix ’N Scraper®.

3. Remove baker from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; spread chicken mixture into pasta shell. Measure 250 ml (9 fl oz) pasta sauce using Easy Read Measuring Cup; spread over chicken mixture. Return to oven; bake 15-18 minutes.

4. Remove from oven; top with remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with additional grated fresh Parmesan cheese. Allow to rest 8-10 minutes. Serve using Slice ’N Serve®.

Serves 8

Nutrition information per serving:
308 kcal; 1287 kJ; 17g Protein;16g Carbohydrate; 20g Fat; 0.6g Sodium
©The Pampered Chef—UK, Ltd., 2006

Thanks for the recipe and especially for doing the conversions!!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the UK KC Needs Chicken Primavera Risotto Recipe?

To make this dish, you will need 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 cup of Arborio rice, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 cup of chopped vegetables (such as bell peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini), 1/2 cup of white wine, 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of dried basil, and salt and pepper to taste.

2. Can I use a different type of rice for this recipe?

While Arborio rice is traditionally used for risotto, you can substitute it with other short-grain rice varieties such as Carnaroli or Vialone Nano. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and liquid measurements accordingly.

3. How do I cook the chicken for this recipe?

The chicken can be cooked on the stovetop in a skillet, grilled, or baked in the oven. Whichever method you choose, make sure the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit) before adding it to the risotto.

4. Can I make this dish vegetarian?

Yes, you can omit the chicken and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth to make this dish vegetarian. You can also add extra vegetables or tofu for protein.

5. How long does it take to make this recipe?

The total cooking time for this recipe is approximately 30 minutes. It takes about 10 minutes to prep the ingredients and 20 minutes to cook the risotto. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on your stove and the type of rice used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stampaholic1961
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • burd2swan
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies