1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: UK KC needs Chicken Primavera Risotto recipe

1. Belinda Wood

Belinda Wood Novice Member Gold Member

Hello. I'm Belinda, a KC from England and would so appreciate having the Chicken Primavera Risotto recipe which I believe is part of your US Italian theme show at the moment? In England we have a similar theme but our main course is something called Chicken, Broccoli and Basil Pasta Pie, which is nice, but I like the sound of your risotto more! Thank you so very much in advance!

Feb 8, 2006
  2. chefmama

chefmama Guest

Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto

Here you go... :)

The Pampered Chef ®
    Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto
    Recipe

2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
    Salt and ground black pepper
    Pantry Basil Oil or olive oil
    1 lemon, cut in half crosswise
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 large garlic clove, pressed
    2 packages (8.8 ounces each) buttery or roasted chicken flavor pre-cooked rice
    1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
    1 medium zucchini
    2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
    2-2 1/2 cups chicken broth
    1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Asiago cheese
    1/4 cup snipped fresh basil leaves
    2 ounces mascarpone cheese or cream cheese (optional)
    Asiago Crisps (optional)

Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness using flat side of Meat Tenderizer. Season both sides with salt and black pepper. Heat (12-in.) Skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes; lightly spray with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Arrange chicken and lemon halves, cut sides down, in skillet; cook 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning chicken once (do not turn lemon halves). Remove chicken and lemon from skillet. Cool slightly; slice chicken into 1/2-inch pieces using Chef's Knife and set aside.

Chop onion using Food Chopper. Lightly spray same skillet with oil. Cook onion and garlic pressed with Garlic Press over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until onion is tender.

Add rice and juice from caramelized lemon halves using Citrus Press. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until lemon juice is completely absorbed into rice. Cut carrot into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Slice zucchini using Crinkle Cutter. Seed tomatoes; dice using Utility Knife. Add vegetables and 2 cups of the broth to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 4-5 minutes or until broth thickens slightly. Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.

Remove risotto from heat. Add Asiago cheese and basil; stir until cheese melts and sauce thickens (adjust sauce consistency with additional broth, if necessary). Stir in mascarpone cheese, if desired. Serve with Asiago Crisps, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Light: Calories 260, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 19 g, Sodium 790 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 3 cups hot cooked converted rice prepared in the Rice Cooker Plus can be substituted for the pre-cooked rice. For best flavor, prepare rice with chicken broth instead of water.

Mascarpone cheese is a rich Italian-style cream cheese that has a slightly sweet flavor. It can be found in ethnic grocery stores and large grocery stores.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Feb 8, 2006
  3. Belinda Wood

Thank you Jessica!

Thank you so very much Jessica! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for all your trouble. ****Belinda**** :)

Feb 9, 2006
  4. chefmama

chefmama Guest

No Problem

You are welcome! :D

Feb 9, 2006
  5. Delicious!

Italian is one of my favorite cuisines, so I was very happy when I found out what the theme was this season! I've made the Risotto, and it's awesome! There's a bit of prep work to do before the show, but the results are worth it. Good luck!

Feb 9, 2006
  6. Chicken Broccoli and basil Pasta pie

Belinda,
    I would like to try that recipe, Do you think you can post it for us?

"In England we have a similar theme but our main course is something called Chicken, Broccoli and Basil Pasta Pie"

Feb 12, 2006
  7. Belinda Wood

Chicken, Broccoli & Basil Pasta Pie

Feb 13, 2006
  8. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Thanks for the recipe and especially for doing the conversions!!

Feb 13, 2006
Have something to add?