• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turtle Fudge Cake Recipe for Deep Covered Baker | Quick & Easy Conversion

In summary, a recipe for Turtle Fudge Chocolate Cake was shared, made in the Deep Covered Baker. It involves mixing cake ingredients and baking in the microwave, then adding frosting, chocolate and caramel toppings, and Rolo candies. Some people suggest using only half the can of frosting and letting it sit before topping. Others recommend serving with vanilla ice cream.
heather223
Gold Member
Hi! I need some help. I thought I saw where someone had converted the Turtle Fudge cake for the Deep Covered Baker. Does anyone have this? THANKS! :chef:

Here you go...

TURTLE FUDGE CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 box devil’s food cake mix plus ingredients to make cake
1 tub of chocolate frosting
1 small jar of caramel ice cream topping
1 cup of pecans (toasted)
1.5 cup of chocolate chips
2 rolls of Rolo candies

In Deep Covered Baker mix eggs, oil and water (according to cake box). Add cake mix and mix well. Stir in ½ cup of chocolate chips and ½ cup of toasted pecans (toast them in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between for a total of 2 minutes.)

Dollop entire can of frosting on top of cake batter. Do not mix in. Put lid on baker and microwave for 13-15 minutes. Test for doneness by using a large spatula to lift the cake away from the sides of the baker on all four sides, one side at a time.

When cake is done, pour 1 cup of caramel ice cream topping and 1 cup of chocolate chips in microwave save dish, microwave for 1 minute. Stir mixture together until melted and combined completely. Unwrap Rolos and push into the cooked cake at even intervals. Pour chocolate/caramel mixture over top of cake. Drizzle with more caramel sauce and sprinkle remaining pecans on top. Serve warm.

This sounds sooo decadent!! I cannot wait to try it out! Thanks, Denise703! =)

Thank you!! :)

You are very welcome! I will be trying this out myself... it sound wonderfully decadent.. which is what one of my hosts wants for her party! :) Enjoy!

do you leave it in the DCB to serve, or do you flip it out onto a platter? It sounds so yummy and I'm dying to try it.

I just made this. There's no way that I could turn this out onto a plate. It was tremendously soupy, even though the cake seemed to be done. I'm not sure if I should have cooked it longer or not... I'm thinking of trying it again, but this time, I would not use a whole can of frosting. HAS ANYONE MADE THIS AND HOW DID IT TURN OUT ?? :)

I'm supposed to be making this at a party tomorrow... one that has 25 confirmed guests! YIKES... hehehe. this will be my biggest party ... Any suggestions before I ditch this recipe and dissapoint my host??

Denise, you are right, only use half the can of frosting. I also ditch the rolos... it is just too much. Also... let it sit for a good 5-7 minutes when it gets out of the micro before you top it with the caramel chocolate etc. Have a great party.

ooooohhhh, but the rolos make it SO good! My AD created this recipe, and I love it when she makes it...so good. My recommendation is to have some vanilla icecream on hand...cuts the richness of the dessert some!

Thanks for the quick responses... I'm guessing that the sitting time is with the top on? If I only use half of the frosting, does it turn out more cake like? Mine was soup with some cake in it... lol

Now I'm second guessing myself and may change to the Pineapple Upside down cake... Oh.. the choices! lol :)

I have always cooked my lava cakes with the lid off. Is this one best with the lid on? I am going to do it today for a show, yay!!

1. What is the recipe for Turtle Fudge Cake for Dcb?

The recipe for Turtle Fudge Cake for Dcb can be found in the Pampered Chef Deluxe Chocolate Biscuit Cookbook. It requires ingredients such as chocolate cake mix, caramel sauce, pecans, and chocolate chips.

2. Can I use a different brand of chocolate cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any brand of chocolate cake mix for this recipe. However, we recommend using a high-quality brand for the best results.

3. How long does it take to make Turtle Fudge Cake for Dcb?

The total preparation and cooking time for this recipe is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. This includes baking time and cooling time for the cake.

4. Can I make this recipe in advance?

Yes, you can make this recipe in advance. However, we recommend storing the cake and toppings separately until ready to serve. This will prevent the toppings from becoming soggy.

5. Can I substitute the pecans for a different type of nut?

Yes, you can substitute the pecans for a different type of nut, such as walnuts or almonds. However, the flavor and texture of the cake may be slightly different.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
  • Suzy Englert
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LisaAnn
Replies