• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Try the Delicious Recipe for Margherita Pita Pizzas | Easy and Flavorful

In summary, the recipe for Margherita Pita Pizzas from The Pampered Chef's It's Good for You Cookbook includes whole wheat pitas, marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, roma tomatoes, fresh basil, and seasonings. It takes 15 minutes to prepare and 10-12 minutes to bake, and yields 8 servings. The pitas are topped with sauce, cheese, tomatoes, and basil, and baked until crispy. This recipe is highly recommended and the cook would love to hear your feedback on it.
chefannie1015
Does anyone have the recipe for the Margherita Pita Pizzas?

Thanks.

Margherita Pita Pizzas
{pg 13 The Pampered Chef’s It’s Good for You Cookbook}
INGREDIENTS:
2 teaspoon pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 flat pita bread rounds (without pockets)
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 cup (4 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tablesppons snipped fresh basil leaves​

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. In Small Batter Bowl, combine oil, seasoning mix, vinegar and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well. Place pita rounds on Rectangle Stone. Brush one side of each pita round with oil mixture using Pastry Brush.
2. Using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade, slice tomatoes. Top pita rounds evenly with tomatoes and cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with basil. Cut Pizzas into quarters using Pizza Cutter; serve warm.

YIELD: 8 servings.

PREP TIME: 15 minutes

BAKE TIME: 10-12 minutes

I have never tried it but I have the cookbook so here you go, sorry took me bit to type it up for you. Report back how you like???

Attachments

• Margherita Pita Pizzas.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 285
Hi there! I actually do have a recipe for Margherita Pita Pizzas that I've used before and really enjoyed. Here it is:Ingredients:
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the pitas on a baking sheet and spread marinara sauce evenly on each one.
3. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce.
4. Place tomato slices on top of the cheese.
5. Sprinkle fresh basil leaves on top of the tomatoes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the pitas are crispy.
8. Serve hot and enjoy your delicious Margherita Pita Pizzas!I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as I do! Let me know how it turns out for you. Happy cooking!

Related to Try the Delicious Recipe for Margherita Pita Pizzas | Easy and Flavorful

1. What ingredients do I need to make Margherita Pita Pizzas?

To make Margherita Pita Pizzas, you will need the following ingredients:

• Whole wheat pita bread
  • Olive oil
  • Garlic cloves
  • Crushed tomatoes
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Fresh basil leaves
  • Salt and pepper

2. How long does it take to make Margherita Pita Pizzas?

This recipe only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to bake, for a total of 25 minutes.

3. Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer for this recipe. However, mozzarella cheese is the traditional cheese used in Margherita pizzas and it pairs well with the other ingredients in this recipe.

4. Can I make this recipe vegan?

Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by using dairy-free cheese and omitting the garlic. You can also add some vegan protein such as tofu or tempeh for a more filling pizza.

5. Can I freeze the Margherita Pita Pizzas?

Yes, you can freeze the Margherita Pita Pizzas before baking them. Just wrap them individually in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe bag. When ready to eat, simply thaw and bake according to the recipe instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Buttercup72
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Buttercup72
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AnnieBee