• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting P3 Update Issue: Annoying Red Box on CC - Community Discussion

In summary, the red box that says you have updates for P3 that need to be downloaded keeps appearing even though you have done the updates and it bothers you. The red box also comes back after you have closed it. Tech Support can help you fix the problem.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Since yesterday afternoon, I have had that annoying red box in the middle of my screen when I am on CC - stating that I have updates for P3 that need to be downloaded. But when I open P3, nothing downloads. Is anyone else having this happen?
I just want the annoying red box to go away.:grumpy:

In P3, go to HELP and then CHECK FOR UPDATES and it will go away.

I know this is an older thread, but has the same issue that is happening to me so far. I had to re-foramt my machine so I moved all my P3 to DW machine and clean up mine. no problem with that, but once I got everything going on my machine I could not update, just kept freezing, then it would say no file to update...which I know there is. I am using WinXP with the regular firewall. everything works fine on DW's machine though...anybody?

I thought Canada was still on PP, not P3. Although I may be wrong about that...Sounds like an issue for Tech Support.

I have Vista - so I thought that was the problem. Mine is so strange - going to CHECK FOR UPDATES doesn't do anything - it just says there aren't any updates. Usually for me this is after I have just done updates, and I can't get the red box to go away. I have to completely shut down my computer and reboot in order for it to go away. Just logging off from the PC website and P3 doesn't do it. Clearing cookies doesn't do it either.

There's a "close" link and an "X" to close the red box.

chefann said:
There's a "close" link and an "X" to close the red box.

Yes, but it comes right back. For instance, I close it, and then I go to another page of CC, and when I come back to the main page, it's there again. And this is after I have done the updates, and P3 tells me there aren't any new updates to do.

I usually have to close that little red box @ 3 times before it will stay closed. Then if I leave or time-out of CC I have to do this process all over again. All I can say is that there must be a large number of consultants who don't do updates if HO has to go to these extremes to force the updates. It is a pain for those of us who are diligent about doing them. What I can't stand is when I open P3 and all seems good, then as I'm in the middle of something the auto update starts....grrrr! Glad they finally added the restart later option though. Sure wish they'd allow an 'update later' option too, always seems to happen when I have a customer on the ophone and am trying to add an order or give a balance.

Sorry it is Pampered Partner I am using, but the problem is the same. ok another dumb question why are the US and Canada using 2 different platforms?..

I don't know why P3 hasn't been rolled out in Canada yet. Spanish-speaking consultants in the US are still using PP, too, although there is a Spanish receipt option in P3.Anyhoo-- back to your question. I'm not sure why PP's not updating for you. Did it install to the usual place? Maybe the updater isn't finding the program file.

Call PC tech support. They will help you through whatever the problem is or have you send your data base and find the problem.

I took a long time to switch to P3 because of all the updates and problems. I like the extra features it has but those constant updates and bugs are very annoying. I wish they would test more before sending it to us and I wish they would limit the updates to no more than every other week. This is rediculous.

Related to Troubleshooting P3 Update Issue: Annoying Red Box on CC - Community Discussion

What is the "Annoying Red Box" in P3?

The "Annoying Red Box" in P3 is a feature that reminds users to complete certain tasks before moving on to the next step in the recipe. It is designed to help users stay organized and follow the recipe accurately.

How do I get rid of the "Annoying Red Box" in P3?

To dismiss the "Annoying Red Box" in P3, simply click on the "X" button in the top right corner of the box. This will remove the reminder and allow you to continue with the recipe.

Can I customize the "Annoying Red Box" in P3?

Yes, you can customize the "Annoying Red Box" in P3 to fit your preferences. You can choose which tasks you want the box to remind you about and adjust the timing of the reminders. You can also change the color of the box to better suit your needs.

Why does the "Annoying Red Box" keep appearing in P3?

The "Annoying Red Box" will continue to appear in P3 until you complete the tasks it is reminding you about. Once you have completed the tasks, the box will disappear. If you have dismissed the box and the tasks are still incomplete, the box will reappear to remind you again.

How does the "Annoying Red Box" benefit me in P3?

The "Annoying Red Box" in P3 is designed to help you stay organized and on track while following a recipe. It serves as a helpful reminder for important steps and tasks that may be easily forgotten. By using the "Annoying Red Box", you can ensure that you are following the recipe accurately and producing delicious results every time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AbbyCookn4U
  • pctharper
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • chefann