• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did the Alert Box Color Change on CC? Potential Update for P3 - Yellow Now?

...or other place that has wireless access near you? If you have a laptop you could take it there. If not, I agree it's a pain!
chefann
Gold Member
Maybe it's just me, but I noticed that the alert box on CC has changed color. You know the one, the thing that pops up when there are updates to P3 and you log into CC. Mine's yellow now.

I'm just curious - did it change for everyone, or is it because I switched to the Mac version of P3?

Mine was yellow this morning too!

Mine was yellow also. I was wondering if it was because I had the new Mac version or something, but that's probably not right. I'd imagine it would be the same for everyone, right?

It could be different for the different versions. Brandi, are you using the Mac or Windows version?

Mine is yellow but I'm also on the Mac version.

Mine is yellow too and I use windows. It also said "click here" to do the update so it looks like they changed it so we don't have to open P3 to update.

Thanks, Beth. I guess that it doesn't really matter, in the grand scheme of things. I was just curious.

mine too is yellow. i use windows. i am not home at the moment so i could do the update. will go home for lunch and try it out.

Yep, I am getting yellow also. It really stands out, might have to wear sunglasses when I log into to CC. :) Or it is just to early in the morning for my eye's to appreciate the boldness.

Mine was also yellow (windows), but the update failed... Oh well, I'll try again later!

I have 2 computers to update, so if one fails, I'll try the other later.

I have windows and mine was yellow too.

Mine's yellow, I did the update last night and the box is still there.

Mine was yellow last night too so I did the update and yet I didn't see any change in PP3

Maybe they are just making it brighter so you can notice it more. I thought it automatically updated every time you open it? Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?

wadesgirl said:
Maybe they are just making it brighter so you can notice it more. I thought it automatically updated every time you open it? Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?

No that's all you have to do. I think it's totally annoying that they have that up there at CC - can't they just but a banner on the site saying "If you use a laptop or if you use dial up, be sure to update your P3 before leaving for your shows so you have the latest info". They do way too many updates in my opinion and every time you log into P3 it updates (it seems). I'd also like to see a choice on P3 to say "in a minute" - sometimes I'm just logging on to get a phone number for petes sake.

BethCooks4U said:
No that's all you have to do. I think it's totally annoying that they have that up there at CC - can't they just but a banner on the site saying "If you use a laptop or if you use dial up, be sure to update your P3 before leaving for your shows so you have the latest info". They do way too many updates in my opinion and every time you log into P3 it updates (it seems). I'd also like to see a choice on P3 to say "in a minute" - sometimes I'm just logging on to get a phone number for petes sake.

Okay, I get it now! Guess I'm just always hooked up at home so I don't have to worry about it. I agree, I like the "in a minute" idea. Last night our internet was out and it took forever to get on P3 because it was searching for the internet.

WARNING!!! Rant ahead...

Ok... WTH!!! I did the update the other day because of the stupid error. Took me over 5 hours!!!

Now today it is saying I am not up to date and I click on the update and it says over 4 hours to update again!!!!

I hate dial up but is my only reasonable option right now! We are trying to watch our pennies and save as much as possible. For me to upgrade to anything even near high speed it would cost me $60 per month. I do not feel like I should have to spend this kind of money to run my biz!!! Yes I am ticked!!!!

Ok End rant...
:)

Paulette,

Is there a coffee shop, bookstore or other place that has wireless access near you? If you have a laptop you could take it there. If not, I agree it's a pain!

BethCooks4U said:
Paulette,

Is there a coffee shop, bookstore or other place that has wireless access near you? If you have a laptop you could take it there. If not, I agree it's a pain!

I do and I do that once in a while but cannot be doing that every time it says there is an update.

etteluap70PC said:
I do and I do that once in a while but cannot be doing that every time it says there is an update.

Well THAT's for sure! I can not believe how often they update - it's rediculous! ...but for this update it would be worth the trip. It's taking 15 minutes for mine and I have very high speed internet!

First let me apologize because I have been working on staying positive about things but this just got to me.

My major issue is that I JUST did this 2 days ago!

I could continue but I wont... Again trying to not be so negative and roll with the punches...

I just got the yellow box and before I clicked on the box to update, I came on here to check it out! I'm so paranoid about downloading anything because all you hear of is viruses and all. So now I just updated because I read this! Thanks!

BethCooks4U said:
Mine is yellow too and I use windows. It also said "click here" to do the update so it looks like they changed it so we don't have to open P3 to update.

Me too! It worked great!

My update took less than 10 minutes (I have DSL). I did do the update the other day but I guess they had more changes or "bugs" in the one I downloaded Monday night. I don't have a lap top (on my wish list).

i'm not getting a yellow box today, but i did yesterday. I did the updates last night, but my P3 is still screwed up, I can't sync my shows with my PWS.

candiejayne said:
i'm not getting a yellow box today, but i did yesterday. I did the updates last night, but my P3 is still screwed up, I can't sync my shows with my PWS.

I never went on to CC yesterday so that's why I saw it today. Did you use sync button on top? It comes up with a box that shows the status of the sync. I just did this an hour ago as I had 2 shows to sync.

yep, I did that, I sat on the phone with a very nice guy from tech support the other morning for quite a while until he said he was out of ideas. we uploaded my diagnostics to them so they could see what they were dealing with. He said they'd call me when they figured it out. He thought I'd recieve something that day, but it's been a few days now and I still havent heard anything. I think I'll try to call again tomorrow morning and see if there is any new news!

I'm in the exact same boat..couldn't get mine to update (this was before the yellow box came up) called tech support, they got me through the manual update..only took a few minutes and was able to submit my show..but now the BRIGHT YELLOW BOX is there and it wont update...also cant sync my shows. I have 14 of them set up in PWS and it would be nice to be able to do. I think since it's a new feature, they are having some glitches..keeping my fingers crossed.

me too! my shows are good, and already fine in both, but it's not letting me past that part.

I can't get my shows to synch either...and I also get an error message every time I try to build a new show on my PWS - it won't let me finish!:grumpy:

I have sent an email, with the error message, to the help desk - hopefully this will be cleared up soon. I have hosts for December who are waiting for their shows to be online.

1. Why did the alert box color change on CC?

The alert box color change on CC is likely due to a potential update for P3. The developers may have implemented this change to make the alert more noticeable and to improve the user experience.

2. Is the alert box color change only for P3 updates or for all updates on CC?

It is uncertain whether the alert box color change is only for P3 updates or for all updates on CC. It is best to check with the developers or wait for an official announcement for confirmation.

3. Did the alert box color change for everyone?

It is unclear if the alert box color change is for everyone or not. It could be a gradual rollout, so some users may have noticed the change while others have not yet.

4. Why is the alert box now yellow?

The developers may have chosen yellow as the new color for the alert box to make it more eye-catching and noticeable. It could also be a color that signifies urgency or attention.

5. I'm using the Mac version of P3 now, is that why the alert box color changed for me?

It is possible that the alert box color changed because you switched to the Mac version of P3. However, it could also be a coincidence, and the change may have been implemented for all users regardless of their P3 version.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Fluffy215
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • DebPC