• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Cake Stencils: Expert Advice Needed!

In summary, the conversation discussed using a cake stencil set and how the frosting sticks to the stencil. Suggestions were given to spray the stencil with Pam and to put the stencil shiny side down. It was also mentioned that slicing off the top of the cake can help create a flat surface for the stencil. The person asking for advice plans to try these tips in the future.
kjkjsj
I had a party a couple nights ago and a girl asked me about the cake stencil set. She said that she bought one and when she takes the stencil off the cake, the frosting comes with the the stencil. She says she's left it on until everything was completely cool, she's even put her cake in the freezer and still it sticks to it? I am not familiar with the cake stencil set, so I could not answer her question. I told her I would get back to her after some advice from all you experts!!!! Does anyone have any ideas on how to help her or has anyone used these and had the same problem and figured out a helpful tip? Someone at the party mentioned spraying Pam on the stencil before laying on the frosting, what do you think? She also worries if she waits to long for the frosting to set and then put the stencil on, that the glitter for the balloon design wouldn't stick to the frosting anymore......I hope I'm making sense!! Any helpful tips would be much appreciated! :confused:
Thanks in advance for any helpful tips...........

I've heard the suggestion to spray it with Pam on the side you lay on the cake and I think I tried it long ago. I think that worked pretty well from what I remember. My problem was that the top of the cake was kind of curved, so it was hard to get the stencil totally flat. Since then, I've thought that next time I want to use that, I will slice off the top extra "bump" (that puffs up when you bake it) of the cake with the serrated bread knife, then frost the cake so it'll have a flat surface on top. Now I'd love to go try it, so I'll need to think of an occasion to use if for. :)

Thanks Becky! I'll let her know to try that! ;)

Stencil tipJust wanted to let you know, I have used the stencil set several times and I sprayed the stencil with Pam and you have to put the stencil shiny side down.
It works well.
Hope this helps

Hi there! I am sorry to hear that your friend is having trouble with her cake stencil set. I have used this set before and have not encountered the same issue. However, I do have some tips that may help. First, make sure that the frosting on the cake is not too thick. A thin layer of frosting will allow for easier removal of the stencil without pulling off the frosting. Also, try using a non-stick cooking spray like Pam on the stencil before laying it on the frosting. This will create a barrier between the stencil and the frosting, making it easier to remove. As for the glitter not sticking, I would recommend waiting for the frosting to set before placing the stencil on top. The frosting should still be slightly tacky, but not wet. This will ensure that the glitter sticks to the frosting. I hope these tips help! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy baking!

1. How do I prevent the stencil from moving while I am applying the frosting?

To prevent the stencil from moving, make sure to secure it firmly onto the cake with either toothpicks or a small amount of frosting. You can also use a cake comb to gently press the stencil onto the cake for added stability.

2. My stencil keeps sticking to the frosting, making it difficult to remove. What should I do?

If the stencil is sticking to the frosting, try lightly dusting it with powdered sugar or cornstarch before applying it to the cake. This will create a barrier and make it easier to remove the stencil without disturbing the design.

3. How can I prevent air bubbles from forming under the stencil?

Air bubbles can be prevented by gently smoothing the stencil onto the cake with a cake comb or spatula. Make sure to press firmly but not too hard, as this can cause the frosting to ooze out from under the stencil.

4. My stencil design is not coming out clearly on the cake. What am I doing wrong?

If the design is not coming out clearly, it could be due to too much frosting or uneven pressure. Try using a thinner layer of frosting and make sure to apply even pressure when smoothing the stencil onto the cake.

5. How do I clean and care for my cake stencils?

Cake stencils should be washed with warm, soapy water after each use and dried thoroughly. Store them flat or rolled up in a dry place to prevent warping. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials to clean the stencils as this can damage the design.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lauriedip
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lauriedip
  • DMB75
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies