• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble Finding Poundcake? Try These Delicious Alternatives!

usually in the same section as teh coolwhip and icecream, mccain frozen cake ect.Ok you guys Pound cake is the easiest thing in the world to make--4 sticks of butter (1 lb.), a pound of flour (about 3 3/4 c), a pound of sugar (about 2 2/3 c), 8 eggs, 1/2 c. milk, and 2 T. vanilla. Blend on med for about 2 min (or about 150 strokes), pour into loaf pan and bake for about 50-60 min. at 350 degrees.
Veevahchef
Silver Member
Ok, so i had a show lastnight, and I told the host i would pick up the ingredients on my way and she could pay me back.
I was doing the Tropical torte with fresh pineapple.

I went to my safeway near my house..... no poundcake...(this is where i always get them)
Went to the Suprstore down the street.... no poundcake.
went to another safeway half way to hosts house.....no poundcake.
went to Co-op..... no poundcake.
went to Walmart pantry..... no poundcake.
tryed another safeway by hosts house... no poundcake.

Luckily I left real early with tons of time to spare!

DID SARA LEE GO OUT OF BUSINESS OR SOMETHING?

Had to buy those individual little cake cups... and we did it with those... not as impressive, but tasted good. Anyone else having problems getting the poundcake?

If so, does anyone have a nice smooth but dense (like sara lee) poundcake recipe?

I was SUPER frustrated lastnight!!

I bought some last week. Could you have used a regular non frozen pound cake in the bakery??

bumping now...

I think this recipe would taste WAYYYY better using Angel Food Cake anyway....maybe try that next time.

I looked for a ready made poundcake from the bakery to, with no luck of course.
Are you in US? You bought one last week?
I am in Canada

DebbieJ said:
I think this recipe would taste WAYYYY better using Angel Food Cake anyway....maybe try that next time.

I just don't know if the angel food cake would be sturdy enough to layer and cut without making a mess of it.

But it would be yummy... angelfood is my favorite!

Veevahchef said:
I just don't know if the angel food cake would be sturdy enough to layer and cut without making a mess of it.But it would be yummy... angelfood is my favorite!
Use a serrated knife to cut it and it will be just fine!Or my other idea was to use a box mix of Angel Food cake and make it in the bar pan before the show and then assemble the recipe as a roll instead of a torte. There is a recipe in All the Best that does this (some kind of Lemon roll) and it's really good.

Kellychef has a good recipe for poundcake that starts with a cake mix....but she is havin issues logging on to CS right now - I'll email her and get the recipe.

I think you can just add a package of vanilla pudding mix and an extra egg to yellow cake mix to make pound cake.

I was able to get the Sara Lee Frozen poundcake (and even in the right size) at our Walmart Super Center (I live in Massachusetts)

DebbieJ said:
Use a serrated knife to cut it and it will be just fine!

Or my other idea was to use a box mix of Angel Food cake and make it in the bar pan before the show and then assemble the recipe as a roll instead of a torte. There is a recipe in All the Best that does this (some kind of Lemon roll) and it's really good.

OH... I never thought of the roll idea! That is FABULOUS!!

Thanks for all the great ideas and help everyone!!

Kari

I have always wondered where we buy poundcake here (Canada)?

stefani2 said:
I have always wondered where we buy poundcake here (Canada)?

Usually at any major grocery store... but i went to 6 lastnight and NO POUNDCAKE....

ok, I really have to get over this soon!LOL

does it have to be frozen for that recipe? (I am confused). I haven't even looked at the recipe yet - probably should though...

PampChefJoy said:
I think you can just add a package of vanilla pudding mix and an extra egg to yellow cake mix to make pound cake.
And use milk instead of water. That makes a fantastic pound cake. You can even make it flavored by using flavored pudding mix (pumpkin spice in yellow cake is GREAT).

Veevahchef said:
Usually at any major grocery store... but i went to 6 lastnight and NO POUNDCAKE....

ok, I really have to get over this soon!LOL

I live in a small town - and didn't think I have ever seen it. What section is it in - bakery?

stefani2 said:
I live in a small town - and didn't think I have ever seen it. What section is it in - bakery?

Usually in the same section as teh coolwhip and icecream, mccain frozen cake ect.

Ok you guys pound cake is the easiest thing in the world to make--4 sticks of butter (1 lb.) a pound of flour (about 3 3/4 c), a pound of sugar (about 2 2/3 c), 8 eggs, 1/2 c. milk, and 2 T. vanilla. Blend on med for about 2 min (or about 150 strokes), pour into loaf pan and bake for about 50-60 min. at 350.

Nanisu said:
Ok you guys pound cake is the easiest thing in the world to make--4 sticks of butter (1 lb.) a pound of flour (about 3 3/4 c), a pound of sugar (about 2 2/3 c), 8 eggs, 1/2 c. milk, and 2 T. vanilla. Blend on med for about 2 min (or about 150 strokes), pour into loaf pan and bake for about 50-60 min. at 350.

But I still think buying it frozen is the easiest!! ;)

My director bought some and we live in a small town in Ontario. I'll email her and see if it was a Sara Lee and she was just lucky or if there was another version.

I get the entimines (i knows i spelled it wrong) pound cake. Shop rite (in NJ has slaes like 2 for $5. I stock up and freeze them!

DeeDee616 said:
I get the entimines (i knows i spelled it wrong) pound cake. Shop rite (in NJ has slaes like 2 for $5. I stock up and freeze them!

Holy CRAP!

2 for $5 ?

Here they are like $5.99 EACH.

I gotta buy some pound cakes next time I am in the U.S.
Actually, when we went on our summer road trip last year, I bought 10 boxes of pound cake mix (Another thing you just CAN'T find here) but i used them all already on trifles ect.

Veevahchef said:
Holy CRAP!

2 for $5 ?

Here they are like $5.99 EACH.

I gotta buy some pound cakes next time I am in the U.S.
Actually, when we went on our summer road trip last year, I bought 10 boxes of pound cake mix (Another thing you just CAN'T find here) but i used them all already on trifles ect.

Want me to send you up some.....;)

Ginger428 said:
Want me to send you up some.....;)

Some Mixes? Or some pound cakes?? LOL.

They were so cheap!! i think they were .99 cents or something. That was in Montana on the way back home. How much are they there?

I have NO idea....I just breeze past that aisle.....:)
But I'll check it out, I'm in NY & we don't have any Shop Rites here! ;)

When i bought the mixes in Montana, they were at Walmart (supercenter). if you are in the "Mart of Wally" could you check and see how much they are? I might take you up on that offer!

Veevahchef said:
When i bought the mixes in Montana, they were at Walmart (supercenter). if you are in the "Mart of Wally" could you check and see how much they are? I might take you up on that offer!

Okie Dokie, but we don't have them near me either, but maybe Sunday I'll take a ride to the 1 in CT.

You are awesome... just whenever, don't make any special trips. i would imagine they are available in lots of places if they are at Walmart!

The box just says pound cake? I'm going to Stop & Shop tomorrow, so I'll check it out! :)

I have a Walmart Super Center literally less than 2 minutes from my house....sometimes, i think I should just set up a bedroom in the back for myself - I'm in there so much....anyways, I'll be going later today (that will be my 3rd trip today) and can check to see if they have it and how much it is for you. I live in Massachusetts.

1. Where can I find poundcake?

Poundcake can typically be found in the bakery section of most grocery stores. However, if you are having trouble finding it, try checking multiple stores or call ahead to make sure they have it in stock.

2. Why was poundcake not available at multiple stores?

It is possible that the poundcake is out of stock or the store does not carry it. It is also possible that there is a supply chain issue or a shortage of ingredients needed to make poundcake.

3. Did Sara Lee go out of business?

No, Sara Lee is still in business. However, they may have discontinued their poundcake or there may be a temporary shortage.

4. Does anyone have a good poundcake recipe?

There are many delicious poundcake recipes available online. You can also try asking friends or family for their favorite recipe. Alternatively, you can experiment with different recipes until you find one that you like.

5. What can I use instead of poundcake in a recipe?

If you are unable to find poundcake, you can try using a similar type of cake, such as angel food cake or sponge cake. You can also try making your own poundcake using a recipe or using a store-bought alternative, such as cake cups, as a substitute.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • naekelsey