• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tropical Fun: Planning an April Fools' Day Bash

In summary, the conversation is about ideas for a Tropics-themed April Fools' Day party. Suggestions include making a Baked Alaska cake, a 30-minute roast chicken, a "bacon & eggs" skillet cake, and a turkey loaf (meat loaf) cake. FamilyFun.com is recommended as a resource for recipes. One person, Chef Melody, has quit her day job to focus on Pampered Chef and shares her story in a linked thread.
Sallie_M
I booked an April Fools' Day party, and need some help. Does anyone have ideas to go with the Taste of the Tropics theme?

Hmmm... well, are you wanting to do a "trick" on them? First thing that came to my mind was that Baked Alaska cake in the batter bowl with chocolate frosting peaked to look like a cococnut?!

I will have to think on that one some more.

Thanks, Kirsten. That's easy. And, can be made ahead of time.

I made my first 30 minute roast chicken on Wednesday. Trying to work that into an April Fools thing too.

This party will be full time working women and some are also full time students. It might seem like a trick if you make a full chicken meal that fast...

You can tell them that they will trick their friends and family into thinking it took a long time to cook dinner.

Make a "bacon & eggs" skillet cake! I saw this one time. Bake a cake in the family size skillet. Frost it with off-white icing. Then put two egg-white shaped spots of white icing on one side. Use drained apricot halves for the 'yolks'. Then, make bacon shaped pieces out of fruit leather and put them on the other side. It's really cute! I would do this as a second recipe, though, or one you make ahead.

Sallie_M said:
I booked an April Fools' Day party, and need some help. Does anyone have ideas to go with the Taste of the Tropics theme?

I like to make a turkey loaf (meat loaf) cake with mashed potato frosting, and a cherry grape "cherry". you could use the spreaders, the decorator bottles or EAD, the bowls the mixing tools?

look on FamilyFun.com for recipe

FamilyFun.com has a lot of really neat stuff! Thanks, Susan!

chefmelody said:
Make a "bacon & eggs" skillet cake! I saw this one time. Bake a cake in the family size skillet. Frost it with off-white icing. Then put two egg-white shaped spots of white icing on one side. Use drained apricot halves for the 'yolks'. Then, make bacon shaped pieces out of fruit leather and put them on the other side. It's really cute!

this sounds good, too. Chef Melody, have you quit your day job for PC?

I am not able to check this site out every day.
But, my dh wants me to "retire" my 40 hour a week job and concentrate on PC.

What made you finally do it? :eek:

Sallie_M said:
this sounds good, too. Chef Melody, have you quit your day job for PC?

I am not able to check this site out every day.
But, my dh wants me to "retire" my 40 hour a week job and concentrate on PC.

What made you finally do it? :eek:

Here's the thread where I talk about it:
http://chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=17977

Basically I felt that my life wasn't going the way I wanted, and that I could do more with PC. If your hubby is supportive, go for it!

1. What are some fun and creative ways to incorporate tropical themes into an April Fools' Day party?

Some ideas include serving tropical-inspired cocktails and mocktails, using colorful and playful decorations like inflatable palm trees and flamingo drink stirrers, and playing tropical-themed pranks on guests like filling a piñata with silly items instead of candy.

2. How can I make sure my guests have a great time at a tropical-themed April Fools' Day party?

In addition to providing entertaining activities and delicious food and drinks, make sure to set the atmosphere with upbeat music and encourage guests to dress in tropical attire. You can also plan fun games and have a photo booth with props for guests to take silly pictures.

3. What are some easy and delicious tropical-inspired dishes I can make for the party?

Some simple options include fruit skewers with a tropical twist (such as pineapple, mango, and kiwi), coconut shrimp with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce, and mini Hawaiian pizzas with pineapple and ham. You can also serve tropical fruit punch or a refreshing watermelon and mint salad.

4. Do you have any suggestions for tropical-themed party favors or gifts for guests?

Some ideas could be mini bottles of sunscreen or aloe vera, tropical scented candles or lotions, or fun sunglasses with a tropical pattern. You could also give out small bags of tropical candy or personalized keychains with a tropical design.

5. How can I incorporate pranks and jokes into a tropical-themed April Fools' Day party?

You can have a fake "coconut bowling" game where the coconuts are actually filled with confetti or have a "beach ball" pinata that explodes with silly string. You could also serve "fake" tropical drinks made with unusual ingredients like pickle juice or green food coloring. Just make sure to label them as pranks so guests don't accidentally drink them!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies