• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

April Fools Show: Games, Theme Ideas, and More!

In summary, the show for tomorrow, APRIL FOOLS, is about the "Host-to-be" and "I were joking around" and they booked a show for April 1st. They are talking about ideas for the show, including a "how to fool your husband into cooking for you show" and a "how to fool your guests into eating veggies" show. They also talked about making a dirt kind of trifle with gummy worms. Lastly, they talked about a game.
ChefNic
Any games? theme ideas?
I just booked a show for April 1st !!! The "Host-to-be" and I were kidding around... "APRIL FOOLS the show is tomorrow " ...LOL but that wouldn't go over well! ! ! ! LOL...
Any thoughts?

I have a bridal shower booked that day! LOL! (Hope that's not an indication of things to come for my bride!)

How about a "how to fool your husband into cooking for you show"...teach them all the products a husband 'should' love...BBQ turner, baster, forged knives...

??? Needs work, but a thought...???

Ooh Janet, that's a good idea! Or how to FOOL your kids into eating veggies (chop em up real small in the chopper!) Or teach them kitchen pranks to play on friends and family--rubber band around the sprayer anyone? or salt in the sugar bowl or sugar in the salt shaker. Or talk about everyone's biggest goofs in the kitchen. Maybe wear your clothes backwards or something goofy like that?

I really like the FOOL your husband idea! That would be a great turn over for newlyweds too!

I really like the husband cooking, although I think the kids eating veggies could be a big hit too! You guys are so creative!

I love the husband idea! I "fool" my husband EVERYTIME I try a new product or a new recipe... some times I don't have to cook for days! LOL

Thanks! Glad you like the idea...I usually don't think I'm creative that late at night, but guess I can be... LOL! :)

Anxious to see how you guys improve/expand on the concept!

I would fool your guests with the 30 minute chicken and the microwave cake... make them think that you baked both in the oven!

jenniferknapp said:
I would fool your guests with the 30 minute chicken and the microwave cake... make them think that you baked both in the oven!

Now you're talking! Those are excellent ideas especially when you stop and think that pretty soon (I can only dream) that it will be too hot to put the oven on!

I write this with a storm coming in a couple of days!

You can also talk about serving store-bought items in Simple Additions to fool guests into thinking you cooked all day. :)

I dont know how you could incorporate this into a show....

but on April Fools day, our family has "Backwards Meals". For breakfast I make bacon blankets (instead of having the pancake wrapped around a sausage link, we wrap our pancakes with bacon). For lunch we have TLB's (A BLT turned upside down, kids get a kick out of it) and for dinner dessert comes forst, then the main course, then the salad and appetizers. Its fun!

you can also make the hanburger cake (look up april fools on familyfun.com and you will get tons of ideas)
The cake looks just like a hanburger! They have full meals like this too.

Wow, great ideas! :) I'll have to read this thread again after my show tonight to get ideas for April!

Awesome ideas! I like the hamburger cake...i'll have to check that out...
my mom sent me an email several months ago...a picture of a dessert...but it looked like kitty litter...tootsie rolls, etc... really looked real...put in a NEW litter box...
But...NOT making that for a show!! EWWW!

Ok, a hamburger cake...then what could the appetizer be? A Salad Sundae? Hmmmm... some type of appetizer that looked like a dessert...
I'm gonna search the internet for April Fool's ideas...

You guys are awesome!!

Even just talking about how we can "fool'' our family into eating veggies, or the husband into cooking, or our guests into thinking the food was from scratch on the SA...or that we made the food in the oven, etc...
all awesome ideas...

How about a dirt kind of a trifle with gummy worms? (My aunt made one in the bucket of a dump truck for my cousin's bday years ago...) Oreos, chocolate pudding, etc.

Can anyone think of a good game? Maybe a mixer / ice breaker?

I guess even just doing a layered salad in the trifle bowl, & a dessert pizza...
they would be sorta mixed up...usually a dessert in a trifle bowl and a pizza is usually savory...???
I just wonder if it isn't obvious enough...???

ChefNic said:
I guess even just doing a layered salad in the trifle bowl, & a dessert pizza...
they would be sorta mixed up...usually a dessert in a trifle bowl and a pizza is usually savory...???
I just wonder if it isn't obvious enough...???
I love that idea!

hmmm.... game .... How about, have everyone share their favorite product and what they like about it, but they have to say the opposite: I can't stand the stoneware because nothing bakes well on it and I end up with burnt food all the time!

You would have to make sure that your group "gets" the game, because it could devolve into people actually complaining about products.

Better yet- tell them that you're not doing any work that day and trade places with the guests. Give them instructions and tools and let them make the recipes.

OOOH Ann! I love that idea, where you just sit down and make them work! That sounds like FUN!

And it gets the tools into their hands. We all know what happens when they do that, right?:D

Went to bed...thinking...OH NO ... no good April Fool tricks for my show tomorrow...
I talked with my host...I told her I didn't have any good tricks...she was fine with it, as long as we played some fun games and people got prizes!

So anyway...I thought ...I could say some product that the host was wanting...like the Trifle Bowl... is on Back Order!!!
Something that everyone would be thrilled to get...'Oh...Sorry I JUST got an email yesterday that that is on back order...It should be stocked in about a month..." I know this host wants the Trifle....hence the April 1st booking!!!

ANY Other great games or tricks to play on the guests or host would be HUGELY appreciated...especially since I talked with her and already told her I had nothing up my sleeve...and being that was the truth, of course she believed me!!!

TIA

You are so brave Nicole! I would be scared that some people wouldn't hear that it was a joke and not order it!! Good luck and have fun!

Oooo...TRUE!!! Hadn't thought of that at all...
Hmmm... back to the drawing board...

I think it is a fun idea, I just know how when I say something is back-ordered and 10 people order it anyway. Or mid-season products!

I know it's a little late for ideas, but how about a meatloaf "cake?" Bake it in the square baker or loaf pan, then "frost" it with mashed potatoes, and decorate with more potatoes from the EAD! Put cherry tomatoes on top like cherries. You could make these "cupcakes" too if you bake it in the muffin pan!...I think I might actually make that tomorrow just for hubby and me. :D

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that...but we had already picked our recipes...Would be good for the family tomorrow though!!

And Gillian...shed some light on the recruiting!!
OMG...!! Great job!
I'm just ready to start working smarter not harder!! OMG...7 or 8 shows in one month is not easy..and I could be making the same money...with less shows...OR MORE money with THE SAME AMOUNT of shows!!!

Ok....didn't mean to be a thread killer...but April 1st...is gonna be over soon!
LOL...
Gillian...That is true about them ordering things not available!!

I have been very blessed with recruiting! I hook them with the deal, then sell the dream... it has worked so far! Don't tell Marla I sell the deal first :D

I know it's late, but last year at my party on Apr 1, we talked about "foolish things we've done in the kitchen". Had some funny stories! I'll probable do that today at my show...

What is the Pampered Chef April Fools Show?

The Pampered Chef April Fools Show is a special event held every year on April 1st where we showcase some of our most innovative and fun kitchen products.

Is the April Fools Show a real product launch?

No, the April Fools Show is meant to be a light-hearted and entertaining event. However, some of the products featured may become available for purchase in the future.

How can I watch the April Fools Show?

The April Fools Show is available to watch on our website and social media channels. You can also host a viewing party with your friends and family to enjoy the show together!

Can I purchase the products featured in the April Fools Show?

Some of the products featured in the April Fools Show may become available for purchase in the future. Keep an eye on our website and social media for any updates.

Will there be any special promotions or discounts during the April Fools Show?

While there are no specific promotions or discounts during the April Fools Show, we do have ongoing sales and specials that you can take advantage of. Plus, watching the show is always free and entertaining!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • smspamperedchef