• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trivet That Can't Go on Wood????

In summary, my mom was disappointed that the Cranberry Hot Pad/Trivet that she received as a gift said not to use it on wood. This note is in the safeguards and absolves PC of liability if the hot item is larger than the trivet.
BethanyN
My mom got a free Cranberry Hot Pad/Trivet as a gift for being one of my charter hosts, but when she got it yesterday, she was really disappointed that it said not to use it on wood?!?! Since her (and probably 90% of the rest of the population's) dining room table is wood, it kind of defeats the purpose of her getting it! Since it's heat-resistant to 675 degrees, why can't it be used on wood?? Does anyone know what that is about? And shouldn't the catalog tell you if you can't use a trivet on your dining room table??

I use mine on wood all the time, with no problem whatsoever. That note is in the safeguards. As the use and care section points out, you need to be careful if the hot item is larger than the trivet, which is usually the case. If you put, say, the roasting pan on the trivet on your dining room table, there is a small chance that the table could wind up damaged around the trivet. This little note in the paperwork absolves PC of liability. Believe it or not, most trivets I've seen have had a similar notation.

I never realized that but it definitely makes sense!

Are you talking about the hot pad, or the silicone? The fabric hot pad, I learned the hard way, doesn't protect enough so the finish on my dining room table softened and now has tiny fibers stuck in it from the hot pad. I don't think I've ever used the silicone trivet on the table, because it gets too much use in the kitchen to be moved out of there.

The only trivets I use now on my dining table are the RUFTH, or I'll use a Stackable Cooling Tray for something larger.

pampchefsarah said:
Are you talking about the hot pad, or the silicone? The fabric hot pad, I learned the hard way, doesn't protect enough so the finish on my dining room table softened and now has tiny fibers stuck in it from the hot pad. I don't think I've ever used the silicone trivet on the table, because it gets too much use in the kitchen to be moved out of there.

The only trivets I use now on my dining table are the RUFTH, or I'll use a Stackable Cooling Tray for something larger.

This is why I'm SO glad the new RUFTH is bigger!!

pampchefsarah said:

It's the silicone Cranberry Hot Pad/Trivet on page 44. It's offered as a free gift to anyone who hosts a party for a new consultant within their first 30 days. They can choose between that or the Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle and the Chipotle Rub. My mom just had a table custom-made from repurposed barn wood, and since it's new, she wants to be sure to protect it, which was why she chose the trivet. But if she can't use it on wood, then she sprinkle and spice gift probably would've been a better choice for her.

I use mine on my wood table all the time too. I think it's just a matter of not putting something too big on it...

my experience is that hot pots, dishes, etc. do heat up the pad (even though it says 650 degrees) so I think maybe the heat transfer could actually damage the wood. I have noticed a "hot spot" under it just on formica when I set something hot on it.

That is one of the selling points I use of ours vs theirs. The store brands have holes so you can hang them...the one's w/ holes let steam/heat get into wood so they really aren't trivets. A HO rep gave me that tip in the new product room years ago. I wonder why it says not to use on wood now?

I think HO needs to inform us when they have warranty changes...

I use mine on wood all the time and have had no problems. I do use two of them ifn the pan is larger so it doesn't hang over like others have said

Not much of a hot pad or trivet if you can't use it the way a hot pad/trivet is intended. Some of the things they tell use make me think "what is the point of this product then".

It also bugs me when I have to tell restaurants that if they use our products in their business it voids the warrantee. While they will get lots of use there, it could be understandable with WalMart quality products, but ours are suppose to be Professional Quality...which makes you think they could be used in a professional setting.

I used one on my antique dining room table and it left a PERMANENT mark on the table. That was enough to swear me off ever using the silicone hot pads. (I know that is an over-reaction, but it was a sad event for me.)

Shawnna said:
It also bugs me when I have to tell restaurants that if they use our products in their business it voids the warrantee. While they will get lots of use there, it could be understandable with WalMart quality products, but ours are suppose to be Professional Quality...which makes you think they could be used in a professional setting.

I wouldn't take this as a negative. Restaurant kitchens ABUSE their stuff...its just the nature of the tempo and demands they have to meet. The chef may know how to care properly for a pot/knife/gadget, but the wash guy or the prep guy may have no clue....and the pace is generally pretty crazy. Stuff gets tossed, knocked, dropped. And whereas at home we may use a skillet twice in a day, a restaurant kitchen could use a skillet over and over all evening long. (Same is true for just about any other of our products...though I do know of some small mom and pop places that love the food chopper.) :)

The code for the charter gift?I seemed to have left my paper for the charter gift at a hosts home. Does anyone know the code for the trivet/hot pad?

Thanks Stacy

1. Can the trivet be used on all types of wood surfaces?

No, the trivet is not recommended for use on wood surfaces as it can cause damage or discoloration.

2. What materials is the trivet made of?

The trivet is made of heat-resistant silicone and stainless steel, ensuring durability and safety.

3. Is the trivet dishwasher safe?

Yes, the trivet is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, handwashing is recommended to prolong its lifespan.

4. What is the maximum temperature that the trivet can withstand?

The trivet can withstand heat up to 450°F, making it suitable for most cooking and baking needs.

5. Can the trivet be used as a pot holder?

Yes, the trivet can be used as a pot holder to protect your hands from hot dishes and pans. However, it is not recommended to hold hot items for extended periods of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Chef Mary Rose
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita