• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tried & True: Family-Pleasing Chicken Recipe!

chicken, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and ommitted the carrots ( hate cooked carrots) but used extra broccolli, extra broth and a whole thing of lowfat cream cheese instead of 1/2 a pack.This recipe uses broccolli, artichoke hearts, and chicken instead of carrots. To make it more like a traditional recipe, the author suggests omitting the carrots and using a reduced-fat cream cheese instead.
heat123
Silver Member
Can I just tell you, how yummy this recipe is! I made it for my sunday family dinner (with the parents and brother) and they LOVED it! To it, I added: chicken, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and ommitted the carrots ( hate cooked carrots) but used extra broccolli, extra broth and a whole thing of lowfat cream cheese instead of 1/2 a pack. YUMMO as Rachel Rae would say! Two:thumbup: :thumbup: s up!:love: Definitely one I will do again and recommend to hosts!:chef:

Ok - I am going to need to try this one at a show. I am leery though, because I don't like to do demos at the stove - I don't like having my back to people. How do ya'll handle that?

dannyzmom said:
Ok - I am going to need to try this one at a show. I am leery though, because I don't like to do demos at the stove - I don't like having my back to people. How do ya'll handle that?

I want to try this, too, but I have yet to find a host with a stovetop on her island, which is the only way I'll do a stovetop recipe (most of my hosts lately have "twins" or row homes with teeny-tiny kitchens that only 1 person fit into!) I wouldn't even do it in my own home as a demo (L-shaped counter design, split-level home - kitchen, DR, LR on same level).

Any suggestions (other than getting an electric burner - "not-gonna-do-it" ;) )?

I have done this with a show. My dear husband was with me since it was a couples show but it worked well. We got the garlic going as people arrived and then I introduced myself and then did the veggies and brought everything to him. It worked well. You could do the veggies with the guests and then go quickly put it together while they are looking at the catalog. I've also done a show where I gave another consultant my own version of PC dollars towards products she wanted for helping me. That worked well too.

If the kitchen is too small, you can use another area and have the host add ingrediants to the pot and do the occassional stirring. I did something similar at a show when I made this pasta...worked out great.

I purchased a hot plate (single burner). It plugs in anywhere. It's great to use on tables because you can have others around the table. I made soup during the winter using the hot plate. It works great.

cathyskitchen said:
I want to try this, too, but I have yet to find a host with a stovetop on her island, which is the only way I'll do a stovetop recipe (most of my hosts lately have "twins" or row homes with teeny-tiny kitchens that only 1 person fit into!) I wouldn't even do it in my own home as a demo (L-shaped counter design, split-level home - kitchen, DR, LR on same level).

Any suggestions (other than getting an electric burner - "not-gonna-do-it" ;) )?

I have one of those little burners but I don't think it really gets hot enought o COOK anything. I tried it back in '05 for the Garlic Shrimp Crostini recipe and we ended up having to move to the kitchen burner to get the dang shrimp to cook.

All of last summer & into the fall I made the Toasted Pasta W/Sausage on a hot plate at my work table. I've made this at home on my stove, but now I'll have to try it on the hot plate & I'll let you know how it comes.....:chef:

I've done lots of recipes on my hotplate, and it gets plenty hot.I also did this recipe at a couple of shows, and other than stirring the garlic, it really just sits on the burner, so you won't have your back to the crowd.

Ok so I usually use whatever Pasta I have on hand. Do you think it matters if I use tri color rotini?

Ok so I am doing this recipe for all my May shows and yesterday I had one person who was my designated stirer and she bought the Mega Scraper because she used it and loves it now. This recipe is very good and then I came home and made it for dinner too. It makes for a quick show when all are involved.

Just a thought about the table top burners...
if you start with hot (or at least warm) tap water, it will boil quicker.Speaking from my experience with our table top cooker is a propane model, made in Japan. Uses small cans of gas.

CookingwithMary said:
Just a thought about the table top burners...
if you start with hot (or at least warm) tap water, it will boil quicker.
Good idea, except this recipe doesn't boil the noodles in water, it uses chicken broth (which you can heat up a little in the microwave to "prime").

Well it's really not a recipe you have to sit and watch on the burner. I have everyone doing all the prep work on the island or countertops and then have someone over at the burner doing all the work there. While the pasta is cooking, they are prepping and when everything goes in I talk about the products. So, you would not have to worry about having your back to anyone.

Whoops! Sorry about the water/broth confusionI hadn't tried this recipe yet (protein content is too high for my needs). Darn it...looks really delish!So...it really sounds like something I NEED to make for shows!Great tip about preheating liquid in the micro!Thanks for all your help, ChefAnn!

question??!!How much do hot plates cost, or those single burner things? I'm thinking of getting one! I have a show tomorrow night that I'm doing this for, if anyone knows the cost before then, please post, I'm considering buying one tomorrow!:thumbup:

MissChef said:
How much do hot plates cost, or those single burner things? I'm thinking of getting one! I have a show tomorrow night that I'm doing this for, if anyone knows the cost before then, please post, I'm considering buying one tomorrow!:thumbup:

I think you can usually find them at Target/Walmart type places for $10-$15.

MissChef said:
How much do hot plates cost, or those single burner things? I'm thinking of getting one! I have a show tomorrow night that I'm doing this for, if anyone knows the cost before then, please post, I'm considering buying one tomorrow!:thumbup:

found mine at WM for $8! Well worth the small investment as I don't want to be in a kitchen with my back to guests. I used it ALOT a few years back for the skillet stir-fry that was one of the theme shows then. I may have to dust it off for this recipe!

chefmeg said:
found mine at WM for $8! Well worth the small investment as I don't want to be in a kitchen with my back to guests. I used it ALOT a few years back for the skillet stir-fry that was one of the theme shows then. I may have to dust it off for this recipe!

ChefBeckyD said:
I think you can usually find them at Target/Walmart type places for $10-$15.
Thanks ladies!!! I am going to go to Shopko (just like Target, Kmart) and look there, I would go to Walmart but it's about a 25 mile round trip, by the time I'm done driving there, I will have wasted the money I saved on gas! :rolleyes: :grumpy: Thanks so much, I'm going to get one tomorrow!:thumbup: :balloon: :)

MissChef said:
Thanks ladies!!! I am going to go to Shopko (just like Target, Kmart) and look there, I would go to Walmart but it's about a 25 mile round trip, by the time I'm done driving there, I will have wasted the money I saved on gas! :rolleyes: :grumpy: Thanks so much, I'm going to get one tomorrow!:thumbup: :balloon: :)

Yep - then your $10 hot plate would have cost around $30!:grumpy:

Because of the holiday weekend, gas around here is now over $4 a gallon. And I forgot to fill up in the middle of the week.:yuck:

I got my hot plate at Walgreens.

^^ Becky, I know isn't that enough to almost make you cry!:cry: :grumpy:
The price of gas and then the result of that in the grocery store just makes me pissy!!! LOL! I was so blessed today though, I went to my Albertsons and found a sweet deal on meat and I have my entire freezer stuffed full of meat for the next 2-3 weeks for about $50.00! Oh wow! And that wasn't even using the grocery game!!! I love saving money!!!! I mean, who doesn't, but it literaly puts me on cloud nine when I save like that! About 3 weeks ago I went up there and used a bunch of coupons and also they had a great deal on fiber one bars and cereal and sweet & salty bars, and I came home with 6-7 bags of groceries for $25.00!:love: :D :eek: :D

Last edited:
DebbieJ said:
I got my hot plate at Walgreens.
How much did it cost you there? I have a Walgreens real close to where I live and only about 2 minutes from the host's house tomorrow night!

MissChef said:

I just have to say I miss that place. They always seem to have really cute kid clothes:cry:

Related to Tried & True: Family-Pleasing Chicken Recipe!

1. What is the main ingredient in the "Tried & True: Family-Pleasing Chicken Recipe!"?

The main ingredient in this recipe is boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

2. How long does it take to prepare and cook the chicken?

The preparation time for this recipe is about 10 minutes, and the cooking time is approximately 20 minutes.

3. Can I use different types of chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use chicken thighs or chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. Is this recipe suitable for those with dietary restrictions?

This recipe is customizable and can be made to fit various dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs or swap out the dairy-based ingredients for non-dairy alternatives.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Simply reheat it in the oven or microwave before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara1021
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cewcooks
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
candiejayne