• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Traveling to Markham from Toronto Pearson for Conference? Here's How!

In summary, the Hilton Suites in Markham is not near the last year's hotel and it's a half hour drive to the hotel. The shuttle I took last year to the Fairmount doesn't seem to go to the Hilton! The cost to get to the hotel is $60 with a cab.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
For those of you flying into Toronto Pearson for Conference, how are you getting to Hilton Suites in Markham? The shuttle I took last year to the Fairmount doesn't seem to go to the Hilton! May have to take a cab. Not sure of price. When do you guys get in? I get in at 9:07am on Friday the 8th.

Okay, let me reword my question.....when do you guys all get in? I thought maybe if we arrive around the same time, we could share a cab or something. Checked on mapquest and it's a half hour drive to the hotel. Would be nice to share that cost!

I get into Toronto Pearson Airport at 9:07am on Friday the 8th.

Just realized I repeated myself........:rolleyes: :eek:

it's okay, MF. It's just the excitement getting to you :) Now -- if you start answering yourself....

LOL!! I wouldn't put it past me to do that too!! :rolleyes:

Hi Guys, (Gals)

We will be driving in from Montreal on the Thurs (carpooling with some Directors)

For those who went last year (I did not) the hotel is nowhere near last years hotel. Its no where near downtown even.

Be prepared for a hefty cab fare. Try to share if you can.

Sorry we aren't coming by plane, so we won't be near the airport.

Good luck - hope to see you there.

Cat

I emailed the hotel about a shuttle service. Here's the reply I received:

Thank you for your email we do not have any shuttle service from
the Toronto Pearson Airport to our hotel. I can sugguest a taxi here
is a number you can call and you work our a rate. 1877 721 1154.

Hope I find someone to share a cab with!!

I'll check around with my cluster mates who are attending. We meet the weekend before NC, so I'll take your travel details & mention it to the girls who are flying in on Fri. (assuming some are)

Actually, the airport to downtown (where conference was last year) is about 26km and the airport to Markham is only about 9 km more - so the fares would be around the same - $50.
If you got to www.worldtaximeter.com the downtown trip costs $2 more. :)

The lady at teh Markaham hotel told me it is a $60 cab fare!
i thin they should set up shuttles for us like they did in Cinncinati.

It will cost anything from 55 to 65$ so yes you should try and find someone to share. I get in on Thursday with my director so we will be sharing. Everyone in our Manitoba cluster is getting in on Thursday. There were transportation phone #'s on the website under consultants corner/conference. It's almost cheaper to take a limo.

Robynchefcanada said:
It will cost anything from 55 to 65$ so yes you should try and find someone to share. I get in on Thursday with my director so we will be sharing. Everyone in our Manitoba cluster is getting in on Thursday. There were transportation phone #'s on the website under consultants corner/conference. It's almost cheaper to take a limo.

That might be fun, especially since it's a 30 minute drive or so! :D

Related to Traveling to Markham from Toronto Pearson for Conference? Here's How!

1. How do I get to Markham from the airport?

To get to Markham from the airport, you can take a taxi, ride-sharing service, or public transportation. The most convenient option is to take a taxi or ride-sharing service, which will cost around $50-$60 and take approximately 30 minutes depending on traffic. If you prefer public transportation, you can take the Union Pearson Express train to Union Station and then transfer to the GO train or bus to Markham. This option will take longer and cost around $20.

2. Can I rent a car to get to Markham?

Yes, there are several car rental companies located at the airport. You can rent a car and drive to Markham, which will take approximately 30 minutes depending on traffic. Keep in mind that there may be additional fees for dropping off the car at a different location.

3. Is there public transportation available in Markham?

Yes, there are several options for public transportation in Markham. You can take the GO train or bus, which connects Markham to other cities in the Greater Toronto Area. There are also several bus routes within Markham operated by York Region Transit. You can purchase a PRESTO card to easily pay for public transportation fares.

4. Are there any shuttle services available to Markham?

Yes, there are shuttle services available from the airport to various locations in Markham. These shuttle services can be booked in advance and will take you directly to your destination. Prices and availability may vary, so it is best to research and book in advance.

5. Can I take the train to Markham?

Yes, you can take the GO train to Markham. The train station is located in the neighboring city of Unionville and is about a 15-minute drive to Markham. You can also take the GO bus to Markham, which has several stops within the city. You can purchase tickets at the train station or through the GO Transit website or app.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Lorna May
  • ChefEsther
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Melonie Swinamer
  • Becca_in_MD