• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tragedy Strikes Buffalo: My Heart Aches for the Victims

His wife and daughter were able to get out, however he was not.In summary, a plane crash in Buffalo, NY has left many people in shock and sadness. Despite not being directly affected, the conversation participants express their concern and sympathy for the victims and their families. The weather conditions in Buffalo are noted as a possible factor in the crash, and the welcoming nature of the people in Buffalo is also mentioned. The conversation ends with a reminder to keep the victims and their loved ones in thoughts and prayers.
baychef
Silver Member
If you have turned on a television in the last 12 hours you will have heard about a plane crash in Buffalo, NY.

My brother lives north west of the airport and was not flying...he is ok. But my stomach has been in knots since I saw this on tv at 1 am this morning.

I have never lived in Buffalo, but have had either friends or relatives living there (and recently have been traveling there with my parents for successful cancer treatments and check ups).

I love the people in Buffalo. From visiting there over the last 30 years from time to time, I have found the people welcoming, fun and warm. Keep in mind, I don't know too many of them on a close basis, but the people from Buffalo make you feel as if you are one of their own instantly.

If you have ever been to a Buffalo Bills game when the winds of Lake Erie are whipping...you will know that the weather in Buffalo will toughen you up!!! Whether you liked Tim Russert or not...he was an example of how welcoming Buffalo folks are.

My heart aches for these families and friends of the victims whether they are from Buffalo or not. One victim is a widow of a 9/11 victim. She is now with her husband in heaven.

This week after listening to the remarkable experience of the Hudson River plane crash crew and passengers...this is a reminder of what a miracle Captain Sully, his crew, the passengers and the rescue people experienced.

Hopefully their passing was swift and they did not suffer.

(Thanks for letting get my feelings out!)

I totally agree Ann - thoughts and prayers to the families~

How aweful. This also puts my stomach in knots as my boss is currently in air flying to Austraila, and my best friend is taking a flight from MI to FL tomorrow. I know flying is safer then walking down the street, but with so many people at once, then toll seems much worse. I agree with you that I hope they didn't suffer. That would be a horrible expirence.

Oh, I hadn'r seen this, thanks for posting Ann. How horrible and sad for those families...

Although I live approx. 45 minutes south west of where the crash happened, I do have shows in Buffalo quite often (once, sometimes twice a month) and you are correct, the people in Buffalo are very nice and welcoming.

The weather at home was rain/snow/sleet that instantly froze around 7:00 and stayed that way until after 10:30. The roads were horrible and we had high wind from early morning until late last night (we were without power from 6:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. and some are still without power). The saying always goes if you don't like the weather wait five minutes and it will change.

Please also keep in your prayers the family that was in the house where the plane hit. The father that was in the house that did not survive. His wife and daughter were able to get out, however he was not.

As always, we know that our Lord has a plan for all of us, eventhough sometimes it doesn't make sense to us and we always tend to ask "why".

Our prayers go out to everyone.

Initial "guesses" as to why is possible icing of the wings.

Buffalo area had high wind gusts and we have had snow, slush, ice and rain on and off all day even where I am located which is about 100 miles north of Syracuse. (a 4 1/2 hour drive from Buffalo). The area is flat and Buffalo is located on Lake Erie. The prevailing winds hit Buffalo contantly.

There is no indication that the pilot was in distress. It just seemed to drop from the sky which they say is what a plane would do when added weight of ice is added. They were about to land (so they were winding down in speed) and with the weight of the ice, the plane drops.

Karen said:
Although I live approx. 45 minutes south west of where the crash happened, I do have shows in Buffalo quite often (once, sometimes twice a month) and you are correct, the people in Buffalo are very nice and welcoming.

The weather at home was rain/snow/sleet that instantly froze around 7:00 and stayed that way until after 10:30. The roads were horrible and we had high wind from early morning until late last night (we were without power from 6:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. and some are still without power). The saying always goes if you don't like the weather wait five minutes and it will change.

Please also keep in your prayers the family that was in the house where the plane hit. The father that was in the house that did not survive. His wife and daughter were able to get out, however he was not.

As always, we know that our Lord has a plan for all of us, eventhough sometimes it doesn't make sense to us and we always tend to ask "why".

Our prayers go out to everyone.

This is so true. Sometimes you don't even have to wait as long as 5 minutes for the weather to change!!! One morning here, my boss delayed school because the temp had dropped 25 degrees in a half hour!!!

It's so said, they are saying that a women that was on that plan was going to Buffalo for her late husband was awarded a Scholarship in his name that died in 9-11.

"Madeline LoftusMaddy Loftus, 24, of Parsippany, N.J., was headed to Buffalo for a reunion of the Buffalo State women's ice hockey team she played for in 2002 and 2003, said Jeff Ventura, the school's sports information director." Griffith Cluster?????? Sherry Loftus

Last edited:
I just can't stop finding out more about this tragic accident. A husband of a Dr. at Roswell Cancer Treatment center died in the crash. Although the name of the Dr. is not familiar, that is where my Dad went for his treatments. We will be going back to Roswell for another check up in early March.

For those of you who are not familiar with the area...there is the NY State Thruway that goes into Buffalo. Just a few miles before the toll (when heading west into Buffalo), the airport landing and take off strip is to the left of the thruway (right next to the thruway...like a few 10ths of a mile). The crash is just 5 to 7 miles northwest of the thruway on the right side. I usually am disappointed if we do not see an airplane take off or land because the planes fly so low, they look like they are going to land on your car. The kid in me thinks it is cool...but now I will always think of those who died whenever we are on that part of the thruway.

Related to Tragedy Strikes Buffalo: My Heart Aches for the Victims

1. What is "Tragedy Strikes Buffalo: My Heart Aches for the Victims" about?

"Tragedy Strikes Buffalo: My Heart Aches for the Victims" is a heartfelt and emotional story about a devastating event that occurred in Buffalo, NY. It follows the aftermath of a tragic accident that took the lives of many innocent people.

2. Is this a true story?

Yes, "Tragedy Strikes Buffalo: My Heart Aches for the Victims" is based on a real event that happened in Buffalo, NY. The story is fictionalized, but the tragedy and its impact on the community are very real.

3. Who is the author of "Tragedy Strikes Buffalo: My Heart Aches for the Victims"?

The author of "Tragedy Strikes Buffalo: My Heart Aches for the Victims" is not disclosed for privacy reasons. However, the story was written with the intention of honoring the victims and raising awareness about the importance of safety and support in times of tragedy.

4. How can I support the victims and their families?

There are many ways to support the victims and their families. You can donate to organizations that provide assistance to those affected by the tragedy, volunteer your time and resources, or simply offer words of comfort and support. Every gesture, no matter how small, can make a difference in the healing process.

5. Is "Tragedy Strikes Buffalo: My Heart Aches for the Victims" available for purchase?

Yes, "Tragedy Strikes Buffalo: My Heart Aches for the Victims" is available for purchase on various online platforms. All proceeds from the sales will go towards supporting the victims and their families. Thank you for your support and compassion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978