• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Totally off Topic Here but I Had to Share

In summary, the person lives in a dirty, cluttered apartment that smells bad. They have called the ASPCA about a possible dead cat and fleas. They also have two small children and social services won't do anything about the situation.
TammyStar
Okay I sometimes live in my own little world so I don't know if any of you have seen this but my friend just emailed it to me and I had to share!
I can't believe anyone could live like this!

How can anyone live like this? (pics) - Houston-Imports.com

Looks a little too staged for me. Especially the lines of cups and the same pizza and donut boxes that arent crushed in the mess.

I dunno. Looks like a typical dorm room or near campus apartment anywhere.

It doesn't look staged to me. It looks gross! The clean up on that is going to be horrible.

I thought the pic with the iron was nothing short of sheer ironic genius.

That is just plain nasty. I don't know how someone could be happy in that filth.

I would think it would be almost impossible to clean it properly to rent to someone else. I don't know if there is enough "Oust" in America to get the smell out of that apartment.

I think it's staged. The walls are too clean!

I saw that on another board. The person is a hoarder. It's very sad actually.

I wasn't sure at 1st if it was "real". Maybe staged like mentioned. But if the person has a disease (hoarding in this case) it could be real. All I can say, either way, GROSS!!

The only reason the walls are clean is because you can't get near them!
I think i'm gonna be sick.....
at least they have a fire extinguisher on the coffee table!
(they will probably have to burn the place down to get rid of the smell)

I thought it was staged until I saw the bathroom pics...what IS that on the floor? :yuck:

That is just nasty!

What I thought was wierd though, was that there were no bugs. There should have been an infestation of roaches and ants and maybe some mice.....guess they couldn't stand it either....gross gross gross!

I hope that person gets help, no sane person would live like that.

Hathery said:
I saw that on another board. The person is a hoarder. It's very sad actually.

Yup I was going to say the same thing, it's a disorder a lot of americans deal with everyday. It is sad.

pamperedlinda said:
That is just nasty!

What I thought was wierd though, was that there were no bugs. There should have been an infestation of roaches and ants and maybe some mice.....guess they couldn't stand it either....gross gross gross!

I hope that person gets help, no sane person would live like that.

If you read the posts under the pics they say that the place has fleas and they can't find the cats, they think they are dead in the apt and they have called the ASPCA about it.

I don't think it's staged at all, I've seen alot of shows about hoarders and unfortunately, that's what alot of them look like.

That is just nasty... I think I am going to be sick!

If it's not staged, it is very sad and I hope the person gets help. I can't imagine living like that...

they were late on their rent because they spent all of their money on cigarettes & fast food. :yuck:

dianevill said:
I think it's staged. The walls are too clean!

It looks like the house across the street from us. From the outside you'd never know... (well at least from the front of the house)Social Services has been called over there multiple times, the state forced them to rent a dumpster and clean everything out, three LONG and LARGE dumpsters later...the garage was emptied...didn't even begin to clean the mess in the house. Their walls are fairly clean...

The store their trash on their deck... their pets go potty in the house and they have two small children. Social Services won't do anything, either... the neighbors are up in arms over it, too.

So, I don't think this was staged. Just very sick!

chefsteph07 said:
If you read the posts under the pics they say that the place has fleas and they can't find the cats, they think they are dead in the apt and they have called the ASPCA about it.

I don't think it's staged at all, I've seen alot of shows about hoarders and unfortunately, that's what alot of them look like.

Oh NOOOO... Here kitty, kitty, kitty... I feel terrible! I hope they find the cats- I hope they aren't dead and malnourished. Now I'm sick over missing kitties!

Aw, come on! Would someone be concerned with ironing if they lived like that????

I think its staged
look at how clean the cleaning supplies looked and the shampoo bottles no drips even the neat freak I am has drips on my shampoo bottles

i dated a guy who never wanted me to come over because he was "messy". i did wind up going to his house to get something for him and it looked a lot like the house in those photos. i think he was depressed and some people suffering from depression cannot take care of themselves or their environment. i also agree that the residents may be hoarders.

I know someone like that. sad but true. she needs an intervention.

One of my dearest friends lives like this. As a wedding gift, I "tried", and I say that because that's all I could do, to help her out. It took me 6 hours to just get her kitchen somewhat clean. It was a mess. AWFUL!!!!

Related to Totally off Topic Here but I Had to Share

1. What is "Totally off Topic Here but I Had to Share"?

"Totally off Topic Here but I Had to Share" is a section of our Pampered Chef blog where we share personal stories, funny anecdotes, and other non-food related content. It's a way for us to connect with our customers on a more personal level and share some laughs together.

2. Can I submit my own story or content for "Totally off Topic Here but I Had to Share"?

Yes! We love hearing from our customers and welcome submissions for our "Totally off Topic Here but I Had to Share" section. Just send us your story or idea and we'll review it for possible inclusion in our blog.

3. How often do you post in "Totally off Topic Here but I Had to Share"?

We typically post in this section once a week, but it may vary depending on the content we receive and the availability of our team to write and edit posts. We always strive to bring you fresh and entertaining content, so be sure to check back regularly for new posts.

4. Are the stories in "Totally off Topic Here but I Had to Share" related to Pampered Chef products?

No, the stories in this section are not related to our products. They are simply meant to be fun and relatable to our customers. However, we do occasionally tie in our products or cooking tips in these posts.

5. Can I share the content from "Totally off Topic Here but I Had to Share" on social media?

Absolutely! We encourage you to share our blog posts on social media and tag us so we can see your posts. We love when our customers engage with our content and it helps us reach a wider audience as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies