• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toEat or Not to Eat....that Is My Question!

In summary, the speakers discuss their habits and preferences regarding eating at shows. Some of them bring food and drink, while others only have a drink or nothing at all. Some of them choose to eat if the host offers it, but others decline to avoid offending the host. It also depends on the type of show and their relationship with the host. Some of them eat beforehand, while others eat after the show.

Do you eat at show or not?

• Yes, Doesn't everyone?

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • No, I'm not a guest.

Votes: 50 61.7%
  • Depends on what's there!

Votes: 26 32.1%

• Total voters
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
I'm curious as to what you guys are doing at your shows. Do you fill a plate and eat along with everyone? Do you just take something to drink? I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, just wondering.

I don't usually eat mainly because I eat dinner before going to the show. I do take a drink if offered (or if I get thirsty and just ask :) ) Plus I've seen enough taco rings to last a lifetime! :eek:

Last night I had a really fun show with young married and newly engaged girls. I wasn't hungry and turned down the offer of food. I'm afraid I hurt her feelings because I didn't eat anything.

I will just take a drink if offered. I have been at shows for frineds where I will grab a bite after everyone I don't know leaves.

I usually don't just b/c I don't feel right. Not sure why, maybe b/c my recruiter never ate at my shows. Not sure!

Strictly depends on whose show it is. Sometimes, the host offers to fix me a plate and brings it to me while I'm checking out. I never eat it at that time though. Many times, I'll eat while chatting with the host afterwards (if I know them well).

I put "depends on what's there", but I mean it depends on the host. If I know her well or know the guests then maybe. Sometimes I just don't get to it between mingling with the guests, straightening up, and taking orders.

It also depends on what we demoed. I am extremely picky and while I'll make it I won't eat it. I have to be careful though because I tend to turn my nose up at food I don't like and I don't want people thinking there is something wrong with the food or recipe. Ya know?!:blushing: :rolleyes:

I do if the hostess offers, I figure that is the best way to see what they think. If they don't offer, I don't ask. I will just ask for a glass of ice water. The majority of my hosts offer me a plate.

If the host brings me something, I eat it so I don't appear to be rude. I did have someone ask me once why I wasn't eating - was there something wrong with the food? I try not to eat because I usually make decadent recipes (don't need the extra calories) and I don't want to take money from the host in the way of ingredients.

I think there have been two times in the six years that I've been doing this that I've had something to eat. Both times were when I had never made the recipe before (I know, I'm SO BRAVE) and wondered what it tasted like.

I always ask for a glass of water before I start the show. . .I drink that throughout.

I don't eat dinner before I go. . .I eat when I get home.

chefjeanine said:
I think there have been two times in the six years that I've been doing this that I've had something to eat. Both times were when I had never made the recipe before (I know, I'm SO BRAVE) and wondered what it tasted like.

I always ask for a glass of water before I start the show. . .I drink that throughout.

I don't eat dinner before I go. . .I eat when I get home.
Ditto, exactly here! I don't eat unless I wanted to taste test a recipe and usually it's with a host I know and after everyone has eaten ofcourse ! If it's a stranger of a host then Never!

They always offer a drink so I do take either water, soda or alcohal depending on how well I know the host. :D

Last edited:
Generally, I don't eat at my shows. I'm there to work, not to party with the guests. I use the excuse that I want to make sure there's enough for all the guests.

If I'm friends with the host or I've done multiple shows with her, then I may eat something as I'm cleaning up and pretty much everyone is gone. Otherwise, I find I don't really have time to. I do usually accept a glass of water or something. Again, if it's a friend, I may have a glass of wine if she offers it.:)

I answered it depends on what's there...but I mean it depends on the host and the crowd. There have been shows where I just felt "included" and I knew that if I turned down their offer to sit down and eat with them, I would offend them.

Mostly, though, I don't eat unless I know them very well.

I do ask for water, though, if they don't offer me a drink. My throat gets really dry when talking so much. (I don't think they are being rude by not offering me a drink...I think they are caught up in their show and everyone showing up soon and they forget!!)

The only time I eat at a show is if it is offered and all of the guests have eaten what they want. I am not a guest and don't want to take away from them.

I answered in the negative. I won't say that I've never had a nibble, but I'm working. I'm eating. Neither of those is conducive to eating. Also, I'm diabetic. I watch my food times and quantities very carefully. I eat before the show so I won't bottom out with low blood sugar. After I'm done talking, before I start taking orders, I'll get a glass of water (or, occasionally, soda).If anyone asks why I'm not eating, I explain very briefly about the diabetes. Through the years I've discovered that this explanation leads to fewer "oh, but you need to try a few bites of ___________" comments.

I'm with a lot - I answered it depends.

I usually make a habit to NOT eat at all, but when a host has taken time to prepare a lot of food and asks me more than once to please eat something, I don't want them to feel hurt that I didn't. I usually take a VERY small sampling though.

I will take something to drink when offered as I usually head from work straight to a show and am thirsty by the time I'm done.

I hate the awkwardness of trying to talk to customers and/or eat so even when "persuaded" to eat, like I said above, it is VERY small portions and I try to wait until everyone has checked out.

I have once :blushing: made a recipe for the first time at a show and I had to see if it was as good as they all said!

I doBut I usually buy the ingrediants, so after everyone has their fill, I will have a small amount, if I am hungry at the time that is. And yes if there is leftover, whish is rare, I offer them to the host or else I will take them home.

I tend to get too busy with the show to ever eat anything - I'll usually eat something before I go anyhow. However, if I don't at least drink something during the show - I usually am pretty parched afterwards and always appreciate hosts that offer me a can of pop. If I know that host well - I may eat something as I'm cleaning up usually after most of the guests have left.

For me, it depends on who's show I'm doing. If it's a relative and people I know, I will join in and eat. Sometimes, the host really insists that you mingle with the crowd and have something to eat, so I usually do. But, of course, that's just the kind of environment I live in here.....anywhere you go, you HAVE to eat!!! LOL

Most of my hosts usually make something that really looks good and I always want to give their recipe a try. Usually I don't get a bite until I'm done taking orders though. Many times I've had a host fix me a plate and bring it to me and also fix me a to go plate to bring home.

I chose "No".....although there have been a few exceptions. I'm almost always too busy to eat, plus I do Weight Watchers, so it's just easier to not eat so I don't have to deal with the points.ETA: I have been known to stop by McD's on my way home (when I have a long drive) for a non-fat Latte, though!

Last edited:
Oh nono no! I eat (not much) and drink! It's a party make it feel like you are a part of the party. I am sooooo not uptight about it.If everyone is yumming it up I've got to taste the item! Besides most of my parties have plenty of food. I bring one item already made. And the host buys ingredient for two different things.My last host also was prepping the same time I prepped. She made a couple of her own PC recipes. Bless her heart!

I said no, but will try something at the end after everyone has left or the host asks me to have something.

I rarely eat at shows unless the host is a good friend/relative. I do accept the offer of a beverage.

When I started, my recruiter trained me to only eat if there was enough left over, to make sure the guests and host had plenty. Fortunately, my first several shows were big shows...and consequently, food ran out. I just got in the habit of not eating. Now, it is more a habit than a rule.

I can only remember twice I've eaten and that was because the host insisted, one said I took your keys and you don't leave until you've eaten. she had tons of food and had made me a plate. It was Saturday afternoon in the middle of the boonies (about 3 hours form home) so I ate so I could get home before dark. :)
the other was last month past consultant who wanted me to try her wine cake it was yummy she was flattered I asked her to share the recipe.

I don't eat at all. I want the guests to have more than enough to eat, and to be honest, I don't want bad breath from the onions or garlic that is in the recipe. My guests eat as they walk in the door so I'm talking while they eat. I do drink water through out the show.

Now having said that, I just listened to training CD on the Hispanic Market, and if I have a Hispanic Host I will have to eat - according to the speaker, food is very important culturally, and I wouldn't want to offend the host by not eating!

I also marked no. But like many others have posted, if it is a group that I know really well, I will eat at the very end when we're sitting around visiting.

I put it depends. My shows are usually right after work and I don't have time to eat before I go, so I usually just put a little bit on a plate and set it back, finish my talk and then check people out. If they are all really visiting, etc. I will take a few bites but I will eat when I'm done checking everyone out. And I don't have a drink during my shows... During my 2nd show I spilled my water (because I was nervous and not paying attention to it) so, no drinks for me... I know my limits!

hperschnick said:
And I don't have a drink during my shows... During my 2nd show I spilled my water (because I was nervous and not paying attention to it) so, no drinks for me... I know my limits!

I don't drink during the show either. Since most of my shows are done on card tables and I usually use the food chopper.........you get the picture :rolleyes: I tend to knock two or three things over during my show anyway (!) so, unless it has a sippy lid :D , no drinks for me!

I put depends also. Most of the time I don't, but I've had guests or hosts joke that there must be something wrong with the food if I won't eat it! I try to jokingly say that if I would pack on too many extra pounds if I ate at all my shows. But, if I know the host sometimes I'll eat a small amount of whatever the recipe was. I guess I just play it by ear.

Sometimes they force me to! LOL But as a rule NO I don't eat there. I am busy collecting orders and cleaning up anyway.

I generally dont' eat...... I do always have something drink IE water.. sometimes the host offers me a soda...... But if the host hands me a plate with food on it I dont' turn it down.. I just wait until after everyone has left... except for me and the host.

If I have time I do, but sometimes I do not have time to eat. I try to nibble a little b/c I have had people ask me "Why aren't you eating?" Like if you don't like it why would we like it, HAHA!!!! If I am fixing something that is nt my fav to eat, I will get something and eat on my way to the show in the car.

When I first started I didn't eat. But, I had a round of parties for the same group of ladies and after a few shows they asked me "why don't you ever eat with us". If my host is someone I don't know, then I do not eat until after the guests have finished. While the host is doing her goodbyes I will grab a quick bite if there is anything left...otherwise I go through a drive thru on the way home.

Related to toEat or Not to Eat....that Is My Question!

1. "What do you do at your shows?"

At our shows, we demonstrate how to use our products and provide tips and recipes for easy meal preparation. We also offer special promotions and discounts to our guests.

2. "Do you fill a plate and eat along with everyone?"

It's completely up to the consultant if they would like to eat during the show. Some consultants may eat before the show or may choose to eat during a break. It's not necessary for the consultant to eat with the guests, but they are welcome to do so.

3. "Do you just take something to drink?"

Again, it's up to the consultant if they would like to have something to drink during the show. They may bring their own drink or may accept an offer from the host or guests. It's not necessary for the consultant to have food or drink during the show, but they are welcome to do so.

4. "I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, just wondering."

You're absolutely right, there is no right or wrong answer when it comes to eating at our shows. Our main focus is to provide a fun and informative experience for our guests and to showcase our products. Whether the consultant chooses to eat or not is completely up to them.

5. "Last night I had a really fun show with young married and newly engaged girls. I wasn't hungry and turned down the offer of food. I'm afraid I hurt her feelings because I didn't eat anything."

We understand that every guest has different dietary preferences and needs, and it's completely okay if a consultant chooses not to eat during the show. If a host or guest offers food, the consultant can politely decline and thank them for the offer. It's important for the consultant to focus on providing a great show for the guests and not worry about eating or not eating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • imported_lkprescott
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
imported_lkprescott
  • Shawnna