• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toBring a Coat or Not to Bring a Coat...

In summary, Trish plans to wear a light weight coat to the conference. Deb advises against bringing a coat and recommends bringing layers instead.
DebbieJ
That is the question.

I am not a coat girl. I live in Chicagoland, but just this year bought a coat that will allow me to stay warm. I hate wearning them. I get hot FAST.

The only time I can see needing one is early a.m. or late p.m. when shuttling around from the hotel to convention center and back again.

Can I survive without one? I would need a lighter one, I'm sure, and I don't really own one! I have one that will work, but I'd rather just not bother.

Your thoughts?

You'd probably survive w/out one. It was almost 60 today. :D

But aren't we geting a possible artic front AGAIN! Just kidding

Weather for leadership is Clear Monday and Teusday and Partly Cloudy on Wednesday. Monday High 62/Low 33 Tuesday 56/32 and Wednesday 57/42

Please be aware that our weather can change drasticly in the blink of an eye - But it's usually rather mild in the winter compared the our northern friends. I moved here with my family from New Hampshire over 35 years ago.

I would bring it just in case. Then you will at least have it at the hotel.

I am going to bring one, I would rather have it and not need it!! I am hoping if we do need to wear to the conference they will have a coat check so we don't have to carry it around with us.

I would vote bring it just in case, you never know about Texas weather, lol, reminds me of (one) my cousin's wedding day(s) probably over 10 yrs ago on July 4th, it was kinda murky out, then it all of a sudden started hailing like crazy, then a few hours later it was so nice outside, I guess it should have told her something about her first and definately not last marriage, she has been married 2 more times since then.

Thanks so much for posting this, Debbie, because I'm having the same Dilemma. I decided to bring one, but I can't decide to bring a black leather jacket I have (that I don't really zip up) or my much more informal zip-up fleece that has the PC logo on it. I'm so confused!!! I don't know if I need something as warm as a fleece. I imagine the most I'll really be "outside" is waiting for shuttles and stuff like that. Isn't that what you think?

Exactly--a coat for shuttle waiting? I'm leaning towards no!

And then there's the dilemma of room temps. You just never know in hotel halls and convention centers what it will be! I tend to be HOT, but I'm packing layers just in case. :)

How about just a sweater? That's what I'm doing and also a jacket vest thingy that I picked up at Old Navy.

Oh, I saw one at Victoria Secrets for $10 the other day--that'd work and its cheap!!

jdavis said:
I would vote bring it just in case, you never know about Texas weather, lol, reminds me of (one) my cousin's wedding day(s) probably over 10 yrs ago on July 4th, it was kinda murky out, then it all of a sudden started hailing like crazy, then a few hours later it was so nice outside, I guess it should have told her something about her first and definately not last marriage, she has been married 2 more times since then.
Sounds just like New England!!! LOL!!!

Latest forecast for DFW area (I live in North Richland Hills, TX) is 50-60 highs and 33-36 lows. So, I suggest a jacket or coat.

Trish in Texas
Future Direcotor and Recruiter
Soon to sign #3

Thanks, Trish! Those lows sound pretty low so I guess I'll bring one. :)

I am bringing my pc lined windbreaker and sweaters. I decided not to bring my winter coat. Can't wait to go! Trying to get stuff done around the house today.

Ann

I am packed and ready to head for the airport at 9:30 tomorrow morning. I am wearing a jean jacket, and that's it. I will have blazers, sweaters on the rest of the wek, and I am sure that will be heavy enough.

Sue!! I didn't know you were going! Hopefully we'll run into each other again. :)

I'm bringing a lighter weight coat--we'll see how long it takes before I ditch it. :)

No time to shop for something else at this point.

HAVE SO MUCH FUN YOU GUYS!!! I can't go because my sister just had her baby on Tuesday (in Vegas) and I just can't justify telling her that I have the money to go to Leadership(Way cheaper) and not go to Vegas to see her! I'll post some pics if I can figure it out!!

Hey Deb~I would bring a sweater/jacket!!!:D

Deb, I am staying at the Magnolia Hotel. They have free happy hour. Call my cell phone and maybe we can meet up. You have my card still, right?

Related to toBring a Coat or Not to Bring a Coat...

1. Should I bring a coat to the party?

It's always a good idea to bring a coat to a party, especially if it's during the colder months. Even if the party is indoors, you never know if you'll have to step outside for any reason.

2. What type of coat should I bring to the party?

The type of coat you bring to the party depends on the weather and the type of party. For outdoor parties in colder weather, a heavier coat such as a parka or wool coat would be appropriate. For indoor parties, a lighter jacket or cardigan may suffice.

3. Do I need to match my coat to my outfit?

While it's always nice to match your coat to your outfit, it's not necessary. It's more important to dress appropriately for the weather and the occasion. If you're unsure, opt for a neutral colored coat that can easily match with any outfit.

4. Can I leave my coat in the car during the party?

Leaving your coat in the car during a party is not recommended, especially if it's cold outside. You may need to step outside for a bit or the party may run longer than expected. It's better to have your coat with you in case you need it.

5. What about a coat check at the party?

Some parties may offer a coat check service, but it's always best to come prepared with your own coat. If a coat check is available, it's a nice option to have, but don't rely on it to keep you warm and comfortable throughout the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies