• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tip of Product Melting - Jayme's Troubleshooting Experience

In summary, it sounds like there may be a problem with the product and that you should contact HO about it.
Jayme
Is anyone else having a problem with the tip of this product melting ?? The past two times my husband has used it the product has started to melt. The first was when he used it with a grill pan so it had those little indentions (sp) from that and now he was using it for pancakes and he thought that it was the butter and looked at it and it has melted down the tip of it.

Jayme
Independent Consultant
NC

Hmmmm, no mine hasn't melted. But it sounds like that's something you should be able to get replaced.

Wow! I have never had any of my products melt....well, except for a scraper that fell down on the heating element of my dishwasher! They are heat resistant to 428 or 450 (depending on if you are talking about the older style or the new chef's tools) so that shouldn't happen. I wouldn't allow them to sit in the pan while it's on, though...since it is worded as heat "resistant" and not heat safe. I would call and have it replaced!

Jayme, I noticed the tip looking like it was sorta peeling. Is this melting? I thought it was egg last time because I was frying an egg.

Mine is peeling/melting. I meant to call about it when I had a bunch of other stuff I called about, but forgot. (thanks for reminding me!) Mine melted when I was using it on the grill pan.

Are you all letting it lay into the pan and leaving it there? (You know, flip it over and it's hanging over the side with the tip sitting on the bottom part of the pan?) I hope what I am saying is making sense...

Chef_TK said:
Mine is peeling/melting. I meant to call about it when I had a bunch of other stuff I called about, but forgot. (thanks for reminding me!) Mine melted when I was using it on the grill pan.

Same here, I put it down for less than 5 seconds. I picked something up off the floor & when I picked it up out of the pan there were indentations on it. ( the Grill Pan also)

Ginger428 said:
Same here, I put it down for less than 5 seconds. I picked something up off the floor & when I picked it up out of the pan there were indentations on it. ( the Grill Pan also)
I would certainly call HO about this! I was thinking that if it laid in the pan on the hot surface for an extended amount of time that it may melt, but not the way you are describing! That is NOT RIGHT! Maybe they had a bad batch?

1. What causes products to melt during cooking?

There are a few potential causes for products melting during cooking, including high heat, improper storage, and using the wrong type of cookware. It's important to follow the recommended cooking temperatures and use heat-resistant cookware to avoid melting.

2. How can I prevent my products from melting?

To prevent products from melting, make sure to use the appropriate cookware and follow the recommended cooking temperatures. You can also try using lower heat settings and avoiding direct heat sources.

3. What should I do if my product does melt during cooking?

If your product does melt during cooking, remove it from the heat source immediately and allow it to cool. Depending on the product, you may be able to salvage it by reshaping it or using it in a different dish. If not, it's best to discard the melted product.

4. Are certain products more prone to melting than others?

Yes, some products are more likely to melt during cooking due to their composition. For example, chocolate and cheese are more likely to melt than fruits and vegetables. It's important to use caution when cooking these types of products.

5. Can I still use a product that has been partially melted?

It depends on the product and how much it has melted. If it's just slightly melted, you may be able to reshape it and use it in a different dish. However, if it has melted significantly, it's best to discard it to avoid any potential food safety risks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SummerG
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dollfangs
Replies
Views
cdnmom
  • pampchefsarah
  • Products and Tips
Replies