• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Things to Stop Doing With Pampered Chef in 2009

In summary, participants are planning to reduce their spending in 2009, save money, and avoid relying on their paycheck to cover expenses.
gailz2
Gold Member
And, what will we all want to stop doing in 2009? My first thought is no more than 2 trips to my car to carry into parties, if I have to make 3, I'll cut down my stash.

gailz2 said:
And, what will we all want to stop doing in 2009? My first thought is no more than 2 trips to my car to carry into parties, if I have to make 3, I'll cut down my stash.

oh I am so with you on that one. :yuck:feels like sometimes I spend more time carrying thing then anything else.

I am so glad I made myself only carry what I need to make the recipe and MAYBE the host special depending on what it is if I have not worked it in the recipe. I started doing this while I was pregnant and it was so much easier and I have continue to do it ever since.

I need to realize that I do not NEED all the new items, that I just WANT them and can do without them most of the time. I need to do this to keep more of my commission in my pocket book instead of in my cabinets and on my counters when I do not use most of the sample package I order. I did better with is in 2008 and strive to be evern better in 2009. What I earn is what I NEED, what I earn is what I need, repeat, repeat, repeat.............

jrstephens said:
I am so glad I made myself only carry what I need to make the recipe and MAYBE the host special depending on what it is if I have not worked it in the recipe. I started doing this while I was pregnant and it was so much easier and I have continue to do it ever since.

I need to realize that I do not NEED all the new items, that I just WANT them and can do without them most of the time. I need to do this to keep more of my commission in my pocket book instead of in my cabinets and on my counters when I do not use most of the sample package I order. I did better with is in 2008 and strive to be evern better in 2009. What I earn is what I NEED, what I earn is what I need, repeat, repeat, repeat.............

Totally agree with Jennifer. I carry only what I can fit in my rolling tote and that is it. I too need to cut back on the buying :)

After 8 years of PC and reaching middle age...I have developed tendonitis (sp?) and my energy level is not what is used to be. I too am going to trim even more that what I had before.

And my on going goal of cutting back on procrastination will continue...but not until tomorrow:D:D!!

I am going to stop depending on PC to bail me out when I have overspent my budget for the month. I started PC to save $ for DS's Bar Mitzvah and to fund other extra-ordinary items, not to pay regular bills.

My goal next year is on average 70% of my commission into my savings acct and 30% to save for tax time.

susanr613 said:
I am going to stop depending on PC to bail me out when I have overspent my budget for the month. I started PC to save $ for DS's Bar Mitzvah and to fund other extra-ordinary items, not to pay regular bills.

My goal next year is on average 70% of my commission into my savings acct and 30% to save for tax time.

No doubt, and I second that..we have started depending on my paycheck to pay things and if I have a bad month we all have a bad month..I already told DH that I am going to get a SMALL paycheck on the 22nd and don't expect anything decent until the end of Jan/beginning of Feb.

I started this to make extra money too, not pay bills, but sometimes you get used to the check where you can just say "oh, I'll pay this on the 8th" or whatever and that's what gets you (me) in trouble.

I will stop letting my phone time effect my mood for the evening. If I reach people and have positive responses I'm a happy camper. If I don't reach people or get negative responses LOOK OUT!

No More!

I also agree with you Susan - I will save my PC Paycheck instead of using it to fund monthly "stuff".

I also agree with Jennifer - I don't need everything. I actually started this half-way throught this past year - if I didn't earn it for free - I don't need it.

I agree with you on the trips to the car I too am on almost 9 years with PC and will 50 in May .
Also I need to STOP sendind retuns for people I will do all of the paper work and mail it to them to send it to HO

ltkacz said:
I also agree with you Susan - I will save my PC Paycheck instead of using it to fund monthly "stuff".

I also agree with Jennifer - I don't need everything. I actually started this half-way throught this past year - if I didn't earn it for free - I don't need it.

Exactly what my "booth buddy" says. If I can get it for free, it's the universe's way of saying I don't need it. And if anyone ever saw my house or kitchen, they would know I don't need anything!

That being said, I can't wait to see what we have all earned this SAT!!

I will stop procrastinating. I am happier if I don't!I will stop limiting myself. Being afraid of yeses b/c I don't WANT more shows is just SILLY! I DO want more shows, I just don't want to commit to the dates. So I will control my calendar & make phone calls & know that I can continue to succeed. I figure if I can do this well NOT putting my truest effort in, watch out when I do!

In 2009 I will stop waiting until the end of the year to input expenses in P3.

pkd09 said:
In 2009 I will stop waiting until the end of the year to input expenses in P3.

HA HA HA HA:D I feel better that i'm not the only one who does this...LOL

i intend to treat this they way i meant to from the begining. like something fun to do to get out of the house while DH is deployed. i don't need the money and there is no reason for me to stress out about not doing more than a few shows a month. i'm 25 and found gray hairs mixed in with hair that needs to be colored... that was shocking...

elizabethfox said:
HA HA HA HA:D I feel better that i'm not the only one who does this...LOL

Oh believe me, you aren't the only one...I usually wait till Feb...:cry:

omg Im not the only one that has a billion receipts to put in YES that is another thing I have to stop ,

I love the inputing expenses part. I have to do that sometime in the next week for the whole year; yikes!! Good thing I organize receipts by the month:)

KimberleePowell said:
I love the inputing expenses part. I have to do that sometime in the next week for the whole year; yikes!! Good thing I organize receipts by the month:)

I will try and be better organized, I keep telling myself I'll get to writing those things down but don't. And I have developed a Business Plan for 2009 for my business. 2009 Here I Come!

I will stop letting my emotions get so high and so low when someone says they'll sign....then doesn't for their own reasons. That has really hurt me emotionally...."it's only ketchup" will be my mantra.....LOL

chefsteph07 said:

That is me too! ( I am going to try to start now, so maybe by February, I will be caught up.) It is the same for my personal account as well. UGH!

chefsteph07 said:

Oh dear-I'm so bad I don't even do it at all...

SummerG said:
Oh dear-I'm so bad I don't even do it at all...

How do you record your expenses if you dont do it?

chefsteph07 said:
How do you record your expenses if you dont do it?

I just don't claim my expenses. I know I'm really losing out by not doing it but I just don't have the time to do it.

I save mine in a basket, with intentions of entering them several times throughout the year -- intentions, I said. Maybe next year ...

I haven't been in long enough to have things I need not to do yet. I just want to be earning 300 to 500 a month by my first anniversary.

This is one thing I HAVE managed to get a handle on (maybe the ONLY thing!) I bought four of the three drawer clear files. (see attachment) I label each drawer with a month of the year. I put one of the units near my desk and all of my receipts, etc. go in there. I then can go onto the next month without getting everything all messed up.

Once I input them into PP3, I then have a 3 inch binder with dividers for each month of the year. I 3 hole punch card stock and use 2 sided scotch tape to put each receipt in the binder. Some items (bank statements, commission statement, cell phone bills, internet connection, etc.) just get 3 hole punched and put in the appropreate month. Each item gets a highlight check mark as it is input into PP3.

Sounds like alot of work, but it works so VERY well for me! I am a visual person and a piler. Things in files might as well be in the trash for me. Hope this helps someone!

Attachments

• 78266350.jpeg
    78266350.jpeg
    805 bytes · Views: 242
Sheleif said:
I haven't been in long enough to have things I need not to do yet. I just want to be earning 300 to 500 a month by my first anniversary.

You keep at it and you will achieve your goal!! I wanted to earn just $450 a month and with working full time, it was a while before it was a consistent $450. Now, 8 1/2 years later, I continued to work full time, but grow a team. October's commission check was $2700 and November's was $3000!! Just keep plugging away and you too will get there!

Related to Things to Stop Doing With Pampered Chef in 2009

1. What are the top things I should stop doing with my Pampered Chef products in 2009?

In order to keep your Pampered Chef products in top condition and ensure their longevity, we recommend avoiding the following actions in 2009:

• Using metal utensils on non-stick surfaces
  • Putting stoneware in the dishwasher
  • Using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on stoneware
  • Heating stoneware on the stovetop or grill
  • Storing stoneware with heavy items on top

2. Why should I avoid using metal utensils on non-stick surfaces?

Metal utensils can scratch and damage the non-stick coating on our products, reducing their effectiveness and lifespan. Instead, we recommend using wooden, silicone, or other non-metal utensils to protect your non-stick surfaces.

3. Can I put my stoneware in the dishwasher?

No, we do not recommend putting stoneware in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can damage the stoneware and affect its performance. Hand-washing with mild soap and water is the best way to clean your stoneware.

4. Is it safe to use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on stoneware?

No, using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners can damage the stoneware and potentially transfer harmful chemicals to your food. We recommend sticking to mild soap and water for cleaning your stoneware.

5. Can I use my stoneware on the stovetop or grill?

No, stoneware is not designed to be used on direct heat sources such as stovetops or grills. Doing so can cause the stoneware to crack or break. It is best to use stoneware in the oven or microwave only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Estelene Nichols
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kidzmom55