• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some tips for handling online orders with high shipping costs?

If they are open to talking to you, then you might be able to work something out. If they are rude or uncooperative, then it would be a wasted lead.
DebbieJ
I just got an online activity email and someone ordered ONE PACK of nylon pan scrapers through my site.

Heck, the guy could have called me and I would have mailed them to him for free! Instead he paid $6 shipping on a $1.75 item! CRAZY!!

What a wasted HO lead that was...

DebbieJ said:
I just got an online activity email and someone ordered ONE PACK of nylon pan scrapers through my site.

Heck, the guy could have called me and I would have mailed them to him for free! Instead he paid $6 shipping on a $1.75 item! CRAZY!!

What a wasted HO lead that was...

ROFLMAO - I have had a few like that - you just gotta scratch your head...

Oh my gosh, that's the most ridiculous purchase I've ever heard!!! Whew, don't spend that commission all in one place!:D

That is just totally crazy and a wasted of money!

pamperedbecky said:
Oh my gosh, that's the most ridiculous purchase I've ever heard!!! Whew, don't spend that commission all in one place!:D
LOL!! I was thinking the same thing.

Well...at least he didn't get them on Ebay!!

I think people get so used to ordering online for other companies and paying outrageous s/h, that they just don't give it a thought.

I have you beat! I had someone order the CITRUS PEELER through my website (yeah, what a waste of a HO lead!). Over $7 for a $0.75 item. No wonder people think our products are expensive.

I give those away for free for pete's sake!

BethCooks4U said:
I have you beat! I had someone order the CITRUS PEELER through my website (yeah, what a waste of a HO lead!). Over $7 for a $0.75 item. No wonder people think our products are expensive.

I give those away for free for pete's sake!

I would be compelled to call the customer and ask WHY??? LOL

If they pay shipping for something that small without a thought, I wonder if they have the money to buy the bigger purchases, like stoneware or cookware !!

I say contact them (if they gave that info), and see if there is anything else they were wanting, or even offer to mail him something else small just for paying that much shippng.

That would make you stick out in my mind as a great person to work with. Maybe that would make it not a wasted lead. Just a thought.

Well, my person did not give contact information. If I had contact info I would be careful about how/what I said anything to them though. I wouldn't want them to be embarrassed or upset that they spent the extra money. I might say something like "Let me know when you need anything else and I might be able to save you some on shipping." Of course I would also offer to send a catalog and suggest that free shipping is available with a show. I would take it slow though. Many people who order on line do not want to be "pushed".

Also remember that they knew the shipping cost before they paid. I have had people use the lead system instead of ordering so they could pay less shipping (they TOLD me that). I would not send them something else just because they paid that extra shipping - it's all out of pocket and most of the time it's a dead lead anyway - when I order online I always check the shipping so I can see how much I can buy and keep the same level of shipping price. They weren't spending more.

It all really depends on the conversation you have with them though.

Last edited:

1. What is "theThings People Will Order"?

"theThings People Will Order" is a collection of our top-selling products that have been tried and tested by customers and have consistently received positive reviews. These items are guaranteed to be popular and loved by many.

2. How are the items in "theThings People Will Order" chosen?

Our team carefully selects the items for "theThings People Will Order" based on customer feedback, sales data, and overall popularity. We also take into consideration the quality and usefulness of the products to ensure customer satisfaction.

3. Can I customize the items in "theThings People Will Order"?

No, the items in "theThings People Will Order" cannot be customized as they are pre-selected based on their popularity and quality. However, we offer a wide range of other products that can be personalized to your liking.

4. Are there any discounts or promotions for "theThings People Will Order"?

Unfortunately, there are no specific discounts or promotions for "theThings People Will Order" as these items are already priced competitively based on their popularity and quality. However, we do have ongoing sales and promotions on our website for all of our products.

5. Can I return or exchange items from "theThings People Will Order"?

Yes, you can return or exchange items from "theThings People Will Order" within our standard return policy. However, we are confident that you will love these products and will not need to return them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • kcjodih