• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nerve-Wracking Email Exchange About Cracked Stoneware Warranty

In summary, the conversation involves a customer who bought a stone at a show in 2005 and had it replaced under warranty in 2007. She is now asking for a replacement for another stone that broke, but she does not have the receipt and the original purchase was in 2005, making it out of warranty. The seller explains that the warranty is only for 3 years from the date of purchase and offers a discount for the customer to purchase a new stone. The customer is not happy with this and the seller struggles to find a diplomatic response.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I sent out an email today offering Cash n Carry for my extra inventory. My PC cupboard is 8ft x 4 ft deep with floor to ceiling shelves and it's FULL so I had to make room for the new products.

I get this email from a customer who attended a show in early 2005 and then had one in early 05 as well. She purchased a Vanilla Oval Baker at the show she attended. It broke and she called me in 2007. Somewhere between Feb and June when I moved. I had it replaced under warranty.

She replies to my email today with this - "Also I have a stone that has cracked in half and been sitting here broken for a very long time. Is there any way I could send it back for a replacement? I don't have the receipt but it is no good to me broken."

I reply that if she doesn't have the receipt then I need to know which stone it is, and which show she bought it at and when and then I'll contact HO to find the purchase and get her a ref # for her return and replacement providing it's still under warranty. If they can't find it, she'll need her receipt.

She then replies with this "It is the one I got from you quite a while ago. But it is not even brown and I only used it a couple of times and it broke right in the oven. I don't have the receipt but it is the one I got delivered through the mail through you. The warranty is probably up on it as I only used it once in a blue moon..I am pretty sure I couldn't find the receipt."

So she can't find the receipt and admits it's been replaced once and that it's probably out of warranty! HUH?

I then reply that I remember doing an adjustment for her but don't remember which stone. Please give me more info. Oh yes, and it has a 3 year guarantee.

I get back "It hasn't been 3 years thats for sure. It is the oval one with handles on the end. It is the cream one and I think it is glazed. Thanks for looking as it is not doing me any good in my computer room in two peices"

I then look it up and find that it was purchased in Feb 05 and is indeed out of warranty (only stone she purchased at the two shows - at least from me) I let her know this and get this back....

"So there is nothing I can do to replace a stone that I used only twice...It broke over a year ago so can we not go by that date or no? It would be a pain for me to have to find someone who has bought one in the past 3 years and borrow their receipt...I like the stones but can't afford to replace it myself everytime I get a deffective one."

HUH? Like we're going to use someone else's receipt? And she thinks it's a perpetual guarantee that will start with the replacement? So everyone who has stoneware that's about to expire can just break it, get a new one, and a new 3 year guarantee?

WTH?!?! :eek:

How would you respond to this last bit? I'm stumped of how to be diplomatic!!

I would actually explain that last part. She may think it's 3 years from the time received, which would be NICE, but it's impossible since some people would purposefully break a stone to get a new one even though they work better the older they are.IF they are a customer and I want them to be happy, I offer a discount. Is your host special 60% off any one item right now? B/c I'd call and tell her that I'm glad it happened now b/c she can gather just a few orders and get it for 60% off. Plus, it will come with a new warranty. I don't know if you have the Oval Baker still? If not, I love the Deep Dish Baker even more.

I actually did respond in my last email that it was 3 years from the date of purchase not from the date of replacement and that unfortunately it was out of warranty. Our host special is the same as well but I'm JUST not feeling the love! I haven't heard from her in 4 years except to replace this stone 2 years ago and now she's going on and on. I like your idea of telling her to gather some orders and she can get it for 60% off but I really just can't be bothered. And like you mentioned, it's been discontinued so she'd have to go with the DCB (which is only in cranberry right now) and she hates cranberry.

I think I'm just trying to find a diplomatic way to respond to her last email since she's basically wanting to go with a stone she broke a year ago but never bothered to do anything about and now wants it replaced anyway. She mentioned it's probably out of warranty in her earlier emails, mentioned it broke ages ago, mentioned she had no receipt and then when I confirm all that she wants to change the rules! ARGG!

Let HO deal with her.
Give her the toll free # to call.

Thanks Carolyn! Since I had to get back to her ASAP that's EXACTLY what I did right after posting. Great minds!

I agree, send her to HO, let them deal with her.My favorite part was that she had only used it a couple times but LOVES our stoneware? If you love it so much, you get it replaced.

And had it sitting broken for a YEAR but 'likes our stoneware' ? HUH? And says 'she knows it's out of warranty, can't find receipt...etc, etc

Whatever!

Of course, she works at the local jail and hubby is a doctor. She could easily afford a new one..not that that should matter with a warranty situation but come on now..the warranty is OVER!!

This lady is nuts! LOL I couldn't stand it if my stone was in two pieces for a whole year! It's never happened to me, all my stones are great and in one piece, I never understood how someone's stone can just split in two in the oven. Not that I don't believe her, I have heard it numerous times, maybe a faulty one.

Here is what I would say:
"I am really sorry that I can't help you with getting a new stone since the warranty seems to be up. Maybe if you would have gotten back to me sooner, we could have used the warranty and gotten you a new one. I am sorry for the inconvenience but the rules are in place so that Pampered Chef does not lose out on money from people who purchase items through ebay, craigslist or yard sales, which are not covered on warranty. Also using someone else's receipt is not honest and therefore would be cheating the company. Here is the number to the Home office so that you can call them and see if they can help you with this stone XXX-XXX-XXXX. If they can't help either because of the warranty, please consider gathering at least $150 in orders so that you can get a great host discount this month! Choose any ONE item at 60% off, and it doesn't even have to be a stone! I know you don't care for the cranberry collection so you can choose cookware or a simple additions piece. Thank you for your business and have a great day!"

Debbie Mireles :D

Thanks all! I sent her the number for HO, the number of the show it was purchased on with the show date, and the date of the replacement along with a version of what Debbie said and also asking if she still wanted the product she had requested last night from my cash n carry (had a feeling she didn't LOL), because if not I had two more in line. It was only a product marked down to $7. So she emails back saying thanks for the number for HO, go ahead and sell the product to the next in line, she wasn't interested in anything P Chef until she spoke with them to see what they were going to do for her. If they didn't help her she was done with PC! LOL This wasn't even from PC it was from me!

I just replied with a 'no problem, I'll sell to the next in line, and best of luck with your phone call, take care etc' LOL

What a whacko!

P.S. I did in fact call HO early this morning and mentioned what was going on. They added the information to her purchase so that if she calls they are aware. They said if she mentions the show number (which she will now that I gave it to her) it will automatically come up...tee hee Serves her right trying to cheat the system! ;)

kcjodih said:
Thanks all! I sent her the number for HO, the number of the show it was purchased on with the show date, and the date of the replacement along with a version of what Debbie said and also asking if she still wanted the product she had requested last night from my cash n carry (had a feeling she didn't LOL), because if not I had two more in line. It was only a product marked down to $7. So she emails back saying thanks for the number for HO, go ahead and sell the product to the next in line, she wasn't interested in anything P Chef until she spoke with them to see what they were going to do for her. If they didn't help her she was done with PC! LOL This wasn't even from PC it was from me!

I just replied with a 'no problem, I'll sell to the next in line, and best of luck with your phone call, take care etc' LOL

What a whacko!

P.S. I did in fact call HO early this morning and mentioned what was going on. They added the information to her purchase so that if she calls they are aware. They said if she mentions the show number (which she will now that I gave it to her) it will automatically come up...tee hee Serves her right trying to cheat the system! ;)

LOL Good for you! The nerve of some people! Great job on handling this! It must be a blessing to be able to say goodbye to this whacko.

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
This lady is nuts! LOL I couldn't stand it if my stone was in two pieces for a whole year! It's never happened to me, all my stones are great and in one piece, I never understood how someone's stone can just split in two in the oven. Not that I don't believe her, I have heard it numerous times, maybe a faulty one.

Here is what I would say:
"I am really sorry that I can't help you with getting a new stone since the warranty seems to be up. Maybe if you would have gotten back to me sooner, we could have used the warranty and gotten you a new one. I am sorry for the inconvenience but the rules are in place so that Pampered Chef does not lose out on money from people who purchase items through ebay, craigslist or yard sales, which are not covered on warranty. Also using someone else's receipt is not honest and therefore would be cheating the company. Here is the number to the Home office so that you can call them and see if they can help you with this stone XXX-XXX-XXXX. If they can't help either because of the warranty, please consider gathering at least $150 in orders so that you can get a great host discount this month! Choose any ONE item at 60% off, and it doesn't even have to be a stone! I know you don't care for the cranberry collection so you can choose cookware or a simple additions piece. Thank you for your business and have a great day!"

Debbie Mireles :D

Believe it, mine split in two a few years ago, and NO I did not wait to get it replaced! LOL

Oh, and I forgot to say that I suspect it broke in two because my dear darling wonderful husband had it soaking in dishwater for half a day..or maybe it's a coinkidink...needless to say, he has never done that again...:grumpy:

1. What is "theNerve! Have You Ever?"

"theNerve! Have You Ever?" is a fun and interactive party game that challenges players to answer thought-provoking questions and share personal experiences with their friends and family.

2. How many players can participate in "theNerve! Have You Ever?"

The game can be played with 3 or more players, but it is recommended to have at least 5 players for maximum enjoyment.

3. Is "theNerve! Have You Ever?" appropriate for all ages?

The game is recommended for players ages 17 and up, as some of the questions may touch on mature topics. However, the game is ultimately up to the discretion of the players and can be adjusted to fit the comfort level of the group.

4. Are there different versions of "theNerve! Have You Ever?"

Yes, there are currently 3 different versions of the game available: Original, Party Edition, and Couples Edition. Each version offers unique questions and gameplay to cater to different groups of players.

5. Can I purchase "theNerve! Have You Ever?" through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "theNerve! Have You Ever?" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef's website. You can also find it at select retail stores and online retailers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PC1
  • chefjessicah
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • chefann