• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Theme shows vs one certain recipe a month

Jan 31, 2006
I seem to go back and forth on this one. Theme shows seem more excitingand appealing, but have one certain recipe picked out for a whole month is easier.

Looking for what others feel is best.

fruit76loop

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2005
trying 1 recipe a month...

I have been in the Pampered Chef over 3 years and I have always done different recipes at all of my shows, allowing my hosts to pick from about 6 recipes.:eek:

Well, after I got back from Vienna I decided to give 1 recipe a month a try because of a suggestion from a Director I met there! I started at the beginning of this month!!!

AND I LOVE IT!!! :p It is so much easier. My hosts don't even seem to mind that they don't get to choose. And buying groceries is sooo much easier for me!

I will probably do an occasion theme for my "groupies," but I am sold on the 1 recipe a month!!!:D

R

RachelNguyen

Hi Marlene,

Which recipe did you choose for this month? Inquiring minds want to know!

pchefgirl1982

Novice Member
Apr 10, 2006
1 recipe a month

When I first started PC I was offering my hosts a few different menu choices each month. However, this meant I had to learn how to make each recipe first...which can be really frustrating for a newbie. So, I talked to my director and she suggested making 1 recipe a month and I've had a lot of success with this. My hosts are actually relieved most of the time because it's one last thing they have to worry about. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

-Marie
Allentown, PA

fruit76loop

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2005
RachelNguyen said:
Hi Marlene,

Which recipe did you choose for this month? Inquiring minds want to know!

This month I am doing the Thai Chicken Stir Fry. I always do a microwave cake too. It only adds 5 minutes to the demo and I am able to show either the stoneware or the rice cooker plus Simple Additions and a few other products! I am doing the rice cooker cake with chocolate/chocolate this month.

Next month I am doing the Chicken Enchilada Ring and the Strawberry cheesecake cake. (Gotta do something pink in May!!):D

Jan 31, 2006
Ok, I'm officially sold on one - two specific recipes for each month and I also had that light bulb moment. I can make it a theme for each month. Just like Marlene mentions pink for next month and June is great for outdoor gathering recipes.

Thanks everyone! I guess I always knew the answer, but needed to hear it from other people.

LakesideMom

Mar 27, 2006
This really puts me at ease! NExt month is SS1 for me and I am just dizzy trying to remember everything. The thought of offering recipes I haven't had a chance to try out is too much for me. I've tried out 2 recipes and I'm sticking to them for my first month. You just made my life easier! :)

Jan 31, 2006
LakesideMom said:
This really puts me at ease! NExt month is SS1 for me and I am just dizzy trying to remember everything. The thought of offering recipes I haven't had a chance to try out is too much for me. I've tried out 2 recipes and I'm sticking to them for my first month. You just made my life easier! :)

Great! Also, don;t feel bad if you want to offer the same recipes for the first few months of you business. I did that and people understood I was new. It helped a lot, especially to get comfortable with myself and the products.