• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Themed Shows More Effective Than Regular Shows for The Pampered Chef?

In summary, the host's enthusiasm and the theme of the show play a big role in the success of the show. If the host is enthusiastic, the guests will be as well. If the host is not enthusiastic, the show will not be as successful.
naekelsey
Gold Member
I was wondering if Theme Shows do better than just have a Non-Themed Show.

Does anyone have better results with one or the other?

I think the results of your show depends on your enthusiasm and your host's enthusiasm. If your host wants to do a theme show--do it! You can build her excitement which she in turn will pass on to her guests! Every show can be great regardless of a theme or not! I always try to open to what my host wants to do and have suggestions for theme shows, especially if she doesn't have any idea on what she wants her show to be! Hope this helps!

Since I started making all my shows "theme" shows, my host's enthusiasm about hosting and when telling friends has greatly increased. And, my show attendance and sales and bookings have increased as well. Recipe wise, you really don't need to change anything! A "Girls Night Out" can still be the three cheese garden pizza, lava cake, and cocktails(as per hosts' desire). So can a "Real Food, Real Fast" theme or an "Italian Made Easy". You can make the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder for a "Soup&Slippers" or a "Girls Night Out" or a "Comfort Foods" theme.
The idea is simply to add excitement for the "party".

Hi,

I just booked my first cooking show for February 8th and the host and I want a Valentine theme. Does anybody have any good suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited:
What a good idea. I didn't even think to twist it to make it a Themed Party. One of my hosts in March wants to call it a Girls Cocktail Get Together so she would get more people there, although I will be making the same thing I will be making in March. (haven't figured that out yet)... That should have been my "light bulb"..

I saw another good one the other day. A Girls PJ and movie night where they can get back, relax watch the movie and shop. :)

chefgailrice said:
I saw another good one the other day. A Girls PJ and movie night where they can get back, relax watch the movie and shop. :)

A great recipe for the movie night is the Sweet & Salty Party Mix that was in the f/w 2010 catalog. And of course the mai tai recipe from a few s/b's back! Top it all off with a lava cake in the dcb-all the girls will be lovin' it!

chefgailrice said:
Hi,

I just booked my first cooking show for February 8th and the host and I want a Valentine theme. Does anybody have any good suggestions? Thanks.

For Valentine's Day you could go a couple routes...Chocolate Lovers (make the chocolate fondue from the "All the Best" and of course the Lava cake in the dcb).
Or, you could do a "He'll Fall In Love With You All Over Again" Party. Make the 20-minute ribs or the southwest meatloaf or some other "man" food. Have the idea be to teach the ladies a new recipe they'll then be able to make for their man on Valentine's Day. Both these recipes are in the dcb and fabulous:love:

Do you find the lava cake difficult to make? This is my third show, would you recommend I make it or stick to something more simple. I know the training videos seem to urge simple for a while. And, how do you pull off a $1400 show? Good job.

chefgailrice said:
Do you find the lava cake difficult to make? This is my third show, would you recommend I make it or stick to something more simple. I know the training videos seem to urge simple for a while. And, how do you pull off a $1400 show? Good job.

The lava cake is THE EASIEST RECIPE ON THE PLANET!!!!!

Ingredients:
1 box devil's food cake mix, plus ingredients to make (oil, water, egg)
1 can pre-made chocolate icing

Directions:
1. Mix cake mix as directed on box, using the stainless whisk (do not use electric mixer). Mix until well blended but no need to be picky about it!
2. Pour it into the dcb (or even simply mix it up in the dcb!)
3. Use medium scoop to plop blobs of chocolate frosting relatively evenly on top of cake batter in dcb
4. Bake in microwave uncovered for 12 minutes.

It will pull away from sides and jiggle in dcb cuz it's floating on all the "lava" goodness!!!

Serve with either a mix n scraper or the beaded serving spoon.

Sell tons and tons and tons of dcb!!!

Thank you so much, you have been so helpful. That is easy, I thought from the photo I had been seeing it was difficult. Easy and pretty doesn't get better than that. :)

I had two kids 6 and 8 yrs old that were in attendance at one of my shows make the lava cake. I just read off the recipe and let them pour, mix and plop icing right in the DCB. They thought it was the coolest thing. I had the older one put it in the microwave (should have seen the look on his face when I said 'microwave'). Only thing I did was take it out of the microwave since it was hot.

While the cake was cooking I started asking the kids questions about what foods they liked and told the adults how that food could be easily fixed in the DCB and could be done so by the hands of these two young'uns.

I sold 2 bakers (one of them to the kids mom)

Thanks so much for sharing that with me. I was sort of thinking along those lines too. My daughter and my host daughter take horse lessons together so I was thinking about asking the host if she wants to have her daughter invite a few girls and they could join in the party BUT now that I thinking about that out loud that might be a better opportunity for like a second show and just make it teen show. I don't have the DCB yet but I dying for it but will borrow my team leaders. I am intriqued by all tihis microwave cooking, I haven't cooked much in the microwave either

I've been doing the bacon stuffed meatloaf in the DCB for my husband a lot lately. I'm hoping to have my yoga instruct host a party and I'm going to make it for that. I made it lower calorie, but it still tastes so good that my husband doesn't really care. I figure my yoga instructor would be perfect for doing this recipe at her house because she's always talking about eating healthy and a lot of the girls in yoga class (who would come to the party) say that they can't make healthy stuff because their husbands don't like it. If the weather cooperates for the party, I might do grilled asparagus in the grill basket as a side. Maybe if one of the husbands is there I'll give him the grilling stuff and let him do it :) That's how my husband became convinced that he needed the grill tools.

By the way, the link for the healthier version of the meatloaf is here: http://itsanewyearforme.blogspot.com/2012/01/bacon-stuffed-bbq-meatloaf.html

Last edited:
sailorsarah said:
I've been doing the bacon stuffed meatloaf in the DCB for my husband a lot lately.
By the way, the link for the healthier version of the meatloaf is here: http://itsanewyearforme.blogspot.com/2012/01/bacon-stuffed-bbq-meatloaf.html

I would love the recipe for bacon stuffed meatloaf....could you post it? I can't get the link to work.

Thanks!

Kat212 said:
I would love the recipe for bacon stuffed meatloaf....could you post it? I can't get the link to work.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure this is the same one she posted about just on her new website:

Bacon and Cheese Meatloaf « The Man Approved Diet

She's redone a lot of PC recipes to make them lower fat and lower calorie while still being tasty enough for her husband to eat. Yum!

Shari in TX

I agree that you don't have to go crazy restructuring your show and recipes to make it a theme. People just want to have fun! Plus I think it can help bookings because they think a different theme denotes a different demo. Oh- this is a PC Myth-got to post it.

1. What is the difference between a theme show and a regular show?

A regular show is a standard Pampered Chef party where a consultant presents a variety of products and recipes. A theme show is a more specific type of party with a designated theme, such as a holiday, specific product line, or cooking technique.

2. Can I still purchase products at a theme show?

Yes, you can still purchase products at a theme show just like you would at a regular show. However, the theme may influence the types of products and recipes that are featured.

3. Do I have to pay extra for a theme show?

No, there is no additional cost for a theme show. The only difference is the focus on a specific theme, but all of the same benefits and perks of a regular show still apply.

4. Can I choose the theme for my theme show?

Yes, you can work with your consultant to choose a theme that best fits your interests and needs. Consultants have a variety of themes to choose from, or they can work with you to create a custom theme.

5. Are there any special incentives for hosting a theme show?

Yes, there may be special incentives or promotions for hosting a theme show, depending on the current offers from Pampered Chef. Your consultant will be able to provide more information on any current promotions for hosting a theme show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • twilcox
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tiara Smith
  • Liz Bradshaw