• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director The Power of a Simple Idea: How a Party Guest Changed the Course of My Show

In summary, the cookware demonstration was a success because it showed people how the pan slides off and how to do rice without any ingredients.
baychef
Silver Member
Last Friday I had a party and one of the guests inquired about the cookware. I had the 10" Exec. pan with me. I heated a slice of American cheese on it, browned/ burned it slightly. Then with a small bamboo spoon, showed them how it slides off.

The person interested said...you should do that at every party and I bet people would really be interested in your cookware. It made me realize that there have been very simple ideas such as this one that I have left out of my show. I like to change things up, but this is one that I really should go back to doing for awhile again.

And...she booked a January party in hopes of earning enough to get the cookware at a discount. :party:

Thanks for the reminder, Ann! I have never done that at a show, but I will. I would like to boost my cookware sales.

It didn't stink up the place? I always heard that's why consultants don't do that demo anymore because of the smell. I'll have to try that one!

pamperedbecky said:
It didn't stink up the place? I always heard that's why consultants don't do that demo anymore because of the smell. I'll have to try that one!

Not as long as you remember not to cook at too high a temperature. If you cook too high, you will ruin the pan, and it will cause fumes the likes of which you would never believe. Did this with my very first Professional Small Saute Pan years ago in my first month as a consultant. If they'd had a bird, it would have been DEAD.

Another great way to showcase the cookware without any ingredients whatsoever is with ice. Shows how the temperature diffuses evenly, even up the sides of the pan with no hot spots.

I watched it like a hawk (didn't croak from the fumes either :D)! You have to watch the edges and you can see when it is ready. You can do rice too. I used to do this and the entire thing slid out of the pan (it was quite impressive and that was with Gen. II pans).

Funny story was when I did this demo with rice and the kitchen was in the next room. It was a gas stove and I knew it had been on the burner long enough so I went in and turned it off. I wasn't quite ready to bring it out. Soon after the host wanted to know if I intended to burn the rice and I proudly said yes but told her I turned the burner off so it wouldn't stink. Well she smiled and said, well you actually turned the burner up on high instead!! :rolleyes:The rice was completely black (there was no white on this rice!!) Some of the rice did stick and it took a long time of soaking to get it out. I still use the pan today!

I did the rice demo last week same way. Amazing. No takers on the cookware though.

It will plant booking seeds and future purchases, however.It will be easier to book a month when cookware is on sale.

Way to have a positive outlook Ann!! There a future thinker. And I don't mean a thinker in the making for the future, but a person with vision!

1. What is "The Power of a Simple Idea" about?

"The Power of a Simple Idea" is a book written by Pampered Chef consultant and director, Doris Christopher. It tells the story of how one simple idea from a party guest transformed the entire course of her show and ultimately helped her build a successful career with Pampered Chef.

2. How did the party guest's idea change the course of the show?

The party guest suggested that instead of just selling kitchen tools, Doris should also teach guests how to use and care for the products. This led to the development of the interactive cooking shows that are now a signature aspect of Pampered Chef parties.

3. What are some key lessons from the book?

The book highlights the power of listening to customers and being open to new ideas. It also emphasizes the importance of taking risks, staying true to your vision, and continuously learning and adapting in a rapidly changing business landscape.

4. Is this book only for those in the direct sales industry?

No, "The Power of a Simple Idea" is a book that can benefit anyone in any industry. The lessons and principles discussed in the book are applicable to all types of businesses and can inspire readers to think creatively and strive for success.

5. Can this book help me improve my own business or career?

Yes, "The Power of a Simple Idea" offers valuable insights and practical advice for entrepreneurs, business owners, and professionals looking to grow and thrive in their careers. It provides a unique perspective on how one small idea can have a big impact and how to harness the power of innovation to achieve success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • Sheila