• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant That Emiscookin and All Her Questions!!!

In summary, Sarah asks great questions and I enjoy seeing her name listed under a thread topic. Sarah and I both laugh when she apologizes for asking them. Sarah is learning a lot from listening to the answers to other's questions. All of the forum members are great and Emiscooking, I live in AZ too, but far from you (Marana, NW of Tucson). We may meet one of these days.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
I LOVE seeing her name listed under a thread topic!:love::love:

Em, you ask great questions, and I truly do like to open new threads you start. I bet a lot of people (both newbies and experienced) have at least once thought "hey, I want to know that, too! I'm glad she asked.":thumbup:

Sarah, I'm cracking up at this post! I first saw it and was like, "Oh no she didn't!" and for a moment I thought this had turned into the sister site.

leftymac said:
Sarah, I'm cracking up at this post! I first saw it and was like, "Oh no she didn't!" and for a moment I thought this had turned into the sister site.

We have a site for nuns?

"Stop the Banter! Stop, stop, stop the Banter"

Sarah..I do agree..she does ask some great questions..I do have to laugh when she apologizes for asking them..LOL.

I love them..keep them coming..I have been doing this for 6 1/2 years..and I am learning from her thread as well.

I always open them if I see that they were started by her..

RMDave said:
We have a site for nuns?

"Stop the Banter! Stop, stop, stop the Banter"

Excuse me while I pick myself up from the floor, and wipe my streaming eyes!:D

pampchefsarah said:
Excuse me while I pick myself up from the floor, and wipe my streaming eyes!:D

Been cutting onions again? Try our Food Chopper, its turns your kitchen into a No Tears zone!

Phhttt, don't you know a good cry is good for the soul?

That Emiscookin and all her questions!!! and all that great CS support!!!!Hi Everyone,
I'm a newbie, and not even a real newbie; I plan to sign up in September. So mostly I just am reading everything I can...

And I love love love emiscookin partly because she asks such great questions and partly because it gives you folks the chance to show what a great community you are!

I have learned so much in the last week from lurking on this site. My sweetie is hoping I'll change my mind about becoming a consultant, because of wanting me to take some time off after I (finally!) finish my degree, so doesn't want to talk about it much...

BUT I am learning so much from "listening" to all of you and the warm and gentle way you help her that I can't wait to join the PC community!

All of you in this forum are so great. You are generous with your time, your energy and your knowledge.

and Emiscooking, I live in AZ too, but far from you (Marana, NW of Tucson)....maybe we'll meet one of these days.

My thanks and wishes for much success to all of you,
Marghi

Welcome BlueMoon to the CS community, and I look forward to welcoming you to the PC family in September!

Welcome. Listening in on the answers to others' questions is how most of us started out learning here. Other than time, what are your sweetie's concerns? We might be able to help alleviate some of them. I know The Furry Guy was supportive but was afraid I'd never get bookings because we live in the geographical center of nowhere.

Welcome. Listening in on the answers to others' questions is how most of us started out learning here.

Other than time, what are your sweetie's concerns? We might be able to help alleviate some of them. I know The Furry Guy was supportive but was afraid I'd never get bookings because we live in the geographical center of nowhere.

Lefty..I'm right with ya...I was thinking "RANT???" hahahahaha
I'm loving the questions...keep 'em coming emiscookin!!!! (and quit apologizing for it!) :)

I really hope she views your actual thread and doesn't just see the title! yikes!Asking questions is a good thing...because there is always someone out there who has the same question (or will), and then there are those of us who need reminded of the basics sometimes! :D

Sarah - such a snot! You certainly know how to get our attention! I just spotted this thread and I was with Keith! I thought the very same thing. I have been a consultant for 10 years and I never, ever come out here and not learn something new! It is amazing that questions are asked that answer a question that sometimes I did not realize I had. I know, it sounds weird but you know how you have a situation and just can not quite put your finger on the actual question(s) to ask? Well, that's what I mean. And a fresh look on the same old problems is always good to see! So I too thank "em" for asking! And everyone else for that matter! Oh and "em", on the back of the OOF you could print out the shipping table shown on the back of the three part order form. That would still be much less bulky to mail to the host but still get the rates to them. I found a different problem with shipping those three parts to hosts, if the post office miss handles the package, sometimes the copies end up all smudged up and almost unreadable. And that is even with putting them between something else so they do not sit on the outside part of the package! I even used cardboard once. There was not one of them that the yellow copy was any good by the time it got to the host! UGH!

raebates said:
Other than time, what are your sweetie's concerns? We might be able to help alleviate some of them. I know The Furry Guy was supportive but was afraid I'd never get bookings because we live in the geographical center of nowhere.

Thanks, Rae.

A lot of it is time, feeling like I work "too hard"--I do, but this seems like FUN!. Also, I think there is a perception that I am not very outgoing, and may have a hard time finding bookings. I've thought about this a lot. I have friends who will get me started, and I am trying to get the word out now.

and if I can make a fun party, I think this will resolve. People need to have fun, if they see that they have a good time at my parties, they will book for their own house. ALso if I see my parties as fun, it will be easier to ask for the business.

But I did try another DirectSales (?) definitely MLM years ago (like 15) but that was getting people to enroll and commit to a certain amount every month, I really did not do well with that... I worked really hard, did not have fun, and really got nowhere.

So that's why my SO is worried about. And that I'll get my feelings hurt, maybe a little about money (putting too much in).

I'm a little unsure about my recruiter, but I think she is just keeping a low profile to not be pushy--I approached her. She has 8 years in, I think she is pretty successful. Not sure what to ask her about coaching and support. Also I plan to sign in Sept, my friend who booked at my party has hers in Sept--should I ask my recruiter if I can do my friend's party?

Marghi

I'd absolutely ask to sign sooner and do your friend's show. I've done other direct sales. Pampered Chef has been my most successful. It is such a good line that it does sell itself. It seems to me that you have a wonderful attitude, so I'm sure you'll do well. You're right--if you're having fun the bookings will come. Just be sure to actually ask everyone.

esavvymom said:
I really hope she views your actual thread and doesn't just see the title! yikes!

Asking questions is a good thing...because there is always someone out there who has the same question (or will), and then there are those of us who need reminded of the basics sometimes! :D

Bobbi, I'm worried abou that, too! So far Em hasn't responded, so I don't know if she's even opened the thread. Someone should tell her to come see how much she is appreciated.

pampchefsarah said:
Bobbi, I'm worried abou that, too! So far Em hasn't responded, so I don't know if she's even opened the thread. Someone should tell her to come see how much she is appreciated.

maybe send her a PM? Let her know you weren't serious?? I know she's been online. Poor thing! You scared her! ;)

Sarah has scared another Cheffer... hehe... :)

Oh my gosh!! :blushing: Thanks for your PM Sarah! You scared me a little when I saw the thread title but...it turned out that this thread ended up making my day! You all are SO sweet everyone!! I am lost for words. {Hugs} to all of you!

BlueMoon said:
Hi Everyone,

And I love love love emiscookin partly because she asks such great questions and partly because it gives you folks the chance to show what a great community you are!

and Emiscooking, I live in AZ too, but far from you (Marana, NW of Tucson)....maybe we'll meet one of these days.

Thanks BlueMoon. :) You know what's funny, we had dinner in Marana tonight (coming back from Phoenix from my best friend's wedding!). My husband is in the National Guard unit over there. We live in Huachuca City (more like Whetstone) which is pretty close to Benson. So, we really aren't that far from each other! So cool!!!

pampchefsarah said:
I LOVE seeing her name listed under a thread topic!:love::love:

Em, you ask great questions, and I truly do like to open new threads you start. I bet a lot of people (both newbies and experienced) have at least once thought "hey, I want to know that, too! I'm glad she asked.":thumbup:

Aww. You're too sweet. Like I said before, this thread has just made my day!

mailgirl1978 said:
Lefty..I'm right with ya...I was thinking "RANT???" hahahahaha
I'm loving the questions...keep 'em coming emiscookin!!!! (and quit apologizing for it!) :)

I'll try. ;)

pampered1224 said:
Sarah - such a snot! You certainly know how to get our attention! I just spotted this thread and I was with Keith! I thought the very same thing. I have been a consultant for 10 years and I never, ever come out here and not learn something new! It is amazing that questions are asked that answer a question that sometimes I did not realize I had. I know, it sounds weird but you know how you have a situation and just can not quite put your finger on the actual question(s) to ask? Well, that's what I mean. And a fresh look on the same old problems is always good to see! So I too thank "em" for asking! And everyone else for that matter! Oh and "em", on the back of the OOF you could print out the shipping table shown on the back of the three part order form. That would still be much less bulky to mail to the host but still get the rates to them. I found a different problem with shipping those three parts to hosts, if the post office miss handles the package, sometimes the copies end up all smudged up and almost unreadable. And that is even with putting them between something else so they do not sit on the outside part of the package! I even used cardboard once. There was not one of them that the yellow copy was any good by the time it got to the host! UGH!

Thank you for the compliments and info. :)

colegrovet said:
Sarah has scared another Cheffer... hehe... :)

Nope. I'm still here. And always will be ;)

Seriously, thanks everyone. I was smiling and laughing (in a good way) throughout the whole thread! I'm so glad I found this forum and have been able to interact with such wonderful people who are so willing to help me and answer my questions! {hugs} to all of you!!

BlueMoon said:
Thanks, Rae.

A lot of it is time, feeling like I work "too hard"--I do, but this seems like FUN!. Also, I think there is a perception that I am not very outgoing, and may have a hard time finding bookings. I've thought about this a lot. I have friends who will get me started, and I am trying to get the word out now.

and if I can make a fun party, I think this will resolve. People need to have fun, if they see that they have a good time at my parties, they will book for their own house. ALso if I see my parties as fun, it will be easier to ask for the business.

But I did try another DirectSales (?) definitely MLM years ago (like 15) but that was getting people to enroll and commit to a certain amount every month, I really did not do well with that... I worked really hard, did not have fun, and really got nowhere.

So that's why my SO is worried about. And that I'll get my feelings hurt, maybe a little about money (putting too much in).

I'm a little unsure about my recruiter, but I think she is just keeping a low profile to not be pushy--I approached her. She has 8 years in, I think she is pretty successful. Not sure what to ask her about coaching and support. Also I plan to sign in Sept, my friend who booked at my party has hers in Sept--should I ask my recruiter if I can do my friend's party?

Marghi

Marghi, I am SO not outgoing either! I mean, I am once I get talking with someone who approached ME, but to approach a complete stranger and start talking...I get nervous! ;) We will learn to come out of our shells though. I'm working on expanding my business outside of my circle of friends as well.

I gotta tell you, I totally understand what you're going through with your hubby's concerns! My husband was very worried too when I told him I was thinking about becoming a consultant for The Pampered Chef. Because, like you, I did a previous home business (Heritage Makers) where I made NO money, had the wrong audience, the products were WAY TOO OVERPRICED, consultants had to pay FULL PRICE for everything, and most of all, I lost $300 for the starter kit. :( I ended up selling it to another consultant for about half the price. I was devastated! It burned me so bad...that for a while I didn't want to even consider being a part of a direct selling company again! It didn't help that all that happened while my sweetheart was deployed!!

He heard all about my horrible experience through my tears over the phone and he was very sad. :( He expressed to me many times that he didn't want me to get burned again. He was being a loving husband, like your husband is being.

The funny thing is, before I became a consultant for HM, I attended my very first Pampered Chef party my next door neighbor invited me to. I LOVED it! I told her I wanted to Host a show so I did and I had a killer party! I got lots of free stuff! I keep telling myself, I should have joined PC then. But...it just wasn't the right time. I joined up with HM to help my sister-in-law who was an amazing consultant and was sad that I ended up not being able to help her at all. :(

Moral of this story: While it is very sweet to try and help out a family member or friend, you need to really think about (and pray about) whether the decision you make it what's best for YOU! Will it be the RIGHT thing for you? I definitely did that this time around while considering PC.

Anyway, Once I got started with PC and told my husband all the little successes I was having each day, he became happier and happier for me and...relieved! ;) When I told him my very first commission check is going to be for $300 he couldn't believe it!!! He was so AMAZED and at the same time so proud of me! :) I know he supports my decision more fully now, because he was able to see that there ARE better direct selling companies out there where people can be successful and the company takes care of them.

LOL...sarah and dave had me laughing! Love starting my day with some fun and giggles! I knew it had to be a joke, Sarah is too kind and considerate for it to have been serious.

Aww, Laurie, you're so sweet!

Related to That Emiscookin and All Her Questions!!!

1. How did "That Emiscookin" get started?

"That Emiscookin" began as a personal blog where I shared my love for cooking and my favorite recipes. As I gained a following, I decided to partner with Pampered Chef to bring even more delicious ideas to my readers.

2. What type of recipes can I find on "That Emiscookin"?

I share a variety of recipes on my blog, from quick and easy weeknight meals to decadent desserts. Many of my recipes also feature Pampered Chef products, making it easy to recreate them in your own kitchen.

3. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products through "That Emiscookin"?

Yes, you can! I have a direct link to my Pampered Chef website on my blog where you can browse and purchase products. By purchasing through my link, you are supporting my business and allowing me to continue creating delicious recipes for you.

4. Do you offer any cooking tips or tutorials?

Absolutely! Along with sharing recipes, I also provide helpful tips and tutorials for using Pampered Chef products and techniques in the kitchen. I want to help make cooking fun and easy for everyone.

5. Can I request a specific recipe or cooking topic?

Of course! I love hearing from my readers and am always open to suggestions. You can reach out to me through my blog or social media channels and I will do my best to create a recipe or post on your requested topic.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
LindyLou1254
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • jcsmilez