• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Teflon? Dupont Autograph Coating?

In summary, Dupont Autograph is a top of the line cookware that is custom formulated to stand up to constant use and expectations by avid/gourmet cooks. It is designed to be scratch-resistant and is made with a baked on non-stick coating.
Deeder
What is the difference? I have some people who are concerened about Teflon and I need to know what the difference is between teflon pans and ours. Can anyone help?

Teflon is an early version of nonstick coating. Autograph is several generations more advanced (like the difference between a Model T and a Mustang). Your best source for valid descriptions and information is probably the DuPont website.

Autograph®
The best DuPont™ Teflon® non-stick
Top of the line cookware
Custom formulated
Designed to stand up to constant use and expectations by avid/gourmet cooks

This is directly from the Teflon/Dupont Website - I would assume Autograph is included as Tephlon from the description

When I am talking about the Dupont Autograph Coating I tell my guest's that "if DuPont is good enough for NASCAR, it great for us in the kitchen!"

Yes I love NASCAR. :)

I was taught that our non-stick is baked on rather than sprayed on & therefore one could (but shouldn't) technically scrape the pans with a metal fork & the coating would stay put!Don't know if that's true, but that was our training from HO!

peichef said:
I was taught that our non-stick is baked on rather than sprayed on & therefore one could (but shouldn't) technically scrape the pans with a metal fork & the coating would stay put!

Don't know if that's true, but that was our training from HO!

Thats what I was taught also & I tell my customers the same...

I love Nascar as well and thats a great great line!!!

There is a thread out there somewhere where a woman from NY state sells cookware like MAD and she does a 30 min tele-conference just about the Executive cookware, well worth your time!!

But I dont know where it is...sorry.

pampered.chris said:
There is a thread out there somewhere where a woman from NY state sells cookware like MAD and she does a 30 min tele-conference just about the Executive cookware, well worth your time!!

But I dont know where it is...sorry.

Its probably Lisa Amblo...

that sounds right!! If you have the opportunity you MUST listen to her call. In fact make it a priority. This is GREAT info!!

pamperedpals said:
When I am talking about the Dupont Autograph Coating I tell my guest's that "if DuPont is good enough for NASCAR, it great for us in the kitchen!"Yes I love NASCAR. :)
I love eating my eggs off of discarded NASCAR tailpipes, but I never new they were made by Dupont! Now that I know it's Dupont that NASCAR used to source their tailpipes I can rest assured their cookware's safe for me and my family! I don't have to worry about this article anymore: https://theintercept.com/2015/08/11/dupont-chemistry-deception/I'm ready to burn some teflon asphalt baby! Who's with me?

Last edited:

1. What is Teflon?

Teflon is a brand name for a type of non-stick coating that is used on cookware. It is made from a synthetic polymer called polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE).

2. Is Teflon safe to use for cooking?

Yes, Teflon is safe to use for cooking as long as it is not overheated. When heated above 500°F (260°C), Teflon can release fumes that may be harmful to humans and pets. However, as long as it is used within its recommended temperature range, Teflon is safe for cooking.

3. How do I clean Teflon-coated cookware?

Teflon-coated cookware can be cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can damage the non-stick coating. It is also important to avoid using metal utensils on Teflon-coated cookware as they can scratch the surface.

4. What is Dupont Autograph Coating?

Dupont Autograph is a type of Teflon coating that is specifically designed for high-performance cookware. It is made from multiple layers of non-stick material, making it more durable and resistant to scratches and abrasions.

5. How long does Teflon coating last on cookware?

The lifespan of Teflon coating on cookware can vary depending on usage and care. On average, Teflon can last for 3-5 years before it starts to show signs of wear and tear. It is recommended to replace Teflon-coated cookware once the non-stick coating begins to flake or peel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefani
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
agw
  • PC Latoya