1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Teflon? Dupont Autograph Coating?

1. Deeder

Deeder Member

What is the difference? I have some people who are concerened about Teflon and I need to know what the difference is between teflon pans and ours. Can anyone help?

Aug 6, 2008
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Teflon is an early version of nonstick coating. Autograph is several generations more advanced (like the difference between a Model T and a Mustang). Your best source for valid descriptions and information is probably the DuPont website.

Aug 6, 2008
  3. Belle4562

Belle4562 Member

Autograph®
    The best DuPont™ Teflon® non-stick
    Top of the line cookware
    Custom formulated
    Designed to stand up to constant use and expectations by avid/gourmet cooks

This is directly from the Teflon/Dupont Website - I would assume Autograph is included as Tephlon from the description

Aug 6, 2008
  4. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

When I am talking about the Dupont Autograph Coating I tell my guest's that "if DuPont is good enough for NASCAR, it great for us in the kitchen!"

Yes I love NASCAR. :)

Aug 6, 2008
  5. peichef

peichef Veteran Member

I was taught that our non-stick is baked on rather than sprayed on & therefore one could (but shouldn't) technically scrape the pans with a metal fork & the coating would stay put!

Don't know if that's true, but that was our training from HO!

Aug 6, 2008
  6. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Thats what I was taught also & I tell my customers the same...

Aug 6, 2008
  7. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

I love Nascar as well and thats a great great line!!!

Aug 6, 2008
  8. pampered.chris

pampered.chris Veteran Member Gold Member

There is a thread out there somewhere where a woman from NY state sells cookware like MAD and she does a 30 min tele-conference just about the Executive cookware, well worth your time!!

But I dont know where it is...sorry.

9. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Its probably Lisa Amblo...

Aug 6, 2008
  10. pampered.chris

pampered.chris Veteran Member Gold Member

that sounds right!! If you have the opportunity you MUST listen to her call. In fact make it a priority. This is GREAT info!!

11. Greg

Greg

I love eating my eggs off of discarded NASCAR tailpipes, but I never new they were made by Dupont! Now that I know it's Dupont that NASCAR used to source their tailpipes I can rest assured their cookware's safe for me and my family! I don't have to worry about this article anymore: https://theintercept.com/2015/08/11/dupont-chemistry-deception/

I'm ready to burn some teflon asphalt baby! Who's with me?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Aug 20, 2017
Have something to add?