• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Have to Pay Self-Employment Tax Separate From Income Tax?

In summary, as a self-employed consultant, you are responsible for paying self-employment tax on your income in addition to regular income tax. The Schedule SE form calculates this tax and it's important to pay it on all of your income, including any winnings from a shopping spree. However, you can deduct business-related expenses, such as gifts to hosts, before calculating the self-employment tax. The Business Activity Code for Pampered Chef consultants is usually 454390. It's always a good idea to confirm this with your tax preparer or the IRS.
pampchefrhondab
Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to finish my taxes before Tuesday (I know nothing like waiting until the last minute). I'm using a software program so I'm not sure how all of this works since I'm not reading through some of the books, but do I have to pay a self employement tax separate from the tax that is already charged on the income? That's what the form seems to be doing, but it's giving me a 1/2 credit. If this is the case, do I have to pay that on what I won from my shopping spree? I haven't finished entering my deductions yet, so some of this will be deducted from gifts I've given to hosts.

Another question - what is the Business Activity Code we are supposed to use? I couldn't find any info. on this. I think someone asked this before, but I couldn't find it when I did a search.

Any help you can give me would be very much appreciated :).

Shopping spree, I believe you would be able to put that back into Kit Enhancement part of your taxes, where you use those products either as gifts or to show your guests, so it would be a wash.

For other parts, sorry I can't help.

I'm also not done with my taxes :eek:

Lisa

Can't help you but can sympathize. My husband just did the basics of our taxes but left entering the expenses to me so now I know what I'll be doing tomorrow as I'm out of town this weekend.

If you reinvested the products from the spree into your business, you claim the income (as it's on the 1099) but also the expense value since it's reinvested. HTH. That saved me a ton!

Hi there!

I understand the stress of trying to finish taxes before the deadline, but don't worry, I'm here to help. As a self-employed consultant, you are responsible for paying self-employment tax on your income in addition to regular income tax. The form you are filling out is most likely the Schedule SE, which calculates your self-employment tax. It's important to pay this tax on all of your income, including any winnings from your shopping spree. However, you can deduct any business-related expenses, such as gifts to hosts, from your total income before calculating the self-employment tax.

As for the Business Activity Code, this is a code that identifies your type of business. For Pampered Chef consultants, the code is usually 454390. It's always a good idea to double check with your tax preparer or the IRS to make sure you are using the correct code for your specific business.

I hope this helps clarify things for you. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Best of luck with your taxes!

What is "Tax Help - Yes Last Minute!"?

"Tax Help - Yes Last Minute!" is a tax preparation service that specializes in helping people file their taxes at the last minute.

Who can benefit from "Tax Help - Yes Last Minute!"?

Anyone who has not yet filed their taxes and needs assistance in doing so can benefit from "Tax Help - Yes Last Minute!" This service is especially helpful for those who have complex tax situations or have procrastinated on filing their taxes.

What services does "Tax Help - Yes Last Minute!" offer?

"Tax Help - Yes Last Minute!" offers a variety of services including tax preparation, filing, and audit support. They also provide personalized advice and guidance on tax-related issues.

How does "Tax Help - Yes Last Minute!" ensure accuracy in tax preparation?

"Tax Help - Yes Last Minute!" has a team of experienced and knowledgeable tax professionals who are trained to accurately prepare and file taxes. They also use advanced software and tools to minimize any errors.

What are the fees for using "Tax Help - Yes Last Minute!"?

The fees for using "Tax Help - Yes Last Minute!" vary depending on the services needed and the complexity of the tax situation. It is best to contact them directly for a personalized quote.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• E R
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • jrstephens
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pc_momof3