• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax Exempt for Native Americans

In summary, the tax exemption for Native Americans is a special provision in the US tax code that exempts eligible Native Americans from paying federal income tax on income earned from activities on their tribal lands. Individuals who are enrolled members of a federally recognized Native American tribe and live on a reservation or tribal land are eligible for the tax exemption. This includes income earned from activities on allotted trust lands and income earned by tribal corporations. The tax exemption applies to income earned from activities on tribal lands, such as businesses, farming, ranching, and fishing, as well as income earned from tribal government or tribal corporation employment on or off the reservation. To claim the exemption, a federal income tax return must be filed and documentation of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe and
Darcy
Gold Member
Hello everyone.
I was just wondering if any of you do shows on Reservations and if you have any problems when you submit the tax exempt form. My team and I have continued problems and would like to hear from you.
Thanks
Darcy

I am sure there are others who submit tax exempt forms for Native Americans. I submit several forms and I have 2 team members who are Native Americans. I am just looking for input from others to help with our shows being put on hold. It's not a complaint session I am looking for-- it is input to help solve a problem.

what has HO suggested? That's who you should be talking to....

I do a lot of these shows and have had problems with my shows on hold. I have called HO a number of times to complain about it. They explained that one office receives the fax and another verifies the order and releases to the next step in the process. When the office that verifies the order sees that tax difference they put the show on hold until the office that receives the fax releases the information to the other office. Now when I see that my show is on hold I call right away and ask them to check the fax machine, this helps move it along. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your input. I've PM you.

Thank, I have spoke to home office several times. I am looking for others input to help find a better solution to the on going problem.

What is the tax exemption for Native Americans?

The tax exemption for Native Americans is a special provision in the US tax code that exempts eligible Native Americans from paying federal income tax on income earned from activities on their tribal lands.

Who qualifies for the tax exemption?

Individuals who are enrolled members of a federally recognized Native American tribe and live on a reservation or tribal land are eligible for the tax exemption. This also includes income earned from activities on allotted trust lands and income earned by tribal corporations.

What types of income are exempt from taxes for Native Americans?

The tax exemption applies to income earned from activities on tribal lands, such as businesses, farming, ranching, and fishing. It also applies to income earned from tribal government or tribal corporation employment on or off the reservation.

How do I claim the tax exemption for Native Americans?

To claim the tax exemption, you must file a federal income tax return and indicate your status as a Native American. You will also need to provide documentation of your enrollment in a federally recognized tribe and proof of residency on tribal lands. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional for assistance with claiming the exemption.

Are there any exceptions to the tax exemption for Native Americans?

Yes, there are a few exceptions to the tax exemption. Income earned from activities outside of tribal lands, such as off-reservation employment, is not exempt. Additionally, certain types of income, such as investment income or income from rental properties, may still be subject to taxes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ltricarico
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Karen
  • sburnside
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies