• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Tastings" Show - What Format Would You Use?

In summary, Chefjessicah is planning a tastings party with PC Beer Bread, two sauces (each poured over a block of cream cheese with crackers to dip with), two rubs on chicken breasts (doing them in the DCB at the show), two dessert sauces (served with pound cake), two dipping oil seasonings (served with crusty bread), and two sweet sprinkles (served as a topping on mini brownies). Guests will taste everything prepared ahead of time except for the chicken breasts, which will be demoed in the microwave. During this cooking time, quick demos of some of the tools used in her normal show will be done. The host has grabbed a few limes, onions, etc
Hi everyone! This week I will be doing the first of many "Tasting" parties that I have set up over the next couple of months. I got the idea on another thread here initially, and then again at NC. My plan is to have the following for guests to taste:

- PC Beer Bread
- Two of our sauces (each poured over a block of cream cheese with crackers to dip with)
- Two of our rubs on chicken breasts (doing them in the DCB at the show)
- Two of our dessert sauces (served with pound cake)
- Two of our dipping oil seasonings (served with crusty bread)
- Two of our sweet sprinkles (served as a topping on mini brownies).

I plan to have everything prepared ahead of time except for the chicken breasts, which I want to use to demo the DCB in the microwave. During this cooking time, I planned to do quick demos of some of our really fun tools such as the UM, the citrus press, the pineapple wedger, MFP etc. The host has grabbed a few limes, onions, etc to use with these and so that I can allow guests to come and "play".

My question is around FORMAT. What do you all think would be best? A buffet style with all the tastings? Or should I describe each pantry item individually and pass it around one at a time for people to help themselves? I want it to be controlled and organized, but at the same time, laid back and enjoyable. Any suggestions are more than welcome and I promise to come back and let you know the outcome! :)

I'd love to hear how this works. I also heard about this at NC and am intrigued.

I promise to let you know! I know exactly what I want to show off and how ... just have my 'normal show' format down pretty well and I want this one to go as smoothly as my others!

Divide them into 2 or 3 groups & assign each group to set up 1 or 2 of the tasting stations. Once they're done, everyone can sample & everyone gets to try products. Have extra limes or whatever for people in different groups to try at the kitchen counter away from the tasting area.

Do you have some sort of flyer/invitation you're sending out? I'd love to see how you're promoting this because I think it sounds like a great idea!

Chefa - I love it! My 'normal' shows are very interactive where each guest receives a notecard with a step of the recipe on it that they need to complete. I love that, so your idea allows me to still do that in a sense! Thank you very much!! :)

Chefjessicah - The only flyer I have made for this so far is for a tastings Fundraiser I am doing next month. As for the cooking shows, I have just sent out mini-catalogs with the invite information as I do for every show ... so it'll be a bit of a surprise for guests tonight, too - and hopefully a GOOD surprise for those familiar with how typical PC parties go. I am more than happy to share the fundraiser one, though, if you would like! (It's just on my other laptop and I can't attach it right this minute).

Hey -
is this Megan from Painesville?? if so, this is Linda from your team. I am also going to do this for my August shows except, I am doing the chicken in the grill pan and doing a "wedgie" party using the cool and serve. I am going to have them wedging apples, pineapples and mangos and slicing strawberries with the egg slicer. We will put that in the cool and serve with a dip of cream cheese, marshamallow fluff, honey yogurt & sprinkles. We will then use the other half for "mandolin" veggies and make a dip with mayo, cream cheese & a rub. I think we will use the remaining pineapple, peel a kiwi and make a 1/2 recipe of the pineapple kiwi salsa in the MFP. I planned to use the pound cake & dessert sauces and the dipping oil seasonings and french bread. I seem to forget about the dipping oil seasonings and everytime I bring them and make them, I sell them. I asked my first August host to have exta crackers and torilla chips on hand. We will be eating fresh & healthy (except for dessert)

Ha! Yes, it is - hello Linda!! :) I LOVE your idea of the wedgie show! My oh my - so many good ideas that my head begins to swirl! You're fabulous!!

LOLOLOL.:sing:
welcome to chefsuccess.....this blog is the reason why I am still selling after 3 years - I go into severe depression when the site is down or I cannot access it.

Well thank you! :) I joined about a month or two ago and I must admit that this is an addiction ... in addition to Pampered Chef in general, of course!

PC_Megan said:
Chefjessicah - The only flyer I have made for this so far is for a tastings Fundraiser I am doing next month. As for the cooking shows, I have just sent out mini-catalogs with the invite information as I do for every show ... so it'll be a bit of a surprise for guests tonight, too - and hopefully a GOOD surprise for those familiar with how typical PC parties go. I am more than happy to share the fundraiser one, though, if you would like! (It's just on my other laptop and I can't attach it right this minute).

Yes, I'd still like to see it. Maybe get some inspiration!

look on consultant corner..they have posted the entire idea of "tasting demo" from conference...great info and in a handout form

Thanks everyone! I'll add attachments tomorrow evening (I am POOPED right now) but the party was AWESOME! $1240 in sales, 4 bookings, and everyone kept saying they LOVED the format and how I focused on pantry items. Aside from pantry, I sold several DCBs, 4 Cool & Serve Trays, and 2 UMs! I am more than ecstatic, as is my host, who thanks to the July special is now shopping for $465 in products for free!!! (AND she has 2 more outside orders coming in tomorrow!!).

PC_Megan said:
Thanks everyone! I'll add attachments tomorrow evening (I am POOPED right now) but the party was AWESOME! $1240 in sales, 4 bookings, and everyone kept saying they LOVED the format and how I focused on pantry items. Aside from pantry, I sold several DCBs, 4 Cool & Serve Trays, and 2 UMs! I am more than ecstatic, as is my host, who thanks to the July special is now shopping for $465 in products for free!!! (AND she has 2 more outside orders coming in tomorrow!!).

you definitely had better share, or we will hunt you down! :) That's awesome!
I'd love to know the details on the format you went with, etc.

Way to go!:thumbup:

Congrats! That IS AWESOME!!!

Congrats!! I also would love to see your invite and get more of your plans/format and any tips from what you've done so far!

Thanks,

Lisa

Way to go Megan!! You are a Superstar!!

Wahoo! Sounds like you nailed it! Congrats!

That's an amazing party! Way to go! I thank you in advance for all of the wonderful tips you'll be sharing :) I can't wait to offer this show to my hosts!!

Megan - that is a great show! I love your idea, and with a few changes, I'm going to be using it for my Fall Shows!

I'll do chicken and then have 2 sauces to dip it in - then I'll have 2 other sauces over cream cheese with crackers.
I think I'd still like to feature rubs - so I'll probably switch out potato chips made in the chip maker for the brownies and sprinkles, and just have a sprinkle to go with the sauces and pound cake.

I can bake the pound cake in the mini loaf pans and freeze it to have it ready for shows.

This can be such a fun alternative for people wanting something different!

Thank you everyone! I am just so happy for my host (and myself, who am I kidding?) :) I have attached a PDF of what I gave to the two groups of guests for the two different stations.

I don't mind giving major details on the exact outline of my show and the order of everything; just don't want to write it out if it isn't useful to anyone, so just let me know!

Attachments

• Tools and Tastings.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 1,049
Megan - i would love to see your outline - i am thinking this will make a perfect show at my own house!!!

SushiMommy - So sorry; I had a crazy day today and haven't been online at all until now (eek!). Mind if I post that over the weekend? I just didn't want to delay if it was something you needed for a weekend show this weekend.

No hurry, no worry! Whenever you have a chance would be great- thank you!

kreaser said:
look on consultant corner..they have posted the entire idea of "tasting demo" from conference...great info and in a handout form

Can someone share this info on the board? I'm from Canada and I don't think we have that info. It sounds like it would be very helpful. TIA

Here is the info from consultants corner....

Attachments

• pantry_selling_guide.pdf
    525.2 KB · Views: 684
  • pantry_usage_guide.pdf
    440.4 KB · Views: 602
  • pantry_tasting_guide.pdf
    199.3 KB · Views: 630
I'm doing a tastings show tonight. We're doing chicken fajitas in the DCB using chipolte rub. Then 3 sauces (one of the new ones for a sneak peak) over cream cheese with crackers. Then a veggie dip using one of the oil dipping seasonings (they get to pick) - if they want to we'll divide the ingredients and try two kinds. Then a fruit dip using one if the sprinkles. She's also making a cake which I will garnish with among other things one of the sprinkles and one of the sweet sauces. I wanted to do chicken your way but she insisted on the fajitas as we had done them at a previous show and she wants her friend's to see how easy it is.

Thank you! Thank you! This is perfect, exactly what I needed. I wonder why this info is not offered in Canada?

RossDeb2 said:
Thank you! Thank you! This is perfect, exactly what I needed. I wonder why this info is not offered in Canada?

I agree. why is this not available to us in Canada! Thanks for posting the attachments.

I just did my 1st Test and Taste Party. I included the Test part to separate us from TS. It was for my annual party which meant I did more than I would expect a host to do. I had 4 stations..the DCB and Potato wedges from PCMegan, and then a fruit dip withthe MFP one and a fruit tray with a pineapple and the cool n serve. I also had premade Cream cheese and sauces, beer bread, oil dipping spices, and coconut lime tart to feature some of the other pantry items. I had 12 guests have over $750 in sales, sold 1 DCB, 2 Cool n Serves, 1 Stainless Bowl Set and lots of the seasonings/rubs/oil dipping seasonings. :)

I love this party plan. It will go great with the chip maker I plan to use at my next party. Hope I have as great a party as you did....thanks

Did my 1st pantry party last night. Only 4 guest but $379 in sales + 2 bookings. Wahoo!

Ok...I had asked about a "tasting invitation", but I found one (I actually posted it on here already! DUH) So I changed my post (since I can't delete it).

Tasting Show Invitation/Flyer

I'm a bit overwhelmed but thankful for all the great information on here! I think I'll make dips ahead of time so flavors can sink in, but love the ideas for fruit and veggies! Already heard ideas for bread/pound cake and chicken, so now I just have to decide what's feasible for my personal party tomorrow. Had it on the calendar prior to TPC's incentive for consultants...hoping to be one of the first 10,000!

Ok. I did my tasting show yesterday afternoon. Oh my goodness. I do not think I will be doing THAT again- at least not the way they outline it on CC. IT WAS A LOT OF WORK! And I took too much product! I had baby carrots and cucumbers (sliced with the UM) - with two dips (Dill and Southwestern) in mayo/sour cream. We had bread, with an oil dip seasoning (lemon/herb), Sun-dried tomato dip seasoning made with Cream cheese to make a spread *yum*. I had Teddy Graham crackers with a Cream Cheese/Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles spread, plus I put out two dessert sauces - Choc. Mint, and Butterscotch Rum (YUM). We cooked up 2 chicken breast in the DCB, then diced, and had toothpicks out. With 3 sauces ( meant to only do two, but got carried away) - Blackberry Balsamic, APricot Honey, and Teriyaki Honey (LOVED them all!!). We heated up small shrimp - one half in Creole and one half in Chili-Lime Rub - Creole yes, Chili-lime no. And I demo'd the Microwave Chip Maker & Simple Slicer. Made Salt, BBQ, and Salt/Pepper chips. Those were a hit.Nothing was hard. But altogether, it was too much. I had pre-made the cream cheese spreads. Before guests arrived, I cut the cucumber, started the chips (so I could check her microwave). We poured out the sauces, put the spreads in the bowls. Then cooked & diced the chicken. The host's husband was my helper, and he sliced bread, cooked the shrimp, and helped with the veggie dips. We had most of it done by the time they arrived or shortly after. During the show when folks got up to taste things, that was when I showed them the slicer and chip maker.
Between the "key" products, I also had taken my Spice Turnabout (was easier for me than carrying all of the spices separate -plus people could look at them). But I had bamboo bowls - all sizes, and also the new Fiber ones. I had small plates/platters, serving spoons for the dips, spreads, Cool-n-Serve for the veggies and dips. Cutting board, knife, chipmaker, UM, slicer, MFP/wedger (showed them that)......UGGH!! Two crates (I use the folding crates), two bags, plus my business bag with catalogs, order forms, my laptop, etc and the small insulated tote we got earlier this summer for the food items I made ahead.Sales were low- but for this crowd, not bad. 5 people, $200. BUT this crowd is a regular show group for me....so they have a show about every 6 months, so several of them already have alot of items. I DID sell a lot of pantry items though....more than I've ever done before. And it was fun....this is one of those crowds I can sit on the couch with and just talk, go through the catalog, etc. I do not think I'll do it this way again. I'll stick to a main demo, and then maybe feature 1 or 2 Pantry items along side- TOPS. Maybe a savory rub or sauce, and then a sweet (or depending on the sauce, they are sweet too- the new ones...and do NOT have a kick like the earlier varieties).

kreaser said:

Where is this handout? I couldn't find it.

Did Megan ever get a chance to post her whole show guidelines...I have looked but didn't seen anything....I would love to get it if possible..

Thanks

I would love Megan's outline too!!!

What is a "Tasting" Show?

A "Tasting" Show is a party hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant where guests can sample various food products from the Pampered Chef line. It is a fun and interactive way for guests to try out different recipes and learn about the products.

What types of foods are typically served at a "Tasting" Show?

At a "Tasting" Show, guests can expect to sample a variety of foods such as appetizers, sauces, rubs, desserts, and dips. These can be served with different types of bread, crackers, or other foods to showcase the versatility of the Pampered Chef products.

How are the food items prepared for a "Tasting" Show?

The food items for a "Tasting" Show are usually prepared ahead of time by the consultant. This ensures that the guests can quickly and easily sample each item without having to wait for it to be cooked or prepared. Any cooking demonstrations are typically done using the Pampered Chef products during the party.

What is the format for a "Tasting" Show?

The format for a "Tasting" Show can vary, but it usually involves a combination of buffet-style and individual tastings. The consultant may describe each pantry item individually and pass it around for guests to sample, while other items may be set up on a buffet for guests to help themselves. This allows for a controlled and organized experience while still being laid back and enjoyable.

What other activities or demos can guests expect at a "Tasting" Show?

In addition to the food tastings, guests can also expect to see quick demonstrations of some of the popular Pampered Chef tools, such as the Ultimate Mandoline, citrus press, pineapple wedger, and Measure-All Cup. This gives guests a chance to see the products in action and try them out for themselves using ingredients provided by the host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tonyphel00
  • liljen19
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • kayleigh