• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Targeted by Primerica: One Woman's Story

"oh, by the way, have you ever thought about selling a business?" or "Primerica is a great option if you're interested in owning your own business." I have been recruited by this company, which goes under a few other names for the past 10 years~ I get hounded by them whenever I update my resume online, too...
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Today while I was in the shower, somebody called and said they'd hold for me ... when my roomate said it would be about 15 minutes, they said they'd call back. Left a first and last name, which of course meant nothing to me.

I wondered if it was a hot lead from the recent fair I'd worked ... so I waited by the phone before drying my hair.

Turned out she is "recruiting manager" for Primerica, which is "aggressively expanding in the area." They are looking for "people persons" who might want to "own their own business."

The only way I can think of that she came across my name would be a Pampered Chef business card.

Friends of mine have warned me that if you post your resume on Monster or Careerbuilder that you'll always be contacted by them. I haven't.

Anybody else gotten targeted by them?

Just because I can sell a food chopper doesn't mean I can sell a 401K!

Re: Primerica!With another work-at-home company I was once with, they suggested going after people that were already in direct sales or MLM for leads. I'm sure someone got your name either on a card or maybe even at that fair. Just ignore them.

Re: Primerica!
Di_Can_Cook said:
Today while I was in the shower, somebody called and said they'd hold for me ... when my roomate said it would be about 15 minutes, they said they'd call back. Left a first and last name, which of course meant nothing to me.

I wondered if it was a hot lead from the recent fair I'd worked ... so I waited by the phone before drying my hair.

Turned out she is "recruiting manager" for Primerica, which is "aggressively expanding in the area." They are looking for "people persons" who might want to "own their own business."

The only way I can think of that she came across my name would be a Pampered Chef business card.

Friends of mine have warned me that if you post your resume on Monster or Careerbuilder that you'll always be contacted by them. I haven't.

Just because I can sell a food chopper doesn't mean I can sell a 401K!

I have been recruited by this company, which goes under a few other names for the past 10 years~ I get hounded by them whenever I update my resume online, too...

Here is my best advice after resarching the company and knowing people that worked for them... RUN- RUN like Forest Gump with GOOD legs!!!

Re: Primerica!Yes, I agree with Kacey, "RUN, Di, RUN!!" ;)

Re: Primerica!yes, I was going to suggest running far far away as well.

Re: Primerica!they call me every few months...and are darned hard to shake off the phone. i have had to hang up on some of them, which i do not like to do.

one of the things i appreciate about PC is that HO does not push us toward the hard sell.

Re: Primerica!I asked her about how she got the number ... she said she didn't know ... but did say that sometimes they get leads from business cards.Only way I could get her off the phone is to say I would have to give it some thought ... and told her I would give her number to someone else.Wasn't exactly a lie ... I wasn't sure what they were all about until my roomate came home and mentioned the horror stories from some of our mutual friends.

Jessamary said:
With another work-at-home company I was once with, they suggested going after people that were already in direct sales or MLM for leads. I'm sure someone got your name either on a card or maybe even at that fair. Just ignore them.

How exactly were you to find these leads?

Re: Primerica!QUOTE=Di_Can_Cook;516211]Today while I was in the shower, somebody called and said they'd hold for me ... when my roomate said it would be about 15 minutes, they said they'd call back. Left a first and last name, which of course meant nothing to me.

Just because I can sell a food chopper doesn't mean I can sell a 401K![/QUOTE]

I was agressively recruited by one of them. Lady was very nice, but never once asked me any questions. She was always (as Dusky at conference said) vomiting at the mouth. I went through 2 interviews and was to have a home sit-down with the hubby. Once I got serious about possibly accepting, all the sudden I needed to have this fee paid and another---. We decided to not meet with the lady in our home & just focus on my PC. She wouldn't take no for an answer. I told her multiple times.

When she first called I was told someone from the women's networking group I belong to had given me a glowing recommendation. At our next meeting I told the women I appreciated her referral but had decided not to accept the job----the women had no idea what I was talking about and had never heard of Premerica or the women I had been speaking with!!:mad:

RUN RUN RUN & don't look back!!

Re: Primerica!A friend took me to one of these meetings, I thought it was a joke but she thought it was a GREAT opportunity! (yea right). After investing hundreds of dollars in advertising material (I think that's what it was) and a TON of time going through the training, she never sold a thing and just ended up with her husband upset with her. I agree with the others... RUN!!! Good to know they just take names and numbers from anywhere! that's pretty lame!

Addie4TLC said:
How exactly were you to find these leads?

Let's see...going to shows (like PC, or candles, or whatever), walking past booths at craft fairs, and the worst...going on people's PWS or whatever they're called for their respective organizations, saying they're interested and arranging a meeting, and at that meeting, turn the tables and try to recruit the recruiter.

It was a nightmare. You can PM and I'll tell you which one it was. I like the products, but HATE their business practices.

Re: Primerica!My DH invited a friend of his over to "practice" her presentation. I just sat there and when she was done, I told her it was my turn to practice my presentation. This is a trick my Director taught me a long time ago. Whenever someone comes to the door or aproaches with something even on the phone, say "No Thank You" and without giving them a chance to respond say I SELL (and that is the only time I use the word SELL) PC, are you familiar with PC, I would love to tell you all about it!! Watch them make a run for it!!!

Re: Primerica!Sometimes these companies "buy" resumes from Monster or CareerBuilder as well.:grumpy: I posted my resume to both these sites several years ago then deleted them 6 months later. I finally got them to leave me alone when I told them I had posted my resumes as "private" and if they were paying for "private resumes" that was a violation of my privacy and I could sue both them and whichever website provided it to them.:rolleyes: I was apologized to profusely and was told I would never be called again. The man said he would also report what I said to his supervisor so they could investigate which of the websites "sold" the resumes! He said it was definitely wrong to do so!:eek:

Re: Primerica!Run as fast as you can - and if they call you again - ask them to take you off their calling list - very firmly ask!

Re: Primerica!I love caller id, I just don't answer, period! I don't answer to anyone I don't recognize. I figure if it's a business call, I have voicemail, I'll call them back! My hubby barely even answers our phone! Because of my business, he says that our house phone is my business phone and he will only answer when it's me calling from my cell or our family! Sometimes, he won't even get up to answer it! He figures, if it's important and they want him, call his cell ~ then he knows it's for him!;)
As for Primerica! I have a friend who is my neighbor, and she was doing it for a little while and that was about 3-4 months ago, and about 3 weeks ago, she gave me a phone (her palm treo, she started at a new full time job and they gave her a blackberry, so she didn't want her old phone to just sit in a box, so she gave it to me! She's a wonderful friend! She knew I was looking for a new phone and she's sells cell phones as part of her job so she knew that this phone would be better than the one I was looking into!) anyway she has Primerica software on the phone, and when she pointed that out, she said "this is from when I was doing Primerica, just ignore it" and rolled her eyes. So I never said anything to her, but now I'm really glad that she didn't really get into it and try to get me! I would have had to shut her down, like I do every other company rep that tries to recruit me! I just tell people "don't even start, I'm REALLY HAPPY with what I do, and I'm proud to be a PC consultant, would you like to know more about what I do??!! Works well, I've found!
I agree with everyone else RUNNNNNNN!!! :eek:;)

Re: Primerica!i also went to one of their meetings...not something i would do. the guy called me back the next day and i told him i was not interested and he was very nice and hasnt called back. guess i was one of the lucky ones. :)

Re: Primerica!The same thing happened to me with AXA. I told the guy yesterday I was driving (and yes I really was) and he still kept me on the phone! Finally I ditched him. I even told him my brother did Primerica part time, and I still couldnt lose him! LOL

Re: Primerica!I wish that I had seen this before. *sigh* I didn't get into the selling...but way too far.:(

1. What is "Targeted by Primerica: One Woman's Story" about?

"Targeted by Primerica: One Woman's Story" is a memoir written by a former Primerica employee, detailing her experience working for the company and the tactics they use to recruit and sell financial products.

2. Is this book a reliable source of information about Primerica?

Yes, the author of the book worked for Primerica for several years and shares her personal experiences and observations. The book also includes supporting evidence and research to back up her claims.

3. Does this book have a positive or negative view of Primerica?

The book offers a critical view of Primerica and its practices. However, the author presents her perspective in a fair and objective manner, allowing readers to form their own opinions.

4. Is "Targeted by Primerica: One Woman's Story" appropriate for all ages?

The book contains some mature themes and language, so it may not be suitable for younger readers. It is recommended for mature teens and adults.

5. Can I purchase this book through Pampered Chef?

No, "Targeted by Primerica: One Woman's Story" is not a product sold by Pampered Chef. It can be purchased through major online retailers such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MakinBacon
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
colegrovet
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies