1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Swine Flu

1. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Okay, I supposedly have the flu and since I had a flu shot the doc said its probably the swine flu. He wasn't very worried and didn't take a blood test so I guess its not a big deal.

I've never felt this sick in my life! Non-stop fever and exhaustion, no appetite, etc. No other symptoms thought that I would think you'd have with the flu.

Just wanted to share...at least I got it now and not in two week!

Jul 3, 2009
  2. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get better fast. Did he give a rx of tamiflu?

Jul 3, 2009
  3. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Yes, and he wants my son and hubby to take it too. My son's RX cost $89 and mine was $37...hubby hasn't picked his up yet due to the expense. I guess it can keep people from getting it.

Jul 3, 2009
  4. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

Yikes that is expensive. Did he tell you how long you have to be aay from people? I ask this because my friends dr thinks she might have swine flu and has been on tamiflu since wed.

Jul 3, 2009
  5. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

I was told once I am symptom free for 24 hours...my only symptoms as I said is the fever.

Jul 3, 2009
  6. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Has anyone had this? I can't seem to shake this fever and I don't want to OD on the Advil after all the recent scares of Tylenol, etc.

Jul 3, 2009
  7. Dina Atnip

Dina Atnip Advanced Member Gold Member

Sure hope you get to feeling better. Lay under some blankets and sweat it out works for me.

Jul 3, 2009
  8. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Yeah...just remind yourself that hte fever is playing a critical role in your body to get rid of the germ! That's what I tell my kids....without the fever, we can't fight it as efficiently. BUt it still stinks!!! Sorry for you.

Jul 3, 2009
  9. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Bobbi, you sound like my mommy! She just told me that this afternoon! I'm a wimp because my normal fevers are around 99 or 100. Now I'm at 101+ and just feeling wiped out!

Jul 3, 2009
  10. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

That's when you get your favorite movies and just lie on the couch and try to get lost in the movie. When my kids or I are sick, they know it means a day of their favorite cartoons or movies....I do it too!

Hopefully, it will pass soon! (and that the rest of your family doesn't get sick before or while you are conference, assuming you are going.)

Jul 3, 2009
  11. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Sorry you feel so horrible. Praying for a swift recovery. Could you maybe take a tepid/cool bath? Put a washcloth over your eyes and zone out a bit?

Just lay in bed, watch a movie and recoup.

Hope you feel better asap.

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted