• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surviving a Tough Month: My Journey Through Illness and Gratitude in March

In summary, The first week had the flu really bad and had to stay in bed all week, 2nd week had strep throat, 3rd week broke my toe. Last week on Tuesday, I thought I was getting a major pimple under my nostril, but it was hurting so much that I went to the dermatologist, and by the time I got to his office, it had wrapped around the top of my nostril too, and I had swollen lymphnodes,and it was shooting pains into my eye. Turns out I had a staph infection. Scary., been taking antibiotics since Tuesday and everything is almost completely healed up, and it is
kristenlee
I am so glad it is March now. February was the worst health month for me. The first week I had the flu really bad and had to stay in bed all week, 2nd week had strep throat, 3rd week broke my toe. And now to the ugly part, Last week on Tuesday, I thought I was getting a major pimple under my nostril, but it was hurting so much that I went to the dermatologist, and by the time I got to his office, it had wrapped around the top of my nostril too, and I had swollen lymphnodes,and it was shooting pains into my eye. Turns out I had a staph infection. Scary., been taking antibiotics since Tuesday and everything is almost completely healed up, and it is not scary to look at anymore. I called my boss and told her what was going on, and she said "so you are calling in Ugly?" I said pretty much. she was laughing so hard. Luckily I can do some of my work from home and my schedule is flexible as long as I meet my deadlines, and I have a good boss. In fact when I had the flu she dropped off my work for the week and took one look at me and told me I was not working that week, and to go to bed. Then she showed back up at my house later with chicken soup, apple juice, 7-up and crackers. very nice

Awww . . .where did I get a boss like that? Wow, I hope you are feeling better. Yes I am glad for March too,

Oh my gosh, your month was worse then mine! We all had the flu around here. Cold/cough and the stomach. The stomach one lasted for a week for all of us! I'm so glad you are feeling better!

I will have to remember the "calling in ugly." That is so funny!

Sounds like you have a wonderful boss! I would expect something that nice from my PC director (she is a sweetie and I count her as a close friend) but never had a boss who would have done that!

Here's to a better March for all of us "sickies" from February!!

Glad you are feeling (and looking) better now!

Wow! Glad you are feeling better - a staph infection can be very serious.
Your boss sounds like a dream!
I am sooo ready for the snow and illness to be gone - Is it Spring yet???

staph infections are picking up speed lately.....a lady I worked with got one on her face too....turns out, it started by plucking her eyebrows and entered through a spot she nicked above her eye. Yikes!!

Glad you are all on the mend......COME ON MARCH!!! :)

Not to get off subject but my 17 year old cousin got bit by ants last august and ended up going to the doctor because after 1 week they were not healing and had actually turned into huge open sores. He ended up getting staph infection in them. I think they had to lance them 3 or 4 times and in hte midst of this it took about 6 weeks for them to heal. And he ended up testing positive for lupus!

Glad you are feeling better, you have a great boss.

Don't go to work - tell your boss you got the infection from going to too many staph meetings.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Don't go to work - tell your boss you got the infection from going to too many staph meetings.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related to Surviving a Tough Month: My Journey Through Illness and Gratitude in March

What is "Called in Ugly" and how does it work?

"Called in Ugly" is a feature offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to order products at a discounted price. These products are typically ones that have minor imperfections, such as small scratches or dents, but are still fully functional. The products are sold on a first-come, first-served basis, and once they are sold out, they will no longer be available.

What kind of products are typically offered through "Called in Ugly"?

The products offered through "Called in Ugly" vary and can include anything from cookware and kitchen tools to bakeware and serving dishes. These products are often popular items from our regular product line that have small imperfections that do not affect their functionality.

Can I return or exchange a "Called in Ugly" product?

Unfortunately, "Called in Ugly" products are sold as-is and cannot be returned or exchanged. However, if the product is damaged or defective, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

How often are new "Called in Ugly" products added to the website?

New "Called in Ugly" products are typically added to the website on a weekly basis. We recommend checking back regularly to see if there are any new products that interest you.

Is there a limit on how many "Called in Ugly" products I can purchase?

Due to the limited quantities and high demand for "Called in Ugly" products, there is a limit of one product per customer. This allows more customers to have the opportunity to purchase these discounted items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gingertannery
  • Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • janetupnorth