• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprising Servers with a Tip & a Smile

In summary, Rae left little tip cards whenever she left a tip. She just so no one will be disappointed when they open the file, warned people that this was not related to PC. Something she does just to brighten the day of those who serve her. Kristin and her friend wanted a drink and she ignored them and kept tending to Rae. Lyn Conway had the Post-It pads in the
raebates
Staff member
At the Wednesday night MnG, one of my secrets for connecting with people was discovered. I leave little tip cards whenever I leave a tip. Just so no one will be disappointed when they open the file, I want to warn you that this is in no way related to PC. It's just something I do to brighten the day of those who serve me.

As witnessed by those who were able to make it Wednesday night, it can really make someone's day.

Attachments

• Thank You Tip Card.jpg
    Thank You Tip Card.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 606
I LOVE this Rae! I'm assuming, since you posted it, that it's up for grabs????
I was never a waitress, but have several friends who put themselves through college waiting tables - so I know from them just how difficult and discouraging it can be......I ALWAYS tip big - and this would be something to give them a smile at the same time!
Thanks!

Love this!!! :) How sweet!

I love you Rae!!! I am so thankful I got to meet you.

Yes, Becky, you are more than welcome to use it.I never earned a paycheck as a server, but I worked the Junior Leader Food Tent at our 4-H fair several years. It was enough to let me know that that was not how I would be earning a living. It takes an amazing amount of patience, skill, and stamina. I tip well, and I always want my server to know that I appreciate their hard work.And, I love you, too, Kristin!

thats sweet!! i like it! if i was a waitress and received that it would brighten my day!

AWWWWW Rae!!! That will be added to my list of reasons why I think you are an outstanding woman! ;)

That is SO awesome Rae!!

You are so crafty:D It looks great! and thoughtful.

OMG!! This waitress that Rae is talking about was estatic!!! It really made her day and she kept coming over to ask Rae if she wanted anything else!! Kristin and her friend wanted a drink and she ignored them and kept tending to Rae! Too funny!

Thanks Rae for posting this!:D

Rae I love the card. What a great idea!

That IS very nice and thoughtful. So she kept coming back to you? I suppose most times you don't see the result b/c you leave a tip and leave. I love it and think I'll start doing it too. It's just like smiling and saying hi can make a difference. I know that I'm sometimes shocked by a strangers kindness and it's sad that we are sometimes in our own lives and heads to see others.You brightened my day!

This makes me thing of the Lyn Conway workshop that I took......I know Rae took that class too - since she has confessed to being the bad angel!:p
Sounds like Rae, that you already have alot of her stuff down pat!

I loved her workshop! I would recommend her training materials....and remember -
IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!!!

:D :D :D

ChefBeckyD said:
This makes me thing of the Lyn Conway workshop that I took......I know Rae took that class too - since she has confessed to being the bad angel!:p
Sounds like Rae, that you already have alot of her stuff down pat!

I loved her workshop! I would recommend her training materials....and remember -
IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!!!

:D :D :D
Lyn Conway had the Post-It pads in the room that said:

"I feel..."

and we were supposed to write what we feel.

You KNOW what I wrote on there.

Thanks so much to all of you for your kind words. This is really just an idea I heard several years ago and adapted for my own purposes. No, I don't usually have a chance to see people's reactions, but I have had some nice responses. I've had servers chase me down in the parking lot to thank me. I've had servers comment to me on return visits to a restaurant that they really appreciated the card. I have to say that this is the first time I've ever had a server seem to be near tears because of my little note, though.

Becky, I loved Lyn's workshop. Yes, some of the things she mentioned were simply reminders, but I can always use those. I used some of my Conference Cash to purchase her cd set The Language of Success.

Something I learned many years ago was that a person wrapped up in herself (or himself) makes the smallest package. By focusing on other people, it's much easier to pull yourself out of a bad mood. I regularly compliment strangers. I make it a habit to notice people's clothing, shoes, jewelry, and even tattoos. No, I don't compliment everyone. I just mention it when something catches my eye. After all, if I'm standing there thinking, "Man, those earrings are adorable," why not tell her? I've seen people who were wearing grumpy faces break into beautiful smiles.

The message all those years ago that really stuck with me was that the compliment that person gets from me may be the only kind words he or she hears all day; maybe all week. And, it costs me nothing. Even I can afford that!

Related to Surprising Servers with a Tip & a Smile

What is "Surprising Servers with a Tip & a Smile"?

"Surprising Servers with a Tip & a Smile" is a program created by Pampered Chef to show appreciation for hardworking servers in the food service industry. It involves leaving a generous tip and a heartfelt note to surprise and brighten the day of a deserving server.

How can I participate in "Surprising Servers with a Tip & a Smile"?

To participate, simply visit a restaurant or café and leave a generous tip for your server. You can also leave a note expressing your gratitude and appreciation for their hard work. Make sure to include the hashtag #TipAndASmile to spread the word and inspire others to join in!

Why is Pampered Chef promoting "Surprising Servers with a Tip & a Smile"?

At Pampered Chef, we believe in showing gratitude and appreciation for those who work tirelessly to serve others. "Surprising Servers with a Tip & a Smile" is our way of recognizing and thanking servers for their hard work and dedication.

Can I nominate a specific server to receive a surprise tip?

Yes, you can! If you have a favorite server who always goes above and beyond, you can nominate them to receive a surprise tip and note. Simply visit our website and fill out the nomination form with their name and the restaurant they work at. We will do our best to surprise them with a tip and a smile!

Is there a limit to how much I should tip for "Surprising Servers with a Tip & a Smile"?

No, there is no set limit for how much you should tip for this program. We encourage you to be as generous as you can, keeping in mind the server's hard work and the impact your tip can have on their day. Even a small tip with a heartfelt note can make a big difference!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
nikked
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine