• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprise Box Trading and Bargaining: Looking for an Extra Fizz Keeper

anyone get a sage green crock they don't want??I purchased a $20 box, but I think they gave me a $15. One of the directors in my group got a ton more then I did. Or they gave her a $40 one by mistake:). All I got was 2 quick stir pitchers, 3 bread tubes and a kids apron. I've heard the kids apron is very popular though.Sorry Gillian, I got the yellow one, Heather blue one, and the natural.Anyone want the fall table runner or placemats? I'll trade for a scale! OR maybe for something else you have you don't want or need!:D
schel
Anyone do the surprise boxes?
Wasn't that fun? I love the trading part. Never been to an auction, but my guess after trading and bargaining, I'd be hooked!

So... now onto my question... Anyone get an extra fizz keeper they don't want? I'd be willing to buy it if you don't want it. I do not understand why they don't still have that. I think it works great!

Thanks,
Schel

I'll have to look through my boxes. Love the surprise box!!!

Hey SchelI must have gotten your fiz keeper in my box. What do you have left to trade for it? J/K:) Had to leave our names at BRU, apparently casey quit or was fired. So hopefully they will call back.
Jen

okay, I am curious....what is a fizz keeper? I have never hear of it, unless you are talking about something that goes on an opened 2 liter bottle of soda.

First time for the surprise boxes. What fun!!! What do most of you do with the items? I was thinking of a Sept. or Oct. mystery host open house. Suggestions please.

Bingo Shawnna! That is exactly what it is! I got one this year but sorry, I am keeping it! LOL!!

I got one. I have no idea how to use it since my 5 year old opened it threw the instructions away.

What are suprise boxes? :) Anna

Anyone get a scale in theirs--my neighbor does chocolates and had asked me to look for some--I told her try E-bay and I will try here:D

Chef susan said:
Anyone get a scale in theirs--my neighbor does chocolates and had asked me to look for some--I told her try E-bay and I will try here:D

I got one...What's the going rate?

I have no clue what they are worth or what they sold for before---u let me know and I will ask her what she wants to spend if thats OK

ChefTotsy said:
What are suprise boxes? :) Anna

Surprise boxes were available at conference. You can buy a box of discontinued PC items for $15, $20 or $40. You don't know what's in it until you open it and not all $40 boxes have the same items. People buy a box (or 2 or 3!) and open them and then trade with other consultants around them for the products they want. It's a lot of fun!:D

cat said:
Surprise boxes were available at conference. You can buy a box of discontinued PC items for $15, $20 or $40. You don't know what's in it until you open it and not all $40 boxes have the same items. People buy a box (or 2 or 3!) and open them and then trade with other consultants around them for the products they want. It's a lot of fun!:D

LOVED the surprise boxes! I got too many bread tubes though (everyone did). I have a flour sifter I don't need... anyone want to trade? lol.

Here are the other things I ended up with (after trading):

bread tubes (hearts, squares, stars)
apron (red,white & blue - matches table cloth)
apron (denim old one)
Stone crock (blue)
clear plastic salad servers
cheese slicer thing
heart-shaped pancake shaper thing
Season's Best (2 packages)
Pizza mini cookbook
Cookies mini cookbook
Blue Family Sized pitcher
Flour sifter
fizz keeper thing
Stone holder bag

Things I traded:
Last fall's placemats
Table runner
stone crock

A scale would be cool! Can I just say that I loved how people helped you carry heavy boxes and then you could have it packed and shipped!!!!!:D

I got a fizz thing. I ended up with 2 quick stir pitchers - now I have 6. I also have a yellow crock. I got some REALLY old products - with wooden handles AND an old food chopper.

It was fun opening the boxes. The cakemixes were another story. Those things weighed a ton!!

Did anyone get a sage green crock they don't want?? I have been bidding on eBay only to lose 2 in the last couple minutes of the auction!

I purchased a $20 box, but I think they gave me a $15. One of the directors in my group got a ton more then I did. Or they gave her a $40 one by mistake:). All I got was 2 quick stir pitchers, 3 bread tubes and a kids apron. I've heard the kids apron is very popular though.

During wave 2, I saw one lady on her knees begging another consultant for the kids apron. I didn't stick around to see the outcome, I just laughed! :)Sorry Gillian, I got the yellow one, Heather blue one, and the natural.

Anyone want the fall table runner or placemats? I'll trade for a scale! OR maybe for something else you have you don't want or need!:D

Maybe we should be posting these in the Trading Post!:D

gilliandanielle said:
Did anyone get a sage green crock they don't want?? I have been bidding on eBay only to lose 2 in the last couple minutes of the auction!

I have a sage green one if you haven't found one yet.

Leea

Let the trading and auctioning begin!! I love it!!
Ok, anyone get a extra Cookie Cookbook or extra fizz keeper you would like to sell? Please private E-mail me to let me know. Thanks.
Schel

I have GOT to get rid of some PC stuff. It has taken over my house. I will get a list togther and give you guys first shot. I have a fizz keeper and haven't really looked at it. What exactly is it supposed to do??

You screw it on in place of the soda pop lid and pump 5-20 pumps of air into the bottle and it holds the fizz in longer than just the regular lid. I hate wasting pop and the cost of cans or small bottles is a lot more than a large bottle. (2 liter) My husband is famous for opening the pop, drinking about 1/2 and I end up throwing the rest out because it goes flat.
Sounds good to hear your list. I didn't realize this site had a "Trading Post"
section. Duaahh!!! Or I would have placed the thread there.
Schel

schel said:
My husband is famous for opening the pop, drinking about 1/2 and I end up throwing the rest out because it goes flat.

Oh!?? All husband's don't do that?? At least your husband drinks half! My DH will take vitamins with it, use one swing, then leave it in the fridge for 3 weeks until I finally throw it out. And to those of you wondering, yes, he does take vitamins with soda! Whatever....

Husbands!........

I got great advice from my roomie - Inside my mystery box I included all the cake mixes and Empowering Women magazaines - I shipped it all home!

Great Idea!

gilliandanielle said:
Oh!?? All husband's don't do that?? At least your husband drinks half! My DH will take vitamins with it, use one swing, then leave it in the fridge for 3 weeks until I finally throw it out. And to those of you wondering, yes, he does take vitamins with soda! Whatever....

At least he's taking his vitamins!!

lkspeir said:
I got great advice from my roomie - Inside my mystery box I included all the cake mixes and Empowering Women magazaines - I shipped it all home!

Great Idea!

Me, too!

Schel: Amen!!!

I had a great time with the boxes. There were a ton of us looking for the kids apron. I didnt get one but wanted it... but I am looking for a set of the fall napkins if anyone has a set.

Shari,
I have the napkins, and I was just wondering who I could give them to!! If you e-mail me your address I'll mail them to you. The box has been by my front door since it got here! :) !!! Some stuff is coming down to the shore house we rent, but I need to find homes for it soon or my husband will pop, and throw it out!!![email protected]

when you got your surprise box from HO, did it have a packaging slip in it?

My director bought me a surprise box and it was sent to her house. She said that there wasn't any packing slip and I just wanted to know.

Thanks

Great Idea!!
pkd09 said:
First time for the surprise boxes. What fun!!! What do most of you do with the items? I was thinking of a Sept. or Oct. mystery host open house. Suggestions please.

You can use them as give aways at your shows. That would be neat for them to win old PC products and get them to order the new items as well. Try to do a number raffle. Number some lunch bags and then make some corresponding index cards. Then depending on:
How much they order.
If they book a show
If they bring an outside order
If they promise to bring you outside orders
Come on time
Wear a red dress, etc
you can let them draw an index card and give away prizes!! You can use those items for the prize drawing slip also.
Debbie

whiteyteresa said:
when you got your surprise box from HO, did it have a packaging slip in it?

My director bought me a surprise box and it was sent to her house. She said that there wasn't any packing slip and I just wanted to know.

Thanks

Nope no packing slip ~ just random items thrown in. What'd you get?

i received a pack of season's best cookbook s/s 2001. two small cookbooks - 1 for pizza's 1 for ???, last years fall table runner, placemats, towels, (I bought the napkins last year to show how to do napkin foldings) battery operated flour shifter, wooden bakers roller, 3 bread tubes, kids apron, something else but can't remember (and right now, I am noting getting to look - it's been a very long day - my daughter had to have 3 teeth removed surgerly(???). I loved getting the table runner and stuff. It will look great on my kitchen island with all pieces together - I just don't have the napkin rings.

Leea- you have a PM from me!

Last edited:
gilliandanielle said:
Leea- you have a PM from me!

Got it! - Now you have one from me!

If anyone has anythign they want ot trade, Let me know by PMing me!!!

Don't do itMy girlfirend and I attended conference last year and spent a ton on the boxes......we sent home a ton of "hostess" gifts as most of the items were duplicates. How many bread tubes can you have. This year we have promised not to spend and to save that money for the new fall products. We could have bought the entire new line of PC with the money we spent on boxes!

Susan, what was the cheese slicer thing? I have a host whose father had an old PC one that he loved, but hasn't been around for a long time (I've never seen one). He would be thrilled to get a new one.

I traded to get the bread tubes! I REALLY wanted all the different shapes! I got the old wooden handled baker's roller and all purpose spreader. I ended up with 2 crocks-the plain one and a cornflower blue one...couldn't get rid of them no matter how hard I tried! I tried to use one as a pen holder in my office, but it's too deep. My sister loves blue, maybe I should give it to her...I also got a magic mop that I was really excited about but have yet to use. I traded for the ice shaver that I've never used, too...I don't know if I will buy a surprise box again this year...what I was REALLY hoping for (and if anyone has one that they're not using) was the SA Hospitality set. Anything SA would have made me happy but they're apparently not just giving that stuff away! It was fun, though...

There has been word that there might not be boxes this year because of the creation of the outlet...

There's been word that they're taking away all our fun....

Kim, you want the Hospitality Set? The boat thingys?

Oh girl, let's make a deal!!! Mine just sit in my cabinet!!! I use the platter, though.

Email or PM me!

At least you get to go for the not-as-much-fun! I have to pay for a $600 plane ticket!

OOOH Deb! I just emailed you!

Gillian...I am so thankful that I live in the burbs and can drive in...I even brought my mystery box out to my car that was parked a block and a half away from McCormick place! (can you say CHEAP!?)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
jbarnhill
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • raebates