• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gifting an Extra - What's it Good For?

In summary, the Mix N Masher is an excellent tool for mixing up batters and doughs. It is also great for mashing bananas and other vegetables.
pamperedape
What's it good for? I have an extra and want to give it as a host gift, but don't have one myself. What all do you use it for?

you can use it for mashed potatoes, guacamole

The short answer - EVERYTHING!I use mine for:
Guacamole & other dips and sauces
Mixing muffins & quick breads (It is the BEST tool for doing this w/o over-mixing)
Mixing up pancakes
I have found that I reach for this to stir practically everything!Oh - mashing sweet potatoes (we don't eat alot of white potatoes - but love these!)
and mashing winter squash
Bananas for bread or muffins.......

the best thing ever for mashing bananas for banana bread. Great on avocado, sweet potatoes, cooked carrots (for mashed carrots), turnip, etc.

I wonder how good it would be for making baby food?!?

Really? See, I think it doesn't seem very sturdy so that's why I haven't purchased one for myself. Hmmmm....I just might have to.

Or keep this one!! hehe!

mixing cake mix... it's the BEST!

Funny - I wasn't loving it for ground beef but I love the idea of mashing bananas for bread. Now I can't wait to try it on potatoes!

raquirion said:
Funny - I wasn't loving it for ground beef but I love the idea of mashing bananas for bread. Now I can't wait to try it on potatoes!

Not the Mix N Chop, but the Mix N Masher is what everyone is talking about!

I agree with Becky, Everything!

Ooops! Good thing I didn't go too far with that idea.

So wait - the people who said bananas - you DO mean the mix and MASHER right??

Yes...Bananas & I LOVE the way it mashes up Avacados for Guacamole!!!!;)

pamperedape said:
So wait - the people who said bananas - you DO mean the mix and MASHER right??
Yep - that's the one! My unexpected favorite new(er) tool! Thought it was silly when I first saw it - but have fallen in love with it!

I make this Amish Friendship Bread that you can't use any metal utensils and once you add pudding to the mix it gets really hard to mix. I grabbed that Mix and Masher and it was wonderful!Lynda

Lynda,

Isn't that Amish Friendship Bread the best? I started making it this past spring and it is sooo goood!

Yes the best, it was the first thing I made when I got my stoneware loaf pans. I didn't have any to put away when the family got done with it. They are all asking me when is the next batch coming.Lynda

I haven't made it in a while but froze a few starter batches - I may have to break them out and make them!

Just remember to use your mix-n-masher for the pudding. I have a few frozen too, I am hosting a party here in October, most of my family is coming from all over just because I said I would have it ready.

The Mix N Masher is much sturdier than it appears. I use it to mash potatoes all the time. It's also perfect for mixing pancakes and quick breads. These are batters that you don't want to incorporate air into. The design of the Mix N Masher makes it ideal for combining ingredients without adding a lot of air.

I love the mix n masher!! I use it for "chopping" up ground beef in my skillet..... as well as bananas and mashed potatoes! I love how well it works, and that is why I haven't bought the mix n chop yet.....no need to, I alreade have a great tool, with more purpose! (but I let everyone rave about the mix n chop at shows!):)The only gripe I have is I mix my ground beef with ground turkey, and the little "strings" get caught when the meat is raw, but once it is cooked, it doesn't get stuck. I have heard the same gripe about the mix n chop though!

I use my mix n masher for devilled eggs, egg salad, and potato salad. I don't go too far on the potato salad, but some people like it in smaller chunks than others. I also use it for the hashbrown crust of the new ham and cheese brunch bake in the SBCB instead of crumbling them with my fingers.

Deviled Eggs!

Off the subject, but i used to have a starter for the Amish Friendship Bread and the recipe, but have long since lost it. Anyone have a recipe they could send me? I would appreciate it!
[email protected]

I would love the recipe too. I want to start a batch with my friends.

I had the recipe, but mine is gone too. The only thing that freaked me out with the Amish Friendship bread is that you have to add milk, then it sits out on the counter. It tastes delicious, but that milk thing always stuck in the back of my mind while I was eating it.

ChefJeniLobdell said:
I would love the recipe too. I want to start a batch with my friends.
Sounds interesting how does this work? You need friends? :) Oh and if someone has the recipe that would be great too.

I always use it at the show. Before the show I have the host microwave a potatoe. In a bowl I place the "baked potatoe" with some butter and we make instant mashed potatoes by passing the bowl around with everyone getting their chance to use it. The husband of the host has more times than not ended up eating it before the show is done if he is nosing around for food and the guests are not gone yet....

It is a fun way and people are amazed with it.

Angie

simplecooking said:
I always use it at the show. Before the show I have the host microwave a potatoe. In a bowl I place the "baked potatoe" with some butter and we make instant mashed potatoes by passing the bowl around with everyone getting their chance to use it. The husband of the host has more times than not ended up eating it before the show is done if he is nosing around for food and the guests are not gone yet....

Angie

What a great idea Angie!

simplecooking said:

Angie

add cheese sour cream bacon and have a loaded baked potatoe :)

I sent a couple of emails for the friendship bread, anybody who didn't get the email and wants the recipe, send me a PM.Lynda

What perfect timing for this thread! I have to bake my friendship bread tomorrow and never thought of using the mix n'masher to stir it up with!!

It gets so thick and hard to do with the bamboo spoon, my arm always gets tired - I can't wait to try the mix n' masher - I think it will work much better.

Thanks for sharing this tip!

Yes it makes it much easier, I am so glad I decided to try it.

1. What is a "Gifting an Extra" item?

A "Gifting an Extra" item is a product that is in addition to the main Pampered Chef item that a customer has purchased. It is often offered as a bonus or incentive for purchasing a certain amount or hosting a party.

2. What is it good for?

The "Gifting an Extra" item is versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes. It can be used as a host gift, a thank you gift, or even kept for yourself as an extra item for your kitchen.

3. I have an extra and want to give it as a host gift, but I don't have one myself. What are some ways I can use it?

If you have an extra "Gifting an Extra" item and want to use it as a host gift, there are several options. You can use it as a standalone gift, pair it with another Pampered Chef item, or even use it as a prize for a game during the party.

4. Can I use the "Gifting an Extra" item in my own kitchen?

Yes, you can definitely use the "Gifting an Extra" item in your own kitchen. It is a fully functional and useful product that can be used for cooking, baking, or serving.

5. Are there any restrictions on how I can use the "Gifting an Extra" item?

No, there are no restrictions on how you can use the "Gifting an Extra" item. It is meant to be a versatile and useful product for both the host and the customer. Feel free to use it in any way that suits your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies