1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sun-dried tomato seasoning

1. Cr8vKitchen

Cr8vKitchen Member

I love to try new things when I'm cooking...sometimes they don't work out as well as I had hoped but other times, I nail it. Last night was one of those times!

I had purchased the Sun-dried tomato seasoning but hadn't used it yet. Well, I was making potatoes for dinner and got into that "I don't want to do them the same ol' way" attitude. I saw the seasoning sitting so quietly on my counter and decided "why not?".

A little EVO, diced tomatoes, salt, potatoes and the SDT seasoning...delicious! My husband was raving about them!!

Jun 10, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I love this seasoning!

I do like you did - to make roasted veggies. I use a little olive oil, red potatoes, onions, carrots, bell pepper, sweet potato (really whatever I have!) toss it with the SDTS and roast them in the oven.

Delicious!

(and I confess, I had it for breakfast w/ olive oil & leftover french bread, and chicken salad. A bit unorthodox, but ohhh soooo good!)

Jun 10, 2009
  3. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

The seasonings are very multi-purpose. Those flavors are very concentrated, like the rubs, so don't over season!

Jun 10, 2009
  4. annew

annew Member

one of my guests made a salad dressing w/a similiar seasoning so i'm going to try it tonight w/ours :)

Jun 10, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

My DH loves to grill chicken breasts on our George Foreman (and hopefully on my newly acquired Grill Pan) and using a little EVOO and the Sun-dried Tomato seasoning. It is really good! I'm not a huge fan of the bread-dipping use (at least not as written on the recipe- I half the amount of seasoning to suit my taste), but I like the Parmesan-Garlic and the SD-Tomato seasons on other things. Veggies is a great idea!

Jun 10, 2009
  6. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

Thanks for the great ideas. I was wondering what to do with the sd-tomato one.

I love the parm/garlic on pizza crust with a little butter then cheese and seasoning. Bake--yummy!

Jun 10, 2009
Have something to add?