• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Summer Show Cancellations: A PC Seller's Experience

M
mistym
Ok, In the past week I have had 4 shows cancel....this has left me with 3 shows in May and 2 shows in June. Having never worked through a Summer with PC is this normal?? Is it just me?

My Summer seems to be a bit of a nose dive...everyone is rescheduling for the end of Summer - haha unfortunantly not Sell-a-thon months....bah Humbug!!

Let me know

thanks

I'm right there with you - but we can do this. I'm working the phone, and trying very hard to take Rae's advice that I am offering them something that is very beneficial to them and not take it personally if they turn me down. I'm also asking for referrals. have you tried that yet?

Yes, it's normal, but don't get discouraged! It's just the time of year. This is where you really need to work on getting referrals and leads. Try doing the 5 names a day game if you aren't already. If there are any fairs or booths you can work, now is the time also. If you are interested in building a team, start working on that as well. I know this doesn't help on the $$$ side of things, but the more time you can spend on getting leads and contacts now, then the idea is if they aren't interested in summer bookings, you will have more leads than you can handle for the fall all the way into the holiday season.

Hang in there! :)

When do you longtime sellers seem to think is the busiest time so I can prepare myself and really work those months?

One thing that has helped me with bookings is by telling people that June and July are important months for my business because it will help me earn the fall products for free. I've had a couple people book shows just because they knew about my goal.

Try offering to do BBQ parties since grilling is so popular in the summer.

SILV1234 said:
When do you longtime sellers seem to think is the busiest time so I can prepare myself and really work those months?

Fall is our busiest season. For me, it's Oct and Nov.

Good to know. I am thinking of having an August open house since the new catalog somes out in August..... Am I Right about that???

I'm there too. All 4 of my May shows cancelled or resceduled. It left me with a total sales of $151 from a booth I did. I started in July and this has been my worst month yet. Right now I only have 1 for June and 1 for July. I've been on the phone but keep getting answering machines. I'm also trying to promote to Director by August 1st. I have 4 girls, 2 of them are qualified.
This bites!

SILV1234 said:
Good to know. I am thinking of having an August open house since the new catalog somes out in August..... Am I Right about that???
New catalogs come out in September. August will be the last month for anything that's being discontinued.

I have been trying to offer different kinds of shows, as well as a booking incentive. I updated this flyer (thanks to whoever I borrowed it from). My booking incentive is also attached. I print these coupons off on colored paper (thanks for whoever created it), then roll them up, put paperclips on them so they'll stay rolled up. I place them in the Tiles Bowl and have people select one (when they agree to host a show). I also have a coupon in there for a FREE small bar pan, a FREE large bar pan, and a $10 OFF coupon. So far, I have only used this at a Farmer's Market display, where I got one show. But, I intend to use it at my show on the 29th, plus I've emailed, snail-mailed and called people offering this special. I've got more calls to make today.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Attachments

• Summer Theme Show Ideas 2007.doc
    192 KB · Views: 679
  • Booking Incentive Coupon 1 page.doc
    24 KB · Views: 543
  • Booking Incentive Coupon back.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 393
SILV1234 said:

The new Catalog comes out in Sept., but I usually hold a "Fall Preview Extravaganza" towards the end of August - a last chance to buy retiring products and be the first to see the new products type of show. I used to invite everyone, but now only invite past hosts and have them bring guests. I go all out for this show - I have a buffet of new recipes set up for everyone to sample, I save all of my "good" gifts (host specials from each month) that I accumulate throughout the year for this show, and do drawings every 15 minutes. I have all of the gifts sitting on a table with a # attached to them, and then I draw a name and a matching #. Everyone gets a SB for attending, and I offer great incentives for booking and also if the friend (or friends) you brought books! The past 2 years, I have gotten 8 bookings from this show, and usually around $500 in sales. I do one and only one PC party a year - and I do it up big! It insures my Fall Success!

Great idea Becky. I love it. Think I will try it this August.

Awesome Summer Theme flyer Trish!! I bet this will get your summer booked up.

ChefBeckyD said:
The new Catalog comes out in Sept., but I usually hold a "Fall Preview Extravaganza" towards the end of August - a last chance to buy retiring products and be the first to see the new products type of show. I used to invite everyone, but now only invite past hosts and have them bring guests. I go all out for this show - I have a buffet of new recipes set up for everyone to sample, I save all of my "good" gifts (host specials from each month) that I accumulate throughout the year for this show, and do drawings every 15 minutes. I have all of the gifts sitting on a table with a # attached to them, and then I draw a name and a matching #. Everyone gets a SB for attending, and I offer great incentives for booking and also if the friend (or friends) you brought books! The past 2 years, I have gotten 8 bookings from this show, and usually around $500 in sales. I do one and only one PC party a year - and I do it up big! It insures my Fall Success!

Becky, that's a fantastic idea! I'm due in October, so maybe this will give me a chance to book before & after that! I have done an open house in Nov/Dec the past two years & the attendance stunk--plus I don't want to be doing one with a newborn this year. I love your idea!

ChefBeckyD said:
I offer great incentives for booking and also if the friend (or friends) you brought books! I do one and only one PC party a year - and I do it up big! It insures my Fall Success!

At a training here in Arlington, TX that Carol Radu held on bookings to kick off Spring some of the advanced directors had this idea. They highly recommended it. After we move at the end of June I will try and do one in Aug for Fall. What are the booking incentives that you give out? Do you invite any of your preferred customers?

Marisol

Related to Summer Show Cancellations: A PC Seller's Experience

1. Is it normal to experience summer show cancellations as a PC seller?

Yes, it is normal for PC sellers to experience show cancellations during the summer months. Many people are on vacation or busy with other activities, which can result in lower attendance at shows.

2. Why are my shows being rescheduled for the end of summer?

Many shows may be rescheduled for the end of summer because it is a popular time for events and gatherings. This can lead to more competition for attendees and may result in lower attendance for your shows.

3. Is this just happening to me?

No, this is a common experience for many PC sellers during the summer months. It is important to plan ahead and be prepared for potential show cancellations and rescheduling.

4. How can I make the most out of the remaining shows in May and June?

To make the most out of the remaining shows, focus on promoting them to your target audience and offering special deals or promotions to attract attendees. You can also consider branching out to different markets or venues to increase your reach.

5. What can I do to prepare for potential show cancellations in the future?

To prepare for potential show cancellations, it is important to have a backup plan in place. This could include having alternative events or opportunities lined up, or diversifying your sales channels to reach a wider audience. It is also helpful to have open communication with event organizers and stay updated on any changes or updates to the show schedule.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RossDeb2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TammyStar
  • SusanBP0129
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
merego
Replies