• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Summer Grilling & Cooking Tips: Share Your Favorites!

In summary, some suggested tools for grilling this summer are the grill basket and tray for grilling veggies, the quickstir for no longer looking for a long handled spoon, and the measure mix n pour for making homemade salad dressings without all the additives.
kcjodih
Gold Member
For our meeting this week my director has asked for tool tips for favorite SUMMER products and I'm stumped. Some that have been suggested are the grill basket and tray for grilling veggies, the quickstir for no longer looking for a long handled spoon, and the measure mix n pour for making homemade salad dressings without all the additives.

Does anyone else have any to share? Thanks all! :)

Corn Cob Nobs--Remind everyone that you put these in before you cook the corn. Yes, it works whether you boil, microwave, or grill your corn. You must, however, grill properly over medium heat coals. If you have flames shooting up through your grates you'll melt your Corn Cob Nobs. (I'm shocked at how many people have these but don't know they can do this.)Stoneware--use a stone to make cookies on the grill. Make sure the grill is at about medium heat. Turn off your gas grill or separate the coals in your charcoal grill to stop heat buildup. Put cookie dough on the stone. Put the stone on the grill. Cover. In about 14 minutes you'll have fresh cookies and a cool house.Party Sticks--use these to hold cups (or party hats) filled with popcorn, pretzels, chips, or the makings for s'mores.

There is always the kernel remover as a crushed pineapple tool. When using the pineapple wedger, you can scrape off the excess still attached to the rind and have wonderful crushed pineapple to put over ice cream or add to a fruit salad.:cool:

The collapsible bowls for shrimp and cocktail sauce, or as your garbage bowl when out on a picnic.

The trifle bowl for all those upcoming potlucks. Store leftovers in fridge when you get home happy and tired.

Our sheet pans work really great on the grill, great for stuffed jalapeno's or roasting that corn you just removed with our fab kernel cutter.

Pineapple wedger to make spears that you can grill and use over icecream with our yummy Pineapple Rum Sauce.

Apple wedger to make an onion blossom and roast over the grill. Then you don't have to worry about losing any onion on the grill. Course I'd recommend you grill the blossons in our BBQ basket or tray. :D

Our new cool n serve tray for all the wonderful ways HO has suggested.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Our new cool n serve tray for all the wonderful ways HO has suggested.

I don't know if it was suggested here or somewhere else but put the cooling blocks in the lid and the bottom piece over that to keep salads or potato salad, etc cool at the picnic.

"Stoneware--use a stone to make cookies on the grill. Make sure the grill is at about medium heat. Turn off your gas grill or separate the coals in your charcoal grill to stop heat buildup. Put cookie dough on the stone. Put the stone on the grill. Cover. In about 14 minutes you'll have fresh cookies and a cool house."

Don't forget that this will void the warranty, as the product information guide does not recommend using our stoneware on the grill!!

Thanks everyone, these are WONDERFUL tips and I can't wait to share! :)

Hi there! I'm glad to see you're looking for some summer grilling and cooking tips. As a pampered chef consultant, I have a few favorites that I always recommend to my clients. First off, the grill basket and tray for grilling veggies is definitely a must-have. It makes grilling vegetables so much easier and more efficient. Another tool that I love for grilling is the BBQ grill pan. It's perfect for cooking smaller items that might fall through the grates, like shrimp or sliced vegetables. For summer salads, the measure mix n pour is a game-changer. It's so convenient for making homemade dressings without all the added preservatives and additives. I also love the salad chopper for quickly and evenly chopping up lettuce and other veggies. Lastly, don't forget about the ice cream sandwich maker for a fun and delicious summer treat! I hope these suggestions help and happy grilling! :)

1. What are some tips for grilling vegetables?

One tip for grilling vegetables is to cut them into similar sizes and thickness to ensure even cooking. Another tip is to lightly brush them with oil to prevent sticking. You can also use a grill basket or foil packet to keep smaller pieces from falling through the grates.

2. How do I prevent my meat from sticking to the grill?

To prevent meat from sticking to the grill, make sure to preheat your grill and oil the grates before placing the meat on them. You can also lightly oil the meat itself before grilling. Avoid moving the meat too soon after placing it on the grill, as this can cause it to stick.

3. What is the best way to marinate meat before grilling?

The best way to marinate meat before grilling is to use an acidic marinade, such as one with lemon juice or vinegar, as it helps to tenderize the meat. Make sure to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or even overnight for tougher cuts of meat. Don't forget to pat the meat dry before placing it on the grill.

4. Can I use my grill for desserts?

Yes, you can definitely use your grill for desserts! Grilling fruits, such as peaches, pineapple, and watermelon, brings out their natural sweetness and adds a delicious smoky flavor. You can also grill pound cake or other types of cake for a unique dessert option.

5. How do I know when my meat is cooked to the right temperature?

The best way to know when your meat is cooked to the right temperature is to use a meat thermometer. The USDA recommends cooking beef, pork, lamb, and veal to an internal temperature of 145°F, poultry to 165°F, and ground meats to 160°F. Make sure to insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • kitchendivinity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • naekelsey
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies