• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute for Jamaican Jerk Rub?

In summary, if you don't have Jamaican Jerk Rub on hand, you can use a combination of ground allspice, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, thyme, and brown sugar as a substitute. You can also use a store-bought jerk seasoning blend. Smoked paprika can be substituted for regular paprika in a homemade Jamaican Jerk Rub, but it is recommended for added depth of flavor. Vegetarian and vegan options for Jamaican Jerk Rub include using smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, allspice, cayenne pepper, and brown sugar, or using a jerk seasoning blend without animal products. Jamaican Jerk Rub can be used on a
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm trying to help someone who said their membership expired. She's looking for a substitute for the Jamaican Jerk Rub. Any ideas?

I'll have to look. There's a recipe in an older cookbook that I have made and the last couple times I used our rub instead of the spices.

babywings76 said:
I'm trying to help someone who said their membership expired. She's looking for a substitute for the Jamaican Jerk Rub. Any ideas?

Chile Lime Rub or maybe Southwest Seasoning....

The Greek Rub is the closest substitute.

Found it. It is in Stoneware Inspirations pae 37 "Jamaican Pork Tenderloin"

4 tsp chili powder
1 Tbsp. salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp pepper

1. What can I use as a substitute for Jamaican Jerk Rub?

If you don't have Jamaican Jerk Rub on hand, you can use a combination of ground allspice, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, thyme, and brown sugar to create a similar flavor profile. You can also use a store-bought jerk seasoning blend as a substitute.

2. Can I use regular paprika instead of smoked paprika in a homemade Jamaican Jerk Rub?

Yes, you can substitute regular paprika for smoked paprika in a homemade Jamaican Jerk Rub. However, the smoky flavor of the smoked paprika adds an extra layer of depth to the rub, so it is recommended to use it if possible.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan alternatives to Jamaican Jerk Rub?

Yes, you can make a vegetarian or vegan Jamaican Jerk Rub by using smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, allspice, cayenne pepper, and brown sugar. You can also use a jerk seasoning blend that does not contain any animal products.

4. How do I use Jamaican Jerk Rub on different types of meat?

Jamaican Jerk Rub is traditionally used on chicken or pork, but you can also use it on fish, shrimp, or tofu for a vegetarian option. Simply rub the seasoning onto the meat and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes before grilling, baking, or pan-frying.

5. Can I make a large batch of Jamaican Jerk Rub and store it for later use?

Yes, you can make a large batch of Jamaican Jerk Rub and store it in an airtight container or jar for future use. It can last for several months in a cool, dry place. Alternatively, you can freeze the rub in an ice cube tray and pop out individual portions as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lcucinella
  • esavvymom