• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute for Crescent Rolls???

In summary, there are a few options for substituting crescent rolls in a recipe, including using puff pastry, pie crust dough, or biscuit dough. However, keep in mind that these substitutes may alter the texture and flavor of the final dish. Phyllo dough may not work as well as a substitute and there are also gluten-free options available. Homemade dough can also be used, but it should be rolled out thin and have a similar texture to crescent rolls. Canned biscuit dough can also work as a substitute, but the texture and flavor may be slightly different.
krismaur
Hi all,

I just got an email from a friend in the Philippines with an interesting problem. She really wants to make the Turkey Cranberry Wreath for a Christmas party and can't get crescent rolls. She said a friend was going to bring some to her from Japan (if you can believe it) but they were sold out. She's wondering if 1) there would be a suitable substitute for crescent rolls and if not, 2) if there is a similar recipe that she could use.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!!

Kristin

I don't know of a straight substitution, but I found a link to a recipe for crescent roll dough: http://www.recipezaar.com/Crescent-Roll-Dough-Bread-Machine-223508
Different message boards were also discussing using puff pastry or pie crust as a possible substitute, too.

Great! Thanks so much, Amy! That sounds yummy!

1. What can I use as a substitute for crescent rolls in a recipe?

There are a few options for substituting crescent rolls in a recipe. You can use puff pastry, pie crust dough, or even biscuit dough as alternatives. Just keep in mind that these substitutes may alter the texture and flavor of the final dish.

2. Can I use phyllo dough instead of crescent rolls?

While phyllo dough is a similar flaky pastry, it may not work as well as a substitute for crescent rolls. Phyllo dough is thinner and doesn't have the same buttery flavor, so it may not provide the same results in a recipe that calls for crescent rolls.

3. Is there a gluten-free substitute for crescent rolls?

Yes, you can use gluten-free puff pastry or gluten-free pie crust dough as a substitute for crescent rolls in a recipe. However, keep in mind that these substitutes may have a different texture and taste than traditional crescent rolls.

4. Can I use homemade dough instead of crescent rolls?

Yes, you can use homemade dough as a substitute for crescent rolls. Just make sure the dough is rolled out thin and has a similar texture to crescent rolls. You can also add some butter or seasonings to the homemade dough to mimic the flavor of crescent rolls.

5. Can I use canned biscuit dough as a substitute for crescent rolls?

Yes, canned biscuit dough can work as a substitute for crescent rolls in a recipe. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different. You can try flattening out the biscuit dough and rolling it into a crescent shape to get closer to the traditional crescent roll shape.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • urbnk8